Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DO NOT REMOVE SPEED PAD

Goodwill

1 hour ago, Furappi said:

No, the ability is useless, the time it take to spawn and use i already bullet jump the same distance, the hitbox is too small and you cant control, you cant only go forward, even you try to use to troll you cant because is useless

A tool is only as useful as the person using it.

On 2019-11-07 at 2:44 AM, MrFrog9 said:

no you silly dumbass, we can't have the speed pad because the only valid way to get enjoyment out of warframe is to procure loot as easily as possible and every single thing in the game must be geared towards facilitating that

there is absolutely no reason a frame with essentially 8 abilities should have any abilities that require creative application or (god forbid) just exist to be entertaining when even MR28 founders with thousands of hours need absolutely all the help they can get to survive an entire round of an arbitration, or finish an e prime run in less than 20 minutes. they should replace it with damage protection like everyone is asking, because it's just silly to expect players to learn how to dodge or use their movement and abilities tactically (yes it says vauban is a tactician but that just means he should get a turret, so it can tactically do defense missions for us while we go to Mcdonald's) when they could just as easily give every single frame some variation of Shatter Shield.

actually, come to think of it, why don't we just make every frame an alt skin for Mesa with different visual effects on Peacemaker? absolutely every gamer both inside and outside of the Warframe community loves mesa's gameplay, consisting as it does of sitting in one spot and holding LMB to obliterate everything on your screen as it appears while ignoring enemy attacks entirely. mesa is the most fun thing not just within warframe but in the entirety of gaming, possibly the entirety of entertainment itself, and i really don't see why we'd need anything different.

in conclusion, vauban is bad and his entire kit should be scrapped except for vortex, whose radius should be expanded 200% so it can scoop up the entire map, and orbital strike, which on top of detonating immediately on impact (good change de, looking forward to more) should penetrate nullifier bubbles and deal an enemy's entire hp in true damage. only then will he be worth playing at levels beyond mercury

Yeah loved me too the fix on photon strike , but that just cause rataelius cried for it , and now we cannot use that ability in free roaming map without being near 15 meter... Literally bullS#&$ . Btw u got it wrong mate we are asking only for flecchete being able to kill alone more than lv 50 enemies maybe giving it slash so u will need noweapon to go around , cause u know YouTuber said that puncture is the worst dmg , and it doesn't full fill what a deathorb should do , YouTubers said even to make faster cast speed on photon strike and he said it that he just don't use that weapon so that why he doesn't care of the result , Tesla are good since youtubers said so, they are not too loud or just slow as #*!% to be reliable as some person said and with a big that never disappear. The Blu mynes the 1 that stun 2 enemies in ha horde game ( 2 #*!%ing enemy in a horde game) is the only good myne since we have not already the best spell to stun enemies , we need a coil to stun enemies face down , just a stupid wast of time, if u get a box with that spell gl killing him without dying . Changing to 4-6 enemies wouldn't change either , concuss was great cause would make some difference taking the fire from others. But still where we was ah Bastille suck now is nerfed , YouTubers said so , vortex is a non factor cause YouTuber said it will never use it. So yeah vauban rework is bad and should spread some spore from his arse to kill and nuke all the rooms easy with 1 key . Who care of damage protection with that.

13 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

The only reason it should stay is if it provides a buff...it does not. All it does is shoot you forward for a bit. If it gave a timed speed boost to the frame that goes over it(like faster fire rate, melee speed, reload, ect...)

Have u tried it in freeroaming plz do, have u ever saw those big enormous map where u can jump all of them in 1 second ? If u time it well with bullet jump it will make a big difference , is not good only for a possibility trolling , is the only escape vauban have , and is good , he have 8 ability why touching the only movement 1 ? 

On 2019-11-06 at 10:53 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It has to go. We can’t keep bad abilities just because it’s a meme ability. If it’s not practical it has to go.

If that were to be the case then Vauban would still have Bounce and Excalibur would still have Super Jump. Love the OP's logic, not exactly the execution.

35 minutes ago, CephalonSolo said:

Have u tried it in freeroaming plz do, have u ever saw those big enormous map where u can jump all of them in 1 second ? If u time it well with bullet jump it will make a big difference , is not good only for a possibility trolling , is the only escape vauban have , and is good , he have 8 ability why touching the only movement 1 ? 

Because it's not used and I shouldn't have to scroll past it to get to his actually useful skill. If it's only good for trolling it needs to be fixed. "Pure mobility" powers are a relic of the "Pre-parkour" movement system and have since lost a lot of purpose.

This ability is so niche that you never have it equipped when you need it, and it's extremely clunky to use, most of the time it just slow you. You can't use it for escape, the ability is too long to cast,by the time, you can just bullet jump 2 or 3 time (and it's free). Vauban theme isn't even about speed, i rather like a defensive ability.

If some people really want to keep vector pad, it could just be a craftable consumable accessible for everybody (it would work only for the frame using it).

5 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

Vauban doesn't need fun features, he does need a real rework (he didn't have yet tbh). DE shouldn't remove speed pad but the whole mine skill.

Good riddance !

yup. remove mine layer, replace it with Photon Strike, put bastille back on 3. give him a moderate base armor boost or boost his shields.

3 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

yup. remove mine layer, replace it with Photon Strike, put bastille back on 3. give him a moderate base armor boost or boost his shields.

Bastille and vortex are near identical abilities. They fulfill the same role with pretty much equivalent stats. The only difference is ragdoll to center vs suspension.

In contrast, even just the Flechettes are drastically different from the Photon strike, so crushing those together would severely damage the kit. And that's not even considering Tethers and the Overdriver.

Tether mines needs some fixing for usability. Vector pad is the only aspect of this Vauban rework that needs to be replaced, preferably with a solid defensive option.

Edited by Colyeses

1 hour ago, Colyeses said:

Bastille and vortex are near identical abilities. They fulfill the same role with pretty much equivalent stats. The only difference is ragdoll to center vs suspension.

In contrast, even just the Flechettes are drastically different from the Photon strike, so crushing those together would severely damage the kit. And that's not even considering Tethers and the Overdriver.

Tether mines needs some fixing for usability. Vector pad is the only aspect of this Vauban rework that needs to be replaced, preferably with a solid defensive option.

overdriver is terrible, flechette is not good either. you can just shoot your guns if you would use flechette. tether grenade is redundant due to vortex. it was a mistake to combine vortex and bastille

31 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

with as much healing options are available no frame should have a power that gives them DR. boost base armor, health, or shield, or any combination of these and allow modding to do the rest.

So your basically saying Chroma, Trinity, Wisp, Oberon, Hildryn and many others are big no-nos because they honestly get plenty of E-survivability measures. Granted about 2 of them are squishie frames so they NEED that stuff, Goatman is energy hungry if not handled right, Hildryn has to do a balancing act with her shields or be over`spec`d on arcane loadouts to let her migitate the oppsie and Chroma can be just as energy hungry, but honestly has no `effective` direct damage mechanics.

34 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

overdriver is terrible, flechette is not good either. you can just shoot your guns if you would use flechette. tether grenade is redundant due to vortex. it was a mistake to combine vortex and bastille

But in all honesty i rather prefer they did combine vortex & bastille, because Vauban is part of the old crew of early frames where his entire kit served little purpose except for some silly big-brain plays but due to either having sheet for charges or duration, setting up a freaking denial zone was not that good for him, especially if he had to cover more then 1 or 2 small pathways. Plus we all know warframe is not a tower defense, its a game where you are going to be absurdly mobile to take down stuff fast, which kind of clucks the idea of territory zone denial unless the missions are defense, excavation or anything that resembles that, which still gets clucked by map nukers.

Never the less, they honestly had little going for them and easily 2 or even every single one of their abilities just quantified as damage stacks and likely were only made to work effectively in the `early days of warframe` when you normally would not be dealing with high level b.s. enemies.

D.E. is not exactly going by a statistical chart either to so quantify each warframe`s potential power to where in general they would equal roughly the same, just specialized in different fields. Which does not help when they forget to FULLY update older frames with enough of a kit to match modern day content. Minelayer is a 4 in one skill so just like Ivara, he is getting a nice goodie. Its just too bad flechette orb is just a damage zone with nothing really about it, Because they could of atleast let you maybe set a elemental proc with high status chance so it could serve as a constant Elemental proc one, while the speed orb is clearly 100% meme-ie.

Now sadly i do not recall much about tether grenade since i have yet to play with the new version of it yet, but if D.E. took the time to tweak it as a TRAP so soon as a enemy gets within range, it grabs them and clusters them, then it could have the chance to be some what different enough then vortex, though from what i have heard, it has a rather limited number of tethers that i feel like they should of just left the dang trip-wire grenade instead and throw in a small gravity pulse that makes enemies tripped by it take an extra few seconds to get back up. 

And yeah, orbital strike is kind of a bit of a meme weapon, but that is what happens when a game company is designing skills to look interesting, instead of making sure to include features. Such as maybe have the ability to set up a `overwatch` effect, similar to that one XCOM series, where soon as a target enters the area, they would get blasted by the laser and maybe it could have up to X charges based on duration and you could set out a few of them.

Granted, might just be due to me thinking about some other games, but i kind of feel like they should of retained part of Vauban`s ability to set up traps, especially have them in more creative ways, since ultimately only Tesla, what was basically a meme and kind of bad skill, now be what is the OP ability for Vooben because of crap like the Augment for it. Since who doesnt love a Corpse bomb???

Edited by Avienas

10 minutes ago, Avienas said:

So your basically saying Chroma, Trinity, Wisp, Oberon, Hildryn and many others are big no-nos because they honestly get plenty of E-survivability measures. Granted about 2 of them are squishie frames so they NEED that stuff, Goatman is energy hungry if not handled right, Hildryn has to do a balancing act with her shields or be over`spec`d on arcane loadouts to let her migitate the oppsie and Chroma can be just as energy hungry, but honestly has no `effective` direct damage mechanics.

chroma does not have a DR ability, trinity wouldnt need it if they properlly boosted all frames defenses or balanced enemies so they dont OHKO, wisp does not have DR as an ability, oberon does not have damage reduction as an ability, hildryn does not have DR as an abiity

im talking about abilities like shattered shield, splinter storm, link, warding halo, etc

Edited by EinheriarJudith

11 minutes ago, Avienas said:

But in all honesty i rather prefer they did combine vortex & bastille, because Vauban is part of the old crew of early frames where his entire kit served little purpose except for some silly big-brain plays but due to either having sheet for charges or duration, setting up a freaking denial zone was not that good for him, especially if he had to cover more then 1 or 2 small pathways. Plus we all know warframe is not a tower defense, its a game where you are going to be absurdly mobile to take down stuff fast, which kind of clucks the idea of territory zone denial unless the missions are defense, excavation or anything that resembles that, which still gets clucked by map nukers.

D.E. is not exactly going by a statistical chart either to so quantify each warframe`s potential power to where in general they would equal roughly the same, just specialized in different fields. Which does not help when they forget to FULLY update older frames with enough of a kit to match modern day content. Minelayer is a 4 in one skill so just like Ivara, he is getting a nice goodie. Its just too bad flechette orb is just a damage zone with nothing really about it, Because they could of atleast let you maybe set a elemental proc with high status chance so it could serve as a constant Elemental proc one, while the speed orb is clearly 100% meme-ie.

Now sadly i do not recall much about tether grenade since i have yet to play with the new version of it yet, but if D.E. took the time to tweak it as a TRAP so soon as a enemy gets within range, it grabs them and clusters them, then it could have the chance to be some what different enough then vortex, though from what i have heard, it has a rather limited number of tethers that i feel like they should of just left the dang trip-wire grenade instead and throw in a small gravity pulse that makes enemies tripped by it take an extra few seconds to get back up. 

And yeah, orbital strike is kind of a bit of a meme weapon, but that is what happens when a game company is designing skills to look interesting, instead of making sure to include features. Such as maybe have the ability to set up a `overwatch` effect, similar to that one XCOM series, where soon as a target enters the area, they would get blasted by the laser and maybe it could have up to X charges based on duration and you could set out a few of them.

Granted, might just be due to me thinking about some other games, but i kind of feel like they should of retained part of Vauban`s ability to set up traps, especially have them in more creative ways, since ultimately only Tesla, what was basically a meme and kind of bad skill, now be what is the OP ability for Vooben because of crap like the Augment for it. Since who doesnt love a Corpse bomb???

i agree with some things here. they added flair for no reason other than look at me. it does his kit no good. i cant even use him now without natural talent. im not a fan of press hold charge ability wheel gimmicks and he has all of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goodwill said:

Have my upvote for actually countering my argument with a logical rebuttal.

Have my satisfied for being understanding even if we may not agree.

And for the record, while I do agree that the boost pad isn't good, I do think it is a sight better than his old grenades (maybe worse than concuss though).

I rather have bounce back 😞 to troll all those saryn in public lobbies, can't really do that with vector pads. RIP memories of spamming 200 energy pizza forcing people to rage quit with bounce.

Jokes aside i rather would have a "mine" that provides a decent damage reduction for more survivalbility, Yes i know Bastille give an armor bonus but that isn't much of a flat DR. A mine that works like Excalibur's 2 would be also nice instead of MEME pad.

Vector Pad has lot of potential with some more functions mixed in.

High velocity propulsion being one thing, then add in projectile speed bonus for ally gunfire crossing a I've the pad, and a lingering speed buff for the ally that uses the pad.

Also satisfy my inner troll to throw unsuspecting teammates with a hidden doormat 🤭

9 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Overdriver is decent. Flechette is not actually made redundant by gunplay because they can be used in conjunction. Tether isn't redundant next to vortex because tether has, what, triple the range?

Bastille and Vortex rendered one another redundant. You used one or the other, not both.