Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Comprehensive Feedback on Kuva Lich system with suggestions

-QueenUnicorn-

As some forward before this is after about 5-6 Kuva Lich hunts, My opinion may change as DE updates and alters the system.

As of Current the Kuva Lich system needs quality of life updates and fixes to some of its core grind aspects in order to relieve player frustrations. Some of these problem areas include, Requiem Relic Grind, Requiem Mod acquisition, initial weapon duplicates, and Defiled mods. These aspects are for the most part non-enjoyable to the player making it harder to fully engage in the system, initiale farm to hunt, During the hunt, and after the hunt. I think these are the key grind areas that need to be streamlined in order to prevent frustration from building. The following will go over each area in depth with personal experience as a mastery rank 27, 3,000 hour player, take this bias into consideration.

The initial farm to the hunt entails a farm on two levels of RNG, that for the 4 requiem relics, and then the farm for the 8 mods from those relics. Personally I farmed out the relics and mods before finding and killing the Kuva Larva, I did this and found that it made the experience less frustrating compared to some other players who have lost relics or mods due to the Kuva Lich controlling those areas. This initial farm was from my point of view frustrating and boring. I spent the time farming out 5 of each relic and farmed the mods until I got all of the mods in Public Groups (could have had a better chance with Recruit Chat). I forced myself through this before the change to when thralls would drop requiem relics. In the end I would say grab duplicates of requiem mods and use trade chat, It’s faster and less frustrating. Something needs to give in this initial farm, Either we get a large amount of relics, or the drop chances of the mods needs to be switched to the bronze level. Either of these would relieve some aspect of the monotony of doing a T5 missions on repeat. The thralls giving relics is a good step forward but not enough to relieve all of the frustrations.

During the hunt is what I would describe as farming for weapons and ephemera. While we can currently control the element type, but not the percentage or weapon. While I think control over the element is great, I need for control over the weapon is also needed for longevity of the system. As of current each Kuva Lich that I have gotten does not have a repeat weapon, but others have been getting up to 3-5 repeat weapons. This is frustrating when initially trying to farm for the weapons overall. I would propose a solution when initially farming the Kuva Weapons: When receiving a weapon from a kuva lich it removes it from the pool initially until all other weapons are acquired. Once this is done it returns to random weapon selection unless you kill the Kuva Larva with lets say a Kuva Brakk, that larva would spawn with a Kuva brakk with a random Elemental percentage. Once the feature of combining Kuva weapons is implemented this would provide a direct way of controlling the chance of getting a better weapon. This could be problematic because it hands too much control over to the player, making god tier weapons “easily” obtainable. Another option is one with less player control but a simplification of the weapon grind by having the Kuva larva spawn with the weapon they will have once they turn into an actual Kuva Lich. With the eventual implementation of the opt-in system for Kuva Liches this still be a level of grind but will remove the random aspect of it making it easier to get the desired weapon and avoiding a three hour grind to get rid of an unwanted weapon.One of the two systems should be implemented to reduce frustrations felt by the general community.  As a smaller issue of during the hunt is the NEED to be able to remove a Kuva Lich from a mission without killing oneself. I personally will not kill my lich because im still working on the requiem Mummers and I don't want to level up the Kuva Lich and expand it. There needs to be better control over the system to prevent needless deaths and Kuva Lich from ranking up. I’ll expand on options in the next section on possible solutions. The last aspect I wish to cover in this section is the NEED for a reason to level up our Kuva Lichs, Once I killed my Second Kuva Lich I found a pretty easy way to almost guarantee killing the Lich before it hits ranks 5. There needs to be an incentive to kill the lich at higher levels, as it is now it is just punishing unless I am missing something.

After the hunt is what I would categorize as Defiled mods. As it stands, defiled mods have no use and generally make me feel like crap. I would like to see a system in place to use up defiled mods without feeling like it's a dead end. I suggest a couple of possible solutions: One is to use defiled mods as a way to banish a Kuva Lich from a mission. Once the Kuva Lich is banished the defiled mod will shatter and disappear from you inventory, you just need it to be equipped in the first slot of your parazon. An addition to it would be This in turn however, enrages the Lich causing it to go and claim two more nodes. Another way is to use a similar system as previously stated it shatters and propels your murmur counter or reveals which mod you need. My personal Choice would be to be able to combine three Defiled mods to receive one pure Requiem Mod, this will decrease the grind as time goes by.

Generally speaking these suggestions I feel will help to make the entire hunt more enjoyable for most players. I would love to hear more feedback and other suggestions, my suggestions are not at all flawless and my be negative in a way I have not noticed yet. Thank You and have a Nice day.

Edited by -QueenUnicorn-