Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich "swipe left" idea to avoid repetition

SkuLLtheDread

Getting a Lich with yet another [WEAPON YOU ALREADY OWN] can be demotivating, because you still have to go through the lengthy process of acquiring Requiem relics, getting the Requiems, getting the Murmurs, trying (and failing) the combinations and finally Vanquishing the Lich only to then claim and delete the weapon and try again... it's a long grind when you already know it's not the reward you want at the very beginning!

My idea - allow us to "swipe left" on a Lich that we haven't encountered (i.e. level 1).

1. In the Lich menu or the Parazon upgrade screen, before a mission, choose to "charge" your Parazon with deadly force
  2. Pay the charging price (for example: 10'000 Kuva + 100'000 Credits)
  3. Go to a territory occupied by your Lich, draw it out as usual
  4. Fight it, without Requiems, through all 3 health bars, triggering a finisher with the Parazon
  5. The Lich is Vanquished, but you do not get to keep its weapon

Limitations and downsides, to prevent abuse or ruining the grind:

• Can only be performed once per day.
  • Can only be performed on a level 1 Lich.
  • High cost.
  • Lose any mods or resources the Lich has already stolen from you.

Just an idea to help skip the repetition while not necessarily trivializing the whole grind.

Overall I think Old Blood is great, the Liches are really fun 🙂

Kinda goes against the ideas behind the lich... Once they add the weapon merging, it would probably better if they also added an alternative option where you can break down three kuva weapons you don't want to create a "Kuva modification kit" that allows you to modify the normal variant of a weapon into a kuva variant.

1 hour ago, XaoGarrent said:

Kinda goes against the ideas behind the lich... Once they add the weapon merging, it would probably better if they also added an alternative option where you can break down three kuva weapons you don't want to create a "Kuva modification kit" that allows you to modify the normal variant of a weapon into a kuva variant.

I don't feel that - to me, it seems like a plausible option to hit the Lich hard before it grows (literally level 1, one step after being the larvling), not going particularly hard against the current lore. Together with the limitations (24h cooldown, cost, loss of stolen resources, loss of Kuva weapon) I really don't think it would break the current Lich game loop either - it's hardly a shortcut and it can't be abused, it just offers a fairly priced re-roll should you want one before you embark on the lengthy grind of vanquishing a Lich (easily a week's worth of game time for a casual gamer).

Edited by SkuLLtheDread