Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.5

[DE]Megan

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Bear a dit :

Hey Lich Hunters,

It is obvious by the impassioned responses here that the last hotfix and Murmur changes left a bad taste in some people’s mouths. The initial granting of Murmur progression was unintentional, but in those 24 hours, it seems that many of you have enjoyed the incentive to play together for shared benefits on Kuva Lich hunting.

As a result, we are discussing internally about incentives and ways to mitigate some of the pain points many of you have. As always, new systems take some time to settle in and we will be doing several balance passes. Your enemy is a personal one, but Warframe is ultimately a co-op experience and we want to make sure that is encouraged and rewarded fairly.

Well : the last Hotfixe killed my willingness to play and that of my clanmate while before we went at lich farm every night so yeah addressing that would be nice.

34 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Since I complain a lot here, let me just say this positive thing; it's very good to see someone from DE active in this thread. 

I hope to see more interactions from DE staff in various threads. It makes things feel a lot more like a community.

It's not just Kuva Liches, their weapons, and the whole system. What's also putting a lot of pressure on DE is the feedback/work from the following order:

1. Melee 3.0 Phase 2
  2. Vauban/Ember Rework
  3. Grendel
  4. Railjack/Empyrean

All that most of us can do is to wait while still providing constructive feedback to them and they deliver fixes that are not like the ones from the previous two (Requiem Mods and Kuva from Thralls removed and the controversial Murmur sharing removal).

2 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Lich Hunters,

It is obvious by the impassioned responses here that the last hotfix and Murmur changes left a bad taste in some people’s mouths. The initial granting of Murmur progression was unintentional, but in those 24 hours, it seems that many of you have enjoyed the incentive to play together for shared benefits on Kuva Lich hunting.

As a result, we are discussing internally about incentives and ways to mitigate some of the pain points many of you have. As always, new systems take some time to settle in and we will be doing several balance passes. Your enemy is a personal one, but Warframe is ultimately a co-op experience and we want to make sure that is encouraged and rewarded fairly.

"Impassioned" is a bit of an understatement, but thanks for hopping on and giving us a heads-up. It's greatly appreciated.

Is there ANY internal discussion about giving players the option to extend a peace offering to a created Lich if we decide we don't want to deal with the grind needed to kill / convert it? Right now, simply ignoring it is really not a satisfactory "solution".

44 minutes ago, EchoesOfRain said:

Well the problem is, as others have already said, the main solution was already there.

The solution was... Not already there. It was just plain too fast, regardless of whatever you think. DE's verdict was that the grind for murmurs shouldn't be that fast, period.

So no, that's not the solution. They need to figure out how much faster they find it acceptable when doing it in a group and change things based on that.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Bear:

Hey Lich Hunters,

the shared murmur gain from liches was fine considering all the rng thats stuffed into this system and when thinking about duplicate weapons

3 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

This is also something we are discussing. We don't want players to be held hostage in their own progression, but the execution of how to prevent that has to be handled correctly.

Is there any chance of just allowing the targeted player the option of fighting the Lich to it's first downed state for mercy attempt— and if they don't attempt it after a period of time (~ 60 seconds) —the Lich says something snarky and leaves?

Let 3 of those encounters, done that way, be cause for a rank up from the Lich.

In that way no one's progression is halted and the mechanic already basically exists for the larva anyway.

21 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Also I would like a mechanic where you can kill a lich through normal means by burning their entire health bar down to make them despawn, but they will keep coming back. This thematically allows you to keep the 'continuing to rise from the grave' theme they have as is as well as reenforce that they won't STAY dead without the right parazon sequence.

Great suggestion. This really should be a thing. 

DE can you rework every frame to be a saryn reskin and reduce all the weapons in this game to 3 weapons and cost only 1 forma to upgrade... I really don't like using my free time to play your game, I would rather be playing fortnite but you make us play this game too long by making us grind for things. I prefer my content to be completely accessible the first day it comes out, so I can complain for you to make more tomorrow.

4 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Lich Hunters,

Im glad to see that this is being looked into. Ever since The War Within, the new updates have been primarily geared towards solo play, and this latest update nearly forces it.

Please remeber that Warframe works best when you play with friends.

P.S. Players get burnt out less if they are playing together towards a common goal.

1 hour ago, Julian_Skies said:

The solution was... Not already there. It was just plain too fast, regardless of whatever you think. DE's verdict was that the grind for murmurs shouldn't be that fast, period.

So no, that's not the solution. They need to figure out how much faster they find it acceptable when doing it in a group and change things based on that.

actually it was there, it just needed to be toned down, instead of EVERYONE getting 10x the murmur progress for someones lich attempt it should be 10x for the person the lich is after and 5x for everyone else in the group

Hey Lich Hunters,

You didn't ask, but I'll impart a small, yet important, piece of wisdom I've learned in my 62 years on this planet. "Don't look for complex solutions to simple problems". You're welcome. 

Oh, and thanks for keeping us informed!

This is also something we are discussing. We don't want players to be held hostage in their own progression, but the execution of how to prevent that has to be handled correctly.

Is anything being looking into regaurding grouping with friends?

Currently if your liches don't share a system they have claimed, you get no progress/lich spawn. Even if it shows on queue up that it's <your lich's name> Territory. It still doesn't count or progress.

I dont know if it was brought to the attention of DE, but players are avoiding their kuva lich in mission preventing possible spawning of other player's kuva lich and it annoying and frustrating that I would even just flat out leave the mission. Please implement a work around for this.

Despite what i said earlier, I feel that the players are more divided from each other in lich missions. Can you guys bunch up the mission queues that are on "like" tile sets?

Archived