[DE]Megan

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.5

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

Bad change.  Anti-teamwork.  Fine don't give people full amount for other liches but at least something, even if just what you would get for a normal thrall kill, ideally more like half of what the person would get with their lich. when this was a "bug" it let you help your teammates out if your lich spawned.

View it as either liches talk and swap stories, or are rivals and know dirt on each other.

Cassini capture node on saturn is bugged

the capture target doesnt run. Stand still until u take him down

and no enemies spawn until u are close to the extraction point

Edited by -Fidel-

On 2019-11-06 at 10:50 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

Even if unintentionally, this introduced the greatest possible incentive for the players to help each other with their Liches. 

Every mission I've played, everyone always helped each other with their Liches. Every time.

Reintroduce it, grant the helping players less progress than the owner of the Lich. No progress for successful requiem makes sense.

Without this, as before- more often than not, while 1 player will be fighting his Lich, all others will be extracting, to start another mission and get more murmurs. 

Not a very friendly environment

Edited by tennomantra
typo

Can we have a fix for Kuva Larving not spawn? After 3rd lich i ran like ~35 grineer 20+ lvl mission for nothing

Edited by DrNicko

I haven't fought my lich and I don't intend to try because the grind for requiem mods which have limited uses is just insane. So at this point Im just avoiding it and every time the lich takes my rewards then I quit playing Warframe for the rest of the day. I really hope they change the system because as is it really kills my desire to play and when I don't play then I don't have any reason to buy more plat for fashionframe.

• Like 1

Larvling Lich creation is now a true opt-in mechanic. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’ve changed the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre-death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation.

While I completely understand the desire to make this an opt-in system, it's somewhat silly to design the entire system around the Tenno choosing to create a Lich...as there's no conceivable reason for them to do such. Gameplay always comes before story, I understand that, but when you can establish a way to make the gameplay work with the story, it's always optimal. So, I'd hope that you guys maul over this a bit longer and come up with something that still provides that opt-in, but doesn't make us out to be idiots, brash, arrogant, etct if we opt-in, from a lore-perspective.

...because why else would be actively seek to participate in this from a lore-perspective?

Again, not saying I don't believe there should be an opt-in system...just hope that something that feels a bit better. Definitely not needed in this early iteration, but when the system is expanded upon, I'd hope to see something that feels like it's more realistic to the game's universe, instead of us just being silly and going, "Oh, neat...I'm going to create this powerful warlord that's going to brutally oppress innocent people so I can get a cool little weapon that I've got three copies of already!"

The mechanic should be opt-in, with the illusion of their creation being a grave mistake, on our part, or something we were forced into...from a lore perspective.

Could this be restored at half efficiency?  It was nice to know that my brother was getting something out of the time spent dealing with my own lich. I mean, we're happy to help with eachother's liches anyway, but particularly in public it is good for there to be some benefit to other players when something interrupts things. It's not like if the stalker spawns on me, my allies don't get loot from him - why should my lich be completely useless to them, just an interruption while waiting for me to deal with my lich?

Edited by Andvarja

Fixed ability to equip Taxed Mods that were displayed as new to your Inventory on your Parazon. After this Hotfix you’ll see them vanish as they’ve been properly Taxed by your Lich from which you must get them back!

So wait, they can not only take rewards,
but also the mods equiped on your weapons?

Yeah no, i'm not touching liches.

4 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

So wait, they can not only take rewards,
but also the mods equiped on your weapons?

Yeah no, i'm not touching liches.

Thats not the case, they mean the Requiem Mods, which can be used only 3 times each before they disappear.

Thanks for the Hotfixes!

When binding secondary fire and heavy attack to different buttons, pressing those buttons wont swich to ranged/melee weapons, you have to aim/normal melee first. is this intended?

Honestly you guys nerfing the murmur gains makes me not wanting to play now. It was actually cool that players benefit from each other but now players hinder each other's progress again. And you guys talked about getting rid of the whole "mission in, mission out" thing in Warframe but then you only give us 5 minute max missions to progress. Thats lame.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress

Please, its just getting more bothering to kill thralls to gain murmur.

Also make lich guaranteed spawn in the planet which it control, such as grant the option for lich killing in the assassination node

And what about the weapon dropping? It is just frustrating to see all these duplicated weapons and wasted hours to create another lich

The "optimized flip-model" setting seems to be a bit wonky.

i2xeoE3.jpg

Only the upper left quadrant updates normally. You can get the rest of the window to update as you drag the entire window around, but it stops updating when you place the window. This makes disabling that setting a bit tricky, since you can't see your cursor when trying to click the toggle to disable that new setting, and switching to full screen resulted in a pure black screen. Alt-F4ing let the game start in full screen normally, after which I could turn off the new setting.

This is on a Parallels VM running on a mid-2015 Macbook Pro with a Radeon R9 M370X GPU, using the Windowed and Scaled settings with a resolution of 1200x800. The screen is a HiDPI screen, with a native resolution of 2800x1800 and a scaled resolution of 1400x900 (2x/4x scaling, depending on how you define it). I'm on Windows 10, but it's an Insider Preview (Slow Ring, I think).

Edited by aw1621107
Add additional details about settings and screen

I thought the murmur farm after the last patch was a little too fast for DE tastes. It was too good to be true.

Ivaras Navigator is not longer functional it seems, I tried to do disruption arbiration and the navigated projectile no longer made contact with enemies.

I strongly recommend you put back the ability for liches to grant murmur gain for the team.  this encourages players to help, rather than say "f that guy, I'm extracting".  if you want coop pugs to be a thing, having any reward at all makes it less competitive and more cooperative.

So, you're not going to nerf the Grendel missions (Missions to get Grendel Parts)? This "No Mod" crap is ridiculous. It isn't even truly "No Mods", you removed our use of Gear items and Void Kid.

Here is the list of problems with the Grendel missions

-No Operator 

-No Gear Items

-No Arch Guns

-Lvl 30-40 Enemies 

-No Vacuum

-Not able to play with randoms <---THE BIGGEST PROBLEM! I don't have friends who invest in this game and I'm too socially awkward to ask clan members or recruiting chat. I bet 10 mil plat that I'm not the only one with this issue. No, I don't have 10 mil plat, but I might make some of you take me up on this bet.

-Europa tile set (Not some thing that should be changed. I just dislike this tile set)

I'm not paying plat for Grendel and I'm not accepting gifts. 

• Like 1

Fix the weapon duplicate chance with the Kuva Liches. RNG in this is bullS#&amp;&#036;, when im getting 3 of the same weapons in a row of these liches then theres something messed up. Make it so we can get rid of a lich if we already have the weapon and find a new one. i dont even care if theres a cool down on when you can farm the next one. the fact im wasting my charges on duplicate weapons is bullS#&amp;&#036;. #*!% it, im done with this game til its resolved or changed. Thanks DE

i think you mean "intentionally broke ALL players receiving kuca lich requiem murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their kuva lich", not "fixed all players receiving them"

why does this count as fixing something? this should be called an intended bug, because there was nothing wrong with everyone receiving murmur progress for this, it wasnt something in need of fixing, now theres no incentive for helping someone bring their liches health bar down and it removes a reason for doing these in co-op, which is something that you shouldnt do in a co-op based game, at least make it so the person who the lich "belongs to" gets the full murmur progress and the other players in the squad get 5x the murmur progress instead of 10x

Let's count my duplicates :

On 15 liches :

4 kuva tonkor

3 kuva brakk

2 kuva dragkoon

9 weapon out of 15 !!!

Edited by papry

There goes my willpower to grinding liches.....

To quote all the Tenno before me,"Thanks DE!"