Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DO NOT REMOVE SPEED PAD

Goodwill

And if you think I'm trolling... you're part right. No I'm not trolling in that I don't want speed pad removed, but yes I would like to use it for trolling.

Of course, the trolling part. Love everyone going to evac and as they are rushing to the point you throw down a speed pad. Bonus points if it's an evac at the edge of a platform or cliff.

Not so much trolling part; since Vauban slips through obstacles like butter when affected by speed pad, the ability is actually pretty alright for rushing through stages and clearing large gaps if you slide then bullet jump into it. It's a very nuance ability so... yeah, I've actually grown quite fond of this ineffective, but entertaining ability.

Edited by Goodwill
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It has to go. We can’t keep bad abilities just because it’s a meme ability. If it’s not practical it has to go.

Well I did say it has its uses. Try sliding into it and bullet jumping. It's speed boost still applies during vertical maneuvers albeit still only affecting the horizontal vector.

You just need skill and environmental awareness to use it effectively. There's nothing wrong with abilities that require a bit more player skill. 

Just now, Goodwill said:

Well I did say it has its uses. Try sliding into it and bullet jumping. It's speed boost still applies during vertical maneuvers albeit still only affecting the horizontal vector.

You just need skill and environmental awareness to use it effectively. There's nothing wrong with abilities that require a bit more player skill. 

It has to go.

19 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

We already have enough nerfs with the update. Vauban is already slow, we don't need more nerfs.

Replacing it with anything from an armor buffer to a healing AOE would be big buff to Vauban. In fact that’s what Minelayer should be. A variety of grenades that’s provide different, useful roles.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Replacing it with anything from an armor buffer to a healing AOE would be big buff to Vauban. In fact that’s what Minelayer should be. A variety of grenades that’s provide different, useful roles.

8 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It has to go. We can’t keep bad abilities just because it’s a meme ability. If it’s not practical it has to go.

Preach it! 😄

25 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I would agree tether grenade should be replaced because Vortex exists. Flechette is also useless because laser. So replace those two first. Get rid of redundant abilities first which are both redundant and useless. You can argue speed pad is useless, but at least it isn't redundant.

8 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

I would agree tether grenade should be replaced because Vortex exists. Flechette is also useless because laser. So replace those two first. Get rid of redundant abilities first which are both redundant and useless. You can argue speed pad is useless, but at least it isn't redundant.

Gauss exists, speed pad is redundant. 

10 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Gauss exists, speed pad is redundant. 

Trinity, Wisp, Frost, Health Pads and Arcanes exist. Your suggestions would be redundant because unlike Gauss who only buffs himself, they can buff or heal Vauban.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

Trinity, Wisp, Frost, Health Pads and Arcanes exist. Your suggestions would be redundant because unlike Gauss who only buffs himself, they can buff or heal Vauban.

My point is Vaubans minelayer should provide a variety of different utility and team buffs. Not a bunch of useless garbage and bounce 2.0.

• Like 1

no you silly dumbass, we can't have the speed pad because the only valid way to get enjoyment out of warframe is to procure loot as easily as possible and every single thing in the game must be geared towards facilitating that

there is absolutely no reason a frame with essentially 8 abilities should have any abilities that require creative application or (god forbid) just exist to be entertaining when even MR28 founders with thousands of hours need absolutely all the help they can get to survive an entire round of an arbitration, or finish an e prime run in less than 20 minutes. they should replace it with damage protection like everyone is asking, because it's just silly to expect players to learn how to dodge or use their movement and abilities tactically (yes it says vauban is a tactician but that just means he should get a turret, so it can tactically do defense missions for us while we go to Mcdonald's) when they could just as easily give every single frame some variation of Shatter Shield.

actually, come to think of it, why don't we just make every frame an alt skin for Mesa with different visual effects on Peacemaker? absolutely every gamer both inside and outside of the Warframe community loves mesa's gameplay, consisting as it does of sitting in one spot and holding LMB to obliterate everything on your screen as it appears while ignoring enemy attacks entirely. mesa is the most fun thing not just within warframe but in the entirety of gaming, possibly the entirety of entertainment itself, and i really don't see why we'd need anything different.

in conclusion, vauban is bad and his entire kit should be scrapped except for vortex, whose radius should be expanded 200% so it can scoop up the entire map, and orbital strike, which on top of detonating immediately on impact (good change de, looking forward to more) should penetrate nullifier bubbles and deal an enemy's entire hp in true damage. only then will he be worth playing at levels beyond mercury

Idm if boost pad was removed but if I had to improve it here is what I would do;

·       Vauban and allies that run across it should get a speed buff for 10 seconds for whatever you do while running on it. (running, reloading, shooting bullet jumping)

·       Enemies affected will receive 50% reduction to movement speed.

·       Make the duration of enemies’ movement speed reduction affected by duration mods 15 seconds at base.

·       This works for k-drives.

I already said it in the Vauban feedback thread but i think there is a way to make this ability interesting. Instead of a pad, the ability should be a arrow shaped wall like this:

Révélation

1573764546-vauban-glacis.png

The wall could block ennemy shooting and each ennemies touching it would be reppeled in the direction the wall is pointing (like the current vector pad). If an ally touch the wall he could have a small speed boost for a short duration.

Vauban (the architect) was famous for his fortress composed of sharp walls, this ability could be a small tribute to him, it would give us a unique defensive ability and the (rare) persons who absolutely want to keep the vector pad could still use it to repel ennemies.

Edited by Icecryos
  • Like 2

On 2019-11-07 at 1:41 AM, Goodwill said:

Flechette is also useless because laser

Those have completely different roles. I tried flechettes and they turned out to be way stronger than anticipated. They were still working at level 60+ with my build and could lock a chokepoint.

Photon strike is a single burst of damage in a small area. Flechette is a continuous barrage of smaller, staggering shots in a larger area. They are too different for overlap to be an argument for removal.

On 2019-11-06 at 5:41 PM, Goodwill said:

I would agree tether grenade should be replaced because Vortex exists.

Tether is actually a great compliment to Vortex because it has double the radius. The problems with it are all bugs. If it wasn't bugged it would be great at yanking in enemies way outside the vortex into the vortex.

Tether is 56m at 280%. Vortex is 28m and you can place the tethers anywhere in the Vortex radius to yank enemies within 56m of that spot into the vortex radius. If tether were not bugged (it currently stays linked to dead body parts) + didn't have issues if the enemy it was pulling got stuck on pebbles and corners, it would be an amazing combination, which I imagine was the intent. 

1 hour ago, Borg1611 said:

Tether is actually a great compliment to Vortex because it has double the radius. The problems with it are all bugs. If it wasn't bugged it would be great at yanking in enemies way outside the vortex into the vortex.

Tether is 56m at 280%. Vortex is 28m and you can place the tethers anywhere in the Vortex radius to yank enemies within 56m of that spot into the vortex radius. If tether were not bugged (it currently stays linked to dead body parts) + didn't have issues if the enemy it was pulling got stuck on pebbles and corners, it would be an amazing combination, which I imagine was the intent. 

Yeah, I found a use after the post which I use to pull enemies behind cover to heal off from with melee. The fact that one only pulls so many enemies (2?) makes it very manageable. At high level play, I tend to play Vauban as a bit of a cover shooter or aerial sniper and his CC does complement those style of play.

I gotta say after a bit that I've been playing Vauban I've been using Vector Pad unironically more and more.

If anything they should improve it instead of removing it. There are more worthless grenades (flechette) that could be replaced. I legit miss concussion as it was really convenient to yeet ancients' effects.

What they could do is to 1st of all making mineslayer a onehanded ability again, slightly increase animation speed to avoiding needing a mandatory natural talent (using vector pad reliably is impossible if you're not the host and without natural talent).

To make vector pad less of a meme add temporary side effects: increased movement speed for 5-10 secs. Increase melee damage during vector pad's momentum. We'd love it. Just imagine thrusting yourself with a charged jat kittag's heavy or fragor (since that's how he came out) onto enemies' faces

14 minutes ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Now you trollin dude. So good trolling no one even noticed.

You ask too much from people here. Skill? Naaah, let's slap healz and resistz.

Oh, my bad. You right. Speed pad too hard to use. Need be buff that lasts long and can be refreshed.

10 minutes ago, Furappi said:

Is not even useful, i'll trade for a sustain ability anytime

I'd blame that one on a player's inability to find a use.