Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.5

[DE]Megan

Can Liches have some kind of more noticeable telegraph for their grab move? It kind of just seems to happen. Whatever animation they have for it, it isn't enough, because they're impossible to see when any kind of combat is going on, and the move almost always results in a kill. Give it a sound effect or something.

Also, removing Murmur progress for your team on failed Lich attempts is a bad move.

When will you un-nerf tempo royale animations and remove all the damn animation locks across the stances?
Static combo should let you strafe and backpedal at 0.1~1.5 slower movement speed at least (if not even just with no slowdown whatsoever).
Forward combo should have you in control of movement (never animation lock).
Forward Block combo should at least be at speed by distance ratio of Bullet Jump+elemental mod on its dashes with proper hitboxes.
Only static Block combos are/should be allowed to root and animation lock you.

1 minute ago, Andele3025 said:

When will you un-nerf tempo royale animations

What was nerfed about them? I've been having an absolute blast with Tempo Royale, chaining combos everywhere.

Only issue I've had with it is that the stationary block slam is a bit awkward and too easy to trigger multiple times.

38 minutes ago, Dyneomite said:

Posting this in the new thread in hopes the DEVs will see it:

50 minutes ago, Dyneomite said:

Touching on the subject of getting the same Kuva weapons, I think the current idea with merging them is half right. The problem is that once I have a weapon at, say 35%, any time i get the same weapon below that is just a waste of my time. We should be able to merge 2 of the same weapon, with the same element for an overall stronger weapon. This would keep the grind that you folks at DE love, and give the players a reason to still want these lower % weapons, as they wouldn't be completely worthless. As an example we could take a 25% weapon, and its merge value would be 2.5%. This would need to be balanced to use whichever of the two weapons has the higher % as the base and keep any forma and whatnot on the existing weapon, but this is the version I would like to see implemented.

I would also like to be able to use Kuva in place of void traces to rank up Requiem relics. I don't have enough void traces to rank up my regular relics, let alone these new ones. I also think being able to recharge our requiem mods with Kuva would be a nice alternative to farming new ones.

The whole theme of this update is supposed to be about Kuva and how it is used and affects things, but we as the player can only use it on rivens, save for the handful of crafting items its needed in.

This needs to happen. THis would both give a use for all this kuva (cause really all its' used for is a couple builds and rivens) and lets us grind out a bunch of weapons to make gradual increases in power. And considering the raw RNG of Liches it just seems fair

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

This absolutely did NOT need a fix. I suppose you are alright with it if I just head straight to extraction then and if someone cannot finish their lich before the timer ticks to zero, it sucks to be them, right? Because that is exactly what you are encouraging. Why would I help, when I get nothing out of and just wasting my time?

Or, really, why would I go to a public run when soloing is now way more efficient. No bothering with the liches of others. Lovely way to discourage coop play in a coop game.

Look, I get it, you want to stretch out what is essentially a single bossfight to make it into moths of content. But liches as is are not fun. Sure, everybody and their mother is grinding them NOW, but how long do you think before people just say "sod this, I'm out!" I'm honestly at the brink of doing that, even though I have 3k hours in the game and have been zealously grinding out all the new gear whenever they dropped. I even grinded Khora and the ESO vandals out and didn't raise a stink. But this? This is too much. Today I got a one new weapon and maxed it out. After that I left the game. And you know what I felt? Relief. Relief that I'm done for today. It feels like work, a chore. My enthusiasm towards opening up Warframe is in freefall since the update. It doesn't help that somehow every damn update makes this process worse and worse. 

I really dont understand why you guys would make it so u can get duplicate weapons. Its really frustrating and annoying.

Im sure people dont think its that fun to do this kuva lich stuff forever just to get the weapon they want.

It should be something more like this.

If you have aquired the weapon, u can no longer get it. BUT if you would've want to aquire the same weapon for a chance for a better weapon bonus.Then yeah feel free to sell to weapon to then be able to aquire it from a lich once agian....

I really doubt anyone enjoys sitting on bunch of unwanted duplicates, simply waste of time...

I don't know what you guys did, but you bugged the Kuakas. It is impossible to hit them with the tranquilizer and they do not realize the presence of the player or take too long to realize.. Yesterday when I hunted it was normal and now that I went hunting after the update this bug appeared. It's the same bug as Sawgaw in Orb-Vallis.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

What was nerfed about them? I've been having an absolute blast with Tempo Royale, chaining combos everywhere.

Only issue I've had with it is that the stationary block slam is a bit awkward and too easy to trigger multiple times.

Attacks that had slowdowns now hard root, the pause combo slide animation was slowed down and had its hitbox reduced/derped up (no longer damages enemies your body touches +range of the weapon during startup/while that technically is improving the hitbox to rep the attack, its still putting the worst attack animation of old TR when the vertical slams were already perfect), due to new keybinds making block cancelling actually a DPS loss no matter what unless you do perfect macros (at which point why not just spam heavy attacks or slide attacks) resulting in the signature doublespin (start of forward combo and only attack you can now strafe during) unusable on its own, static combo moves you forward FASTER than the forward combo (and at if you get a attack speed buff ontop of PF and Zerk, it competes with the gap closer combo while being able to steer it better). Also only the stationary block combo (bold reprise) was saved from the chopping block in terms of animations being stitched together from prior TR, which opon your mesh snapping root you for a moment.

I mean, all of that can be ignored and with sufficient attack speed you barely feel it (or maybe not at all, depending on how much one played around with TR before probably), but its a nerf of a stance from as close as it gets to 10/10 to 6~7/10 for no reason because the stance was already perfectly ready for port over if they made the slide free move and reduced existing slowdowns for free move instead of bumping them to hard animation locks.

Optimizations:
We have added an option to enable a faster method for Warframe to send frames to Windows which should improve framerate for Borderless Fullscreen and Windowed display modes.

Could you please clearly state what option "this option" is so that those who don't remember the option screen by heart can know which one is new? The way this is written makes it almost sound like a japanese girl talking about a crush, or when the anime wants to keep a character's name hidden and everyone calls them "that guy", "that woman"... "this option"...

With continuous feedback and changes applying to Melee 3.0 seemingly about GENERAL aspects of it, could some attention be given to the DETAILS of Melee 3.0, namely the combo designs? Bug fixes are nice, but the system itself can still receive changes and "fixes" in regards to useability.

On my end, I gave my extensive thoughts, feedback and suggestions on Tatsu and Wise Razor. For the designers who make the combo strings, please check it out if you can. Thank you.

Still no fix for Atlas Rubble not consistently spawning from petrified enemies. Also, I hope we see changes to the Requiem mods having charges. Them not being permanent or at least us having the ability to recharge them with Kuva or Endo makes me not want to kill my Lich. I don't like the idea of adding mods with a limited number of uses in the game. As previously stated it just adds an extra layer of unnecessary grind to an RNG heavy system as is.

I am getting really sick and tired of the RNG stacked ontop of RNG and more RNG. The Thralls dropping mods was way better. You have to farm thralls which don't take too long in a squad now but then you have to hunt down the req relics to hopefully get a Parazon mod that you need so that you can figure out the random generated mod order necessary to convert / kill your Lich. Not to mention the Lich you want may not have the weapon you want either. 

Not to mention I have killed two Liches and they still aren't dropping ephemeras when I should be getting some at least. 

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

Well that's a kick in the face considering the layers of bulls**t RNG involved in getting what you want from the Liches.

And this change will straight up make Solo play more efficient, cuz ain't nobody wanna wait for other people to get their useless(for you) Liches out of the way so yours can spawn.

1 of 2 things need to happen (both would be fine too):

1. A significant reduction in the grind involved, like how it was before this "bug fix".

2. Remove the RNG-portion of Kuva Weapon stats. Set them to a flat 40%. This makes them easier to balance and still have plenty of variation with all the different types available.

If nothing happens on this front you're gonna have a lot of angry players on your hands..

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the continued hotfixes.

Liches:

• Any chance we could see Forma Blueprints or some other drop in Requiem relics to replace the Ayatan Amber Stars? High end content giving a single Ayatan Star is bad and this is why it was removed from the Arbitrations rework before being shipped. Forma is my suggestion because it is required for Pexilus crafting and Kuva weapon Mastery.
  • Can players expect to see trading Lich contracts soon? At-least a way to cancel one would be nice (maybe 1 cancel per day scaling with Mastery Rank)?

Melee:

• Tonfas are a sliding class and have been overshadowed by melee categories not even designed to slide. Slide Attack damage should be increased to atleast 600 with Ohma being atleast 800. There is no reason Machete Wraith should be 2 slide damage behind Kronen Prime.
    • Reminder that Stormpath on Telos Boltace is still just as bad as when it was released, and the launch mechanic is counterproductive to the point of slide attacking. The ragdolled enemy should either take some sort of scaling damage when hitting geometry, or it should be removed.
  • Blood Rush currently is additive to Critical Chance/Slide Attack Critical Chance. This should be reviewed as it makes Critical Chance and Slide Critical Chance much less desireable to equip.
  • Condition Overload should be multiplicative with Base Damage mods.  Each proc damage should be reduced from 120% damage down to somewhere around 60-80%, but multiplicative to Base Damage. This change would make Condition Overload more interesting to slot while also still giving +Damage mods value in a build with more desirability. I don't think we need the old exponential formula back, but it would be nice if it wasn't just a better version of Pressure Point.

Any chance we can replace the Amber stars with Catalysts or Legendary Cores? Normal relic runs give Forma all the time and giving it on Requiem is bad. See what i did there?

Some people actually like having an easy way to get Amber Stars to compliment their Arbitration runs. You can already get Forma BPs from hundreds of other relics, why add it to Requiem as well? Or is it because you have tonnes of Amber Stars and no Forma?

Overall it's a good change, but

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

I have to disagree with that, getting a bonus murmur by helping other players deal with their liches is a big incentive to play with randoms or clanmates. With that gone, people would just go solo or ignore other teammates liches. At the very least, don't straight up remove it, reduce the bonus, maybe make other players receive half or a quarter of what the lich owner got. It doesn't make it less personal, hell it feels more like me and my teammates against my lich with his thralls, since he always bring his thralls fighting against me tbh.

DE, please reconsider this, playing lich controlled territory with randoms actually feels like I'm playing co op, since before this update, we know that we got bonus murmur from anyone that deals with their lich, so pretty much everyone is helping each other out dealing with their liches, whether incapacitating the liches or just giving each other buffs. Now that the bonus is gone? In my opinion, people would rather just go solo even though they know more thralls will spawn if we're in a party and even then, people would just ignore other people's lich, because why even bother? Except maybe some people that genuinely just want to help out. So please reconsider this decision, thank you.

Lastly, I would like to add that the lich itself is already felt exclusive to me, even though I know my liches have the same dialogue with other people liches, having a different name than other people liches helps a lot imo. And people helping me defeat my own lich doesn't make it feel less exclusive to me, since in the end, I'm the only one that can convert/kill him, I'm the one who needs to figure out what mod sequence to kill/convert him, and I'm the only who knows my lich personally, so yeah, bravo DE, good job on that end. And for people that help me defeat my lich, should be rewarded something, like, having their murmur bar filled more faster, you know? So yeah, I beg you to reconsider this decision DE.

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

I haven't even started Liches because I can't stand the system implemented, but watching my clan get together and do runs for murmurs made me think it wouldn't be that bad yesterday. Now this comes out and kills literally every single reason to have a team in a PvE co-op game.

I'm adding my voice because I refuse to stay quiet when things are so obviously out of touch.

39 minutes ago, Arsonistic said:

Well that's a kick in the face considering the layers of bulls**t RNG involved in getting what you want from the Liches.

And this change will straight up make Solo play more efficient, cuz ain't nobody wanna wait for other people to get their useless(for you) Liches out of the way so yours can spawn.

1 of 2 things need to happen (both would be fine too):

1. A significant reduction in the grind involved, like how it was before this "bug fix".

Reb said this might happen during pablos stream so yay for the lich crew.

Archived