Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[REWORK CONCEPT] Trinity "mini-rework" from a semi-Trinity Main

porrinaru

(I made this post on Reddit and just wanted to share it here too for discussion)

First of all, regardless of my "mini-rework" suggestion, can we speed up link/bless' cast time and increase duration by 2-3 secs please? It would make hear smoother in my opinion.

ANYWAY, here goes:

1 - WELL OF LIFE
  • REPLACE THIS ABILITY
  • QUICK SUGGESTION: Purify - sends a wave of purifying light forward. Allies it passes through are cleansed from status effects while enemies are purged (heat + magnetic proc for temporary armor and shield reduction) and knocked back slightly (slight CC). Deals weak damage, mainly a support ability."
  • AUGMENT: Corona Burst - marks affected enemies. marked enemies has a 20/30/40/50% (not affted by str) chance to explode, purging (see above) all enemies within 2/3/4/5m
2 - ENERGY VAMPIRE
  • Seems fine and works reliably enough. Augment is decent too. No changes.
3 - LINK
  • TYPE: Toggle ability. Drain cost NOT affected by duration. Can only receive energy from orbs, mods, and EV.
  • COST: 25 per cast.
  • DRAIN: 19 per second. Old Link costs 75 and lasts 12 sec so 75/12 = 6.25 energy per second. New link costs more per sec but has the benefit of less repeated casting.
  • ABILITY: When toggled, Trinity gains 30/40/50/60% damage reduction (caps at 95%) and links to allies within X range (maybe affinity) of her, granting them 80% of the DR value (caps at 95*0.8 = 76%)
  • AUGMENT: Abating Link - Trinity also links to 2/3/4/5 enemies within 12/14/17/20m, reducing their armor by 25/30/35/45% and redirecting 100% of the damage and status effects Trinity receives to them.Same functionality as current, slight target # buff.
4 - BLESS
  • COST: 100 energy, no change
  • ABILITY: Trinity restores 40/50/75/80% of allies shields and health within affinity range (same values as current). Additionally grants 100% status immunity to Trinity and 50% status resist to allies in range for 6/8/10/12 seconds.

TL;DR
  1. Replaced 1, suggested an ability
  2. EV kept the same.
  3. Link - slight switch with Bless, links to allies giving dmg reduction, but abating link still has the same function
  4. Bless - slight switch with Link and, now heals + status resist to allies

ADVANTAGES OF PROPOSAL
  1. Builds are the same and basically unaffected! PLUS EV builds can now also have long DR (but has costly drain)!
  2. Easier maintenance of Link and Damage Reduction (Rejoice Chroma mains! DR can be toggled off easily for Vex armor stacking when you need it!)
  3. Very slight increase of DR to self and allies! Bonus stat resist for allies!

Any thoughts and suggestions? Criticize as much as you want as long as you keep the discussion civil.

EDITS (Chronological Order)
  • Added back redirect damage to Abating Link.
  • Increased Link cost and changed related energy mechanics
  • Formatting
Edited by porrinyx
  • Like 3

I really think Trinity deserved a Skill that deploys a stationary healing station/totem, something allies will slowly be healed and gain benefits wile staying within its AoE, kinda like Garuda`s Blood Altar works but not limited to an enemy health`s for duration and also being able to synergies with her other skills.

41 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I really think Trinity deserved a Skill that deploys a stationary healing station/totem, something allies will slowly be healed and gain benefits wile staying within its AoE, kinda like Garuda`s Blood Altar works but not limited to an enemy health`s for duration and also being able to synergies with her other skills.

Yeah I also would like a "shrine" of sorts that would give buffs to allied players. Healing would be meh since Blessing fully heals but buffing allies or debuffing enemies near the shrine would be cool. Maybe even pulse slight CC every few seconds to give a moment of relief from crowded rooms as a bonus.

On 2019-11-06 at 12:15 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

I really think Trinity deserved a Skill that deploys a stationary healing station/totem.

On 2019-11-06 at 12:59 PM, porrinyx said:

Yeah I also would like a "shrine" of sorts that would give buffs to allied players.

One of the key traits that makes Trinity a great support is her mobility - she can quickly move and drop her abilities where they are needed.

The key reason that Well of Life doesn't get used (other than the fact it is completely overshadowed by Blessing) is that it is stationary in a game where the theme is speed and mobility. As we've seen with some of the more recent reworks on frames that had stationary abilities, there has been a lot of progress making them more mobile. 

I believe that the idea of a healing station/totem would be misguided and impractical - the idea of a "purify" skill is both more relevant to the game and maintains the mobile trait that Trinity is known for.

@porrinyx, the suggestions that you have gathered are ones that have been voiced before, and I completely agree with; I have been advocating for a lot of these changes to be implemented. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TehGrief said:

One of the key traits that makes Trinity a great support is her mobility - she can quickly move and drop her abilities where they are needed.

The key reason that Well of Life doesn't get used (other than the fact it is completely overshadowed by Blessing) is that it is stationary in a game where the theme is speed and mobility. As we've seen with some of the more recent reworks on frames that had stationary abilities, there has been a lot of progress making them more mobile. 

I believe that the idea of a healing station/totem would be misguided and impractical - the idea of a "purify" skill is both more relevant to the game and maintains the mobile trait that Trinity is known for.

@porrinyx, the suggestions that you have gathered are ones that have been voiced before, and I completely agree with; I have been advocating for a lot of these changes to be implemented. 

Thanks for reading! Glad you liked my suggestions. And yeah, I do prefer the "purify" suggestion than a shrine since I use her most of the time even in exterminates where you have to move quickly across the map and having a shrine would indeed slow that down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TehGrief said:

The key reason that Well of Life doesn't get used is that it is stationary in a game where the theme is speed and mobility.

Actually the reason why no one uses Well of Life isnt just because of Blessing being much superior, its the fact it suspends enemies in the air, makes them almost invulnerable and completely heals them when cast, in some hard missions that can be troublesome for the team in case you cast it on a hard to kill enemy like a Bombard, Napalm or Nox.

2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Actually the reason why no one uses Well of Life isnt just because of Blessing being much superior, its the fact it suspends enemies in the air, makes them almost invulnerable and completely heals them when cast, in some hard missions that can be troublesome for the team in case you cast it on a hard to kill enemy like a Bombard, Napalm or Nox.

While I am not entirely sure where you are going with that point in relation to what I said, anyone who plays Trinity knows to simply avoid using the ability entirely. 

There are a few uses that I've found for its mechanics, such as maintaining Saryn's Spores in modes like Sanctuary Onslaught; besides that incredibly niche use, there is no point in casting it.

• Like 2

Turning Link into a drain-based toggle gets my vote 100%. Trinity is uniquely positioned as one of the only warframes out there capable of bypassing the problems with drain abilities, thanks to her EV, and I see no reason why the effect should be duration-based when it would likely be much more interesting to have it constantly drain Energy and thus push Trinity to refuel it. I also very much support shifting the double DR away from Blessing and fully onto another ability, though I also think Blessing doesn't really need a duration-based effect at all, as the ability's already strong enough as a full heal, and I don't think should be used just to keep some team-wide buff up all the time. For EV, my one wish would be to get rid of the Energy cost, as it is made redundant by the ability's effects, and only comes into play when there are too many Energy drain auras to get rid of. Purify looks like a good ability; I'd definitely take it over WoL.

15 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

If WoL didn't do that, though, the target would die near-instantly and not give that much healing in the process, or would just give one quick burst. In either case, that's much more effort for a much more meager payoff compared to Blessing. Any sort of healing ability on Trinity that is not Blessing is going to get compared to Blessing, and Blessing will almost invariably win, due to being an instant, 100% team-wide heal.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-14 at 6:59 AM, Teridax68 said:

For EV, my one wish would be to get rid of the Energy cost, as it is made redundant by the ability's effects.

Agreed, I've seen this brought up a few times in other threads about Trinity. I support this suggestion.

• Like 1

The problem is that anything that could go to Trinity's 1 has already been cannibalized. Status effects are covered by Oberon. Stationary health is covered by Wisp, Nidus; Garuda. Enemy HP for allied HP is covered by Hildryn and Equinox. Even a healing companion is covered by Venari. At least in landscape, you're able to use Amesha to cover some of these areas. 

I don't expect people to accept any kind of buff. I thought about different combinations of auto/re-casting, range buff, companion; whatever. But I could not think of anything I thought would be accepted. 

I expect that most people would agree that Well of Life is useless. And, perhaps, that Link should be recastable. 

Otherwise, someone will come along and point out that Trinity tropes like give-me-more-everything or infinite range aren't requested in earnest for any other warframe. With respect to other warframes, it is accepted that there are trade-offs in duration, range, power; time management. 

In principle, I don't agree that stationary buffs are obsolete. Wisp just came out. And Frost and Gara are useful in defense. 

Maybe Well of Life could be replaced with teleporting to the warframe with the lowest health. You could use this to bring Blessing and EV into range and to reach downed allies. 

Edited by Guest