Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.5

[DE]Megan

37 minutes ago, Delemy said:

Arcane Acceleration has no effect while firing the Kuva Kohm.

I think, not 100% sure but 90% sure, that Blood for Ammo also does not work on Kuva Kohm. Sometimes you get nothing at all and sometimes you get double the ammo there were present, like 2+2, and never full magazine. In general, Blood for Ammo is not very consistent even with other weapons.

and still for those who don't want Lich and got one DE only said "good luck with that", no reset, no timer 👍

also, in the influenced red area when you try enter the any mission, what the difference between lich controlled area with the regular area? you will met thrall in both area, you will got stolen items in both area

Sorry but this is so damn ridiculous. The fact that lich weapons are pure rng is horrible. On top of that, its a ridiculously long farm. This system where you can combine weapons is fine and all, but when you find the pinnacle for a weapon, yet end up with like 3 of the same weapons consecutively, it becomes so frustrating and infuriating. We can't do anything with the trash we get (and trust me we get a whole lot of trash). Out of 10 runs, the only variation I've gotten was karak and ayanga. They were mostly all painfully long farms. It's so infuriating that you continue this linear rng system, and advance it even more by piling on more rng. It's disappointing.

Possibility of disruptive gameplay: Grendel can eat Synthesis target (tastes funny).

Also, adding relics on Lich try will do close to nothing on people not killing their Liches. Armor scalling on higher ranks slows the battle to a crawl, even with optmized damage output, since they are immune to most (if not all) armor reducing mechanics.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing).

Hey good job DE, now there is even less of an incentive for other players to help when a lich spawns, and since there is no way to make that lich leave other than fight it, this will only promote toxicity and disparities among the party members. Revert this change please, this system is already a grindfest with no character, don't make it worse.

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

Good job DE, truly spectacular decision. I was actually tempted to rejoin the Lich hunt after stopping on my first one, but now I have you to thank for very successfully dissuading me from doing that. I'm not touching this.... not gonna say what to not be impolite.... now. Thank you for saving my time. 🙂

Also, I have to say, I'm impressed. For the past week you have nothing but people complaining about how bad and how annoying the grind is. A lot of people are also angry about the fact that the lich hunt promotes antisocial behaviors and causes a lot of conflict between team members. And what do you do? Make it worse. Both of those issues made worse with a single change.

Il y a 11 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

The game is based on cooperation. This will encourage SOLOING. Please, please, revert as it was before.

1 hour ago, Lone_Dude said:

Made an accidental quote thanks to amazing mobile UI.

Anyway, it's kind of amazing how people are bullied into conformity. Some of them are not even asking for 100% murmur nerf removal. They're fine with having a half or even a quarter of what they had before lmao. Grind was rather bad already, you managed to fix it, but OOPS can't have that kind of purchase demotivation, amirite?

Some dude here asked why we can't have a straight up numerical count or thralls killed. Well, we can't have that because that would mean that you would see the exact amount of insane mindless grind that devs want to put us through. Little circle filling up is already bad, but imagine seeing 5/150 every time you kill the last thrall on some capture mission that awards you with 3k credits lmao. All for that amazing Karak duplicate that has 1% more elemental damage than the best one out of 7 you already own.

What a meme that update is, but it sure is a great eye opener for a lot of people.

Exactly. Even old mmo's were brave enough to put in the exact number of mobs to kill in a given mission. Does the gauge vary from how you kill them? (Stealth vs non stealth)? It's a cool UI but players are already jaded by the previous 'drought' only to be greeted by a tsunami of grind that has a mediocre reward that won't be used by the majority and serves no greater purpose. 

You have chores irl both for workers and students then you have chores in your game, quotas to meet. Jesus have 'mercy' on our damned souls.  

I finally understand now why Kaecilius said to Dr. Strange that "Time is an insult.." He must've peeked into the future and saw the grind this update brings. 

Are Larvaling spawns broken for everyone or just me? I've just run 6 missions and got the yellow flickering in 4 of them but no Larvaling spawned. Ran them by myself, so I didn't miss a spawn, and there was no usual announcement thing. No, I don't have an active Lich, I killed my third last night and wanted to run another tonight but can't even start the darned thing off 😞

4 minutes ago, pook-pook said:

Are Larvaling spawns broken for everyone or just me? I've just run 6 missions and got the yellow flickering in 4 of them but no Larvaling spawned. Ran them by myself, so I didn't miss a spawn, and there was no usual announcement thing. No, I don't have an active Lich, I killed my third last night and wanted to run another tonight but can't even start the darned thing off 😞

I don't think I have seen a larvaling spawn in the past 2 days or so, and I played quite a bit.

A lot of complains I've seen with this hotfix has been about 

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead

Personally have no problem with it since i was already solo'ing my liches.

But there's one thing I hope to God you bring back:Requiem mod drops from Thralls.Requiem relics were cool for the first few that I cracked,then I never want to see them again.Thralls dropping Requiem mods in the other hand,when it first happened,I was genuinely happy,not only because it lessened the grind,it is also a more engaging way to earn Requiem mods(for solo players,maybe).On top of that,it made sense to have Thralls drop Requiem mods,because they belong to the same gameplay loop/system.Now that it has been fixed,solo players(or just me)need to go back the recruiting channel to get a squad(something I dread from the bottom of my heart),or suffer under the hands of RNGesus.

I don't care if you make it a 'Requiem sliver',I don't care if it is a 1% drop,just at least make it a possibility,please.

Why do you not gain progress on your Lich hate bar when in other people's Lich Missions? Still gain murmur off Thralls at least, but it's still counter to cooperative play when both people need to build it up. FIX THIS!

"Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress."
This is also counter to cooperative gameplay. If it's not my Lich, I have zero reason to attack it. It's in fact better to leave it and not touch it to let more Thralls spawn. FIX THIS!

The ingame resolution setting isn't saving properly. It keeps changing to some lower res on launch. 

Also can we get an actual fun nemesis system anytime soon? Like it was done in shadow of mordor. Get rid of that opt in stuff and make it truly random, please. 

• Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

Honestly disappointed, thought it was a feature.  As others have pointed out, the 'bug' encouraged teamwork and felt like a healthy change to help with the grind.  I will ask, please reconsider the fix and promote it to being a feature.

Otherwise, appreciate many of the other changes/fixes in this hotfix and look forward to seeing further improvements to Grendel.

Liches and Larvlings: 
Our Own Lich should be auto-marked for us in the map. Players are all too happy to kill it far away, missed opportunities for Mercy.

Use the same UI as the Kuva Lich kill/convert on the Larvling to Create Lich / Drain Kuva from him. 

Grendel:

Join Feast + Regurgitate in a single skill, Bulimia. Hold to Feast, click to Regurgitate.

While holding 1 to (Bulimia) Feast, players should be able to slowly walk, but not sprint, jump or parkour. Should be possible to activate while sliding though.

Should be useable while in pulverize form. Feast should give constant acceleration in Pulverize form.

Remove armor stripping per second from Feast, but also remove energy upkeep. Add Energy cost per damage taken to split damage to enemies swallowed.

Change to one-time partial armor stripping on Feast, One-time partial armor stripping on Regurgitate.

Add armor stripping effect to Nourish. 

Replace 3rd ability slot with Mega Fart Gaseous Emissions, a toxic/gas AoE that damages, repeatedly staggers and corrodes armor. Useable in Pulverize form.

This is bad as it increases the grind and reduces incentive for teamwork. 

Should be reverted and made into a feature. 

Archived