Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.5

[DE]Megan

25 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

And so the one sole reason to play public matches, gone. What a horrible change toward what was a good pacing of a grind.

4 minutes ago, Fast_Pickle said:

what kind of Chinese level of soulless grinding are you aiming for.  You had 82k players log in  on the update and all of them are being Thanos snapped each hotfix

Yep. I am just gonna go look for something else to play, it's quite obvious they don't wanna make the update fun but tedious to empty you of Forma and your time. 

good changes, but grendel still has some main issues.

the energy drain is still too high, and eating some enemies is still hard, because if you press 1 in front of a buch of enemies, you eat only few of them, and you end up having to spam the 1 multiple times.

is still hard to see the buffs for his 2, and the way you get them is still a but clunky.

49 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

Do you value our time at all?

It requires 41 liches in average to get all weapons. That's average. Not worst case scenario. Murmur from other players' liches dropped the time needed per lich from >2 hours to a more acceptable ~1-1.5 hours real time and even gave an incentive to play in groups.

Now we're back at >2 hours per lich... and that all in solo play. Because why would I play in groups in which I have to wait for others at extraction or get lich spawns blocked because they don't want to fail? Was that what you wanted to achieve with the change? >82 hours of boring and unrewarding gameplay of rushing the same old missions we've been doing for years and one-shotting semi-weak enemies for basically no gain whatsoever (especially thanks to all the duplicates people are getting)? Do you seriously think 82 hours of no rewards is worth 13 weapons? Farming 13 Sibear only takes in average ~59 hours for comparison. 13 of them...

I was already burned out over the weekend from lich hunting. Today I tried out public missions with the increased murmur from other people's liches and had some fun. It felt like I was progressing. Now it's back to being a boring slog in solo missions again. If you seriously think your player retention will rise because of that (player numbers on Steam like late 2017), you're thinking wrong.

So many updates recently have made me think you don't understand at all what the players care about (exclusively neo relics from disruption... lol). And this patch again showed that you either don't know or just don't care. For now I'm done with this slog. So close to MR28, but #*!% it. Can't be bothered to continue doing this the slow and boring way.

geez guys, is getting murmer the ONLY reason you help with another players lich, seriously?

How about the enjoyment of a sudden random challenging enemy whose powers and resistances are an unknown?

this change doesn't effect me at all, I'll still prefer pubing lich missions and I'll still help others with their liches.

Just now, gamer4ever27 said:

geez guys, is getting murmer the ONLY reason you help with another players lich, seriously?

How about the enjoyment of a sudden random challenging enemy whose powers and resistances are an unknown?

this change doesn't effect me at all, I'll still prefer pubing lich missions and I'll still help others with their liches.

That's a pretty wild misunderstanding of the situation.  We're upset at how much extra time this is adding to the grind, and the fact that it gives all the bad players even more excuses to not kill their own Liches and gate yours from spawning.  It's a trash change that actively makes playing in squads worse, and disincentives teamwork.  In a full co-op game.

Killing/converting a lich still stops thralls from spawning!

We need a way to get rid of the lich(maybe down it 5 times or something) if the player doesn't want to and should be punished for it, the lich should say something like "Stop wasting my time, you disappoint me" and steal extra loot from the player or lose murmur progress or something like that.

Just now, CephKaron said:

Didn't yall ask for content that lasts though?

Yes, but we're asking for meaningful content, new stuff to explore like Railjack, or an actual longer lasting story. Instead we get a dumb grind of missions that we've been playing since the game launched...

Thanks for more fixes.

• Larva are still spawning in level 20+ (unoccupied) Grineer missions despite having an active Kuva Lich. This sets off alarms, causes enemies to become alerted, and further ruins stealth mechanics. This bug is easily duplicated on Adaro, Sedna.
  • I know you'll never let go of Requiem Relics no matter how much we dislike them, so can we at least have a way to farm specific relics instead of relying on RNG and time gates?
  • Please let us refine Requiem Relics with something other than Void Traces (i.e. Kuva), or move Requiem Mods into the common drop table of the relics. It feels awful to leave Requiem fissures to go run void fissures for more Void Traces.
  • Still way too many layers of RNG for the Kuva Lich system:
    • random kuva weapon
    • random Kuva weapon bonus damage percentage (picking the element is nice, but not really enough)
    • random relic drops from time-gated floods
    • chance for a random relic from time-gated siphons
    • random occupied planets and missions
    • random number of Thralls spawned in mission
    • random Requiem Fissure mission type (there's only one at a time, mission type does matter here)
    • random cracked Requiem Relic reward
    • random reveal order from Murmurs (this is why people didn't like or understand the 60/60/140% idea)
    • random Requiem mods required to kill/convert
    • random Requiem mod order required to kill/convert
    • random Kuva Lich spawn in mission (until angered or level 5)

Something on this list has to give. Most of us don't have all the weapons, yet. But there is going to be an angry mob when people only have 2-3 weapons left, and they only get dupes with low damage rolls even with the duplication system you've proposed.

11 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Condition Overload is still one of the most powerful mods, but not so powerful anymore it completely breaks the game, and gives a large disconnect between early game melee and late game melee. Making it multiplicative would be a step back from actually having balanced melees. Take Pressure Point off your build, put CO in it’s place, and install something else like a reach or attack speed mod.

Have i missed something? I'm still adapting to the melee changes.

Why not use Primed Pressure Point along Condition Overload and Blood Rush?

Most melees just need a Berserk anyways as far as speed mods go with few exceptions and it can fit in the hybrid builds and they are still incredibly strong and do include PPP. Especially on some melees like Nikanas being able to flatline lvl 150 corrupted heavies / bombards etc faster than you can blink. (without pausing AI , Rivens or Stealth bonuses i like to add)

Thanks, I hate it. Nerfed the only thing to make the third bar bearable. Brute force will still be the best method then, cool beans.
Side note, the experimental thing, it's actually pretty great, curious to see how it will develop even more in the near future

5 minutes ago, gamer4ever27 said:

No, it made public play with randoms POSSIBLE, because it incentivized everyone in the squad to actually test their liches instead of just leaving it on the map, blocking other lich spawns and being a general nuisance, and it reduced the repugnant thrall grind just enough to feel kind of fun. Now it's back to 2-3+ hours of numbing slog just to get this lich with a dupe weapon gone so I can hope the next one has something new and not another Quartakk or Seer.

32 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

"Hi all, we made lich farm basically be back to what it was 2 days ago, pretend yesterday's positive changes never happened! Ok bye!"

Stop doing this. It's becoming painfully obvious that none of you play your own game past an hour of the new content, or these step-backward changes wouldn't be happening.

Thanks for the hotfix! By the way, here's a list of things you broke.

• Projectile weapons can no longer damage the eidolon on land or in water.
  • You need to be 20 meters away from the eidolon now in order to deal any damage.
  • Unairu wisp doesn't spawn wisps unless you are inside of the eidolon, even with the blast radius waybound.
  • Certain amps such as Raplak Prism do not hit the eidolon at ALL.

With this "fix" there is no incentive to play in a public squad. It's actually worse to play in a squad because other Liches might prevent my Lich from spawning.

Archived