[DE]Megan

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.5

Thanks for the hotfix!

Just to note something potentially important, I'm seeing Tennogen appearing as 0.00 price. I'm guessing that it's maybe just an in-game UI bug, but I'm not messing with it further than the in-game confirmation window to find out.

55 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

And just like that I'm going to seriously consider playing any more content from this update.

This genuinely made collecting murmurs tolerable. I'm not going to give the whole spiel vouching for those who have too little time to poopsock a game, but for content that is seperated from the rest of the game, drastically extending the time you need to dedicate to it for a return all in the name of preventing people from progressing "too quickly" is utterly foolish.

• Like 1

Noxes can appear as Thralls, but there is no "Mercy" prompt on them - they can't be "Mercied"

33 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Forma is required for Pexilus and Kuva weapon Mastery. It would make way more sense to put Forma there than something that makes no sense other than to be filler. Filler rewards should atleast compliment the system they are diluting drops for....

Amber stars have no place in the Lich system plain and simple.

How about they just make the limited use mods common huh, y’know the only reason we would ever open these relics. Just sayin.

@[DE]Megan and anyone else at Digital Extremes who may see this:

LIke so umm let me phrase it for you this way: do you see how pretty much every post is dedicated to tearing apart your terrible decision to take away rewards for others liches? I hope you do actually read through all of these posts, I mean when this many people are talking about one change, maybe you did a bad, goofed up a bit. I mean if none of you care that is fine, honestly I don't expect this change to be rolled back even WITH all the backlash. I'll be waiting to see if you can admit you made a mistake forcing people to play solo or literally being punished when someone else's lich spawns, and they do not take care of it causing your lich to be unable to spawn. I have no expectations for you as of now, but I am curious to see whether or not you actually want to retain your current playerbase or add to it. I mean with this much dissent towards this decision of yours, the answer is obvious. But will you be able to stomach reverting this change and admit that you are not at all even somewhat close to perfect.... I really doubt that you can manage that. I just can't bring myself to believe in you guys anymore. But hey maybe you can prove me wrong, doubt it but still, there is a slim chance i guess.

Edited by Hellfire009
more to say
  • Like 2

I don't know why DE has this pattern of like granting something the players want with good reason but then like taking away at the same time?

Like making murmurs go 60%/60%/140% of pre-hotfix? Why?

• Like 1

Paris Prime is broken for me now. Cant hit a foe trought a door, though it is open. Metal Auger is not working 95% of the Paris shooting.

Edited by Nicoelmuta

hace 1 hora, [DE]Megan dijo:

Further tweaks for Titania’s Empress Razorwing Skin to address cloth issues.

Thx ❤️

Please refer to the below comment for the issue that I have posted on the last one. Still having this issue. I'm going to try to kill mine solo again, but it's really hard considering I don't have weapons or mods that would work against my specific Lich, so I have to bring in a friend or two from my clan to help and the bug is that when my allies go down to my Lich grabbing them thinking it's me, it messes it up and my Lich disappears thinking they have taken me down. 

Previous Hotfix Feedback Referring to Lich Bug with Allies

Please revert the team's murmur progress from downed liches in the team. I'd rather play this MMO game with other people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SliverAeon said:

It's still beneficial to do missions together since there are more thralls spawning.

I do agree that maybe everyone getting a boost from a successful kill would be ideal. So people would be encouraged to help others (if they truly need that incentive), yet stop harassing weak players to upgrade their lich too early (because fails no longer help others).

1. Thanks I didn't consider solo missions and it would make sense that less thralls would spawn there.

2. Not sure about the 'only getting a reward from a successful attempt' thing, some people still might not bother given it's mostly not successful although that would cause everyone to be genuinely happy about the kill so.. yeah, I think you're right 🙂

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Any chance we could see Forma Blueprints or some other drop in Requiem relics to replace the Ayatan Amber Stars?

Oh please don't, it would make me so unhappy, I realise I'm just being selfish here, but I'm so awash with Forma blueprints.

Taking away shared murmur when assisting someone with killing their thrall actually incentivizes NOT helping other players with their lich since the converted thralls will give progress while their lich won’t. I won’t take a single swing at someone else’s lich as long as I stand to gain more by letting it remain than I do in helping them fight it.

edit:fixing doublepost triplepost

Edited by Udoshi
edit:fixing ​​​​​​​ triplepost

57 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed the Murmur progress UI to display multiple rings to indicate which Hint you are currently working towards:

• Progress ring for Hint 1, progress and middle ring for Hint 2, progress and both inner rings for Hint 3
  • 43820439e57be01256c9146c1e3f7c2d.png 

The UI for Murmur unlock is so head-scratching - is this really any better? I spent 30 minutes arguing with a friend because he had blue symbols and I had white, when it turns out that the random coloring comes from your UI theme. There's zero explanation of any of the elements, it reminds me of when the UI overhaul started and it was deemed "better" to remove all the labels from all your inventory - thank goodness for the toggle to turn those back on.

This new UI is all very pretty, but can we please put some time into functional UI that has meaning? It's enough of a puzzle to maybe get relics that maybe unlock to get a mod that you _might_ need to vanquish a Lich or you might not, but who knows if it's in the right place? Am I supposed to think the diagonal line through a symbol is good or bad when it appears in the list of attempts to kill the Lich? There's a diagonal line here too - surely as I'm unlocking the mods and I see this symbol, it means I am supposed to see the diagonal line to appear as "I have successfully matched a mod for my Lich"... Apparently not, and the only way I know this is from Reddit so I'm taking that with a pinch of salt.

Mission-critical UI shouldn't tie in so directly to your UI theme, and UI in general should be more clear. 

edit:fixing doublepost

Edited by Udoshi
edit:fixing doublepost
  • Like 2

Цитата

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead

ahahaha. Again, “no fun allowed” , 2 days in a row. Wp DE. Now no reasons to play in party, cause this just slows farm. Nice fixes, I almost felt like its a multiplayer game 😄 But now everything its fine, back to solo mod. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress

This is awful! Put it back! put it back!

really though, make it a co-op thing, because, well... thats what this game's supposed to be, right?

• Like 1

Ehm I just did a Requiem Fissure, and guess what? I couldn't even fkin choose the reward I wanted, the game effin chose one for me. -.-

Please, please, please reroll the change to everybody in the squad getting murmur from Liches. It was a good mechanic that encouraged people to help with others Liches and i really thought it was intentional.

• Like 2

I'm agreeing with everyone else in this thread -- why the murmur nerf? This is only going to discourage cooperative and massively hurt players trying to get rid of their lich because they just don't want it anymore. I have lower MR clanmates who got one, some by choice other by accident (before you fixed it as an opt in) and have failed so often they can no longer play on certain nodes without having all the resources they need stolen. It's made some of my clan mates rage quit. For a game that revolves around grinding you know it's no longer fun when people start rage quitting. And without the incentive for randoms to help when other clan mates aren't around it makes this worse.

Also going to add this: It takes you guys 10min to hotfix a hotfix to take away a benefit to players they were actually enjoying and made thralls worth killing. 10min. It takes you days to fix issues that harm players experience. That hurts. That hurts a lot. It also doesn't help that I'm seeing them be made worse and not better. Not happy with this 'fix'. Revert it or add an incentive for others to help others kill lich's.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

No bad DE don't do that.

Now on a more serious note, getting murmur from a lich that's not yours, was a good incentive to help your squad mates to kill it. Pls DE add this as a feature.

Oh and if u have time pls fix wise razor

Edited by tobiparty
  • Like 1