Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Team Play for Lich is Dead.

GrimSinner

Super agree. When they added kuva to thralls - first time i felt like farming murmurs were somehow rewarding and fun. 

They deleted it. 

Then they added murmur generation from teamplay. I felt finally good cause that was a fair temp of farming them and it motivates you to play with player. 

They deleted this. 

Well, looks like no fun allowed and that devs tries to tell us that its solo game, not coop game. 🙂 Sorry, i just almost forget it. Thx for reminding. 

• Like 5

I haven't participated in the lich system yet, so forgive my ignorance, but as an outsider here, I was shocked there would have been a group element to it at all. It's a personal nemesis, not a mini-boss or raid. And I'm not the only one that thinks that, even games media notes the system as a PERSONAL nemesis. So.... the system is functioning as advertised, excepting that they allow you the possibility of tackling it with other players? Sounds like a pretty legit system to me.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-01-warframes-old-blood-update-adds-a-personal-nemesis-thatll-hunt-you-across-the-stars

Please don't let this be true. Such a bad habit. Had an instance where my whole team is blocked into a corner on survival because a level 5 lich wasn't getting stabbed. Just me two lower MR players trying their best and a MR 28 Inaros standing in the corner only ever going after Thralls.

When I spoke and asked him to stab the lich to make it go away he ignores it tells me to chill and when he realizes his entire team has been dying down to the last life he laughs as if it was nothing then tell us to "git gud." Suffice to say I was furious because no one else could deal with his lich in that mission so it kept slamming every frame that came near it right down to 1 health.

Edited by Remedyheart
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

Please don't let this be true. Such a bad habit. Had an instance where my whole team is blocked into a corner on survival because a level 5 lich wasn't getting stabbed. Just me two lower MR players trying their best and a MR 28 Inaros standing in the corner only ever going after Thralls.

When I spoke and asked him to stab the lich to make it go away he ignores it tells me to chill and when he realizes his entire has been dying down to the last life he laughs as if it was nothing then tell us to "git gud." Suffice to say I was furious because no one else could deal with his lich in that mission so it kept slamming every frame that came near it right down to 1 health.

The entire Lich system has been designed in a way that promotes being an ass. DE is literally enabling these people.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Eh...

There's another, much longer, thread on this forum right now positing that players who wouldn't kill their Liches (because they didn't agree with the death mechanic) harmed their teams and should be nerfed or punished in some way.

DE's change fixes the problem.

Really?  How?  Because right now, I don't have any reason to fight my lich.  (I don't want to make them stronger, and I don't enjoy eating an instant death.)  So now not only is the lich that I have no interest in killing blocking the spawn of any further liches in that mission, no one *else* gets anything either.  And if I'm ready to kill my lich and actually *want* to fight it, they have no incentive to help.  "Yeah your lich is here.  So what?  Your lich has Magnetize, and I don't feel like eating an instant random death shooting it in exchange for absolutely nothing."

I'm clearly missing something.  Because to me, this makes it look even *less* likely that people will fight back when facing a random lich attack.  You still die instantly and get basically nothing, and your lich gets stronger.  What did that fix, exactly?

• Like 1

But it takes a few seconds to down your lich and attempt to kill it anyway and you get more thralls running in a group, what is the problem here? I finally had enough time outside of work last night to do my first one and now I'm just disappointed that they're so weak to fight you. They need a decent buff before this "issue" even matters.

So huh... I just go and fight the other players' Lich because... well... its a mini-boss, I want to shoot it and help my teammates.

From the looks of things, this mentality of mine is pretty outdated, shoot things for the sake of shooting and helping your squadmates just because?

... Nah, otherwise people would have stopped reviving my @$$ after I kill myself with my explosive weapons.

I know i'm going to ask before hand now who that lich is and if they actually want to kill it, not going to waste time, energy or ammo on something no one wants to fight. Just sucks I get nothing in return for helping teammates with their lich. I don't expect the same return on murmurs they get, it isn't my lich after all but give me at least a thrall or twos worth of murmur

Just now, Kaotyke said:

So huh... I just go and fight the other players' Lich because... well... its a mini-boss, I want to shoot it and help my teammates.

From the looks of things, this mentality of mine is pretty outdated, shoot things for the sake of shooting and helping your squadmates just because?

... Nah, otherwise people would have stopped reviving my @$$ after I kill myself with my explosive weapons.

Honestly... in the times I've played public missions, I'm often one of the only people who *does* revive other players.  Everyone else is too focused on getting Most Kills, just not paying attention, or actually expects everyone to eat a Revive and res themselves.  Random PUG teams are random, and most of the ones I've experienced are pretty self centered.  Doing a fissure defense and Player C just got the item they wanted / max leveled the one thing they care about?  Instant extract even if the group is working well and everyone else is breaking open Radiant relics.  It's even more of an issue in Survival and Excavation now.  The previous system kind of sucked when one player could have their rewards held hostage because they'd been randomly slotted on a team that decided to do an hour Survival run.  But now you have to watch and double check the instant anyone goes to Extraction, just in case it's the mission host that wants to leave with no warning.

4 минуты назад, Kaotyke сказал:

this works 1 time. 100 times 10000 times. Than it became...boring. So people start to do effecient things, hunting rewards. Thats truly understandable. 

10 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Helping others with a mission in a pve co-op game? What is this sorcery? 

BURN THIS HEATHEN!!!

35 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

so the change works as intended

You're at least the second person I've seen say this.  Please explain what you mean by this.  Because I still have no real incentive to commit suicide by attacking my lich without knowing at least all three rune words and actually owning them.  And now, no one else has any incentive to help me fight them at all.  If I win, they get nothing.  If I commit suicide, they also get nothing.  The only reason for anyone to even care that my lich exists is if she spawns first and blocks the ability for someone else to spawn a lich during the mission, and then ONLY if they actually want to take a stab at theirs.

How, exactly, does this seem like a good idea?

3 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

You're at least the second person I've seen say this.  Please explain what you mean by this.  Because I still have no real incentive to commit suicide by attacking my lich without knowing at least all three rune words and actually owning them.  And now, no one else has any incentive to help me fight them at all.  If I win, they get nothing.  If I commit suicide, they also get nothing.  The only reason for anyone to even care that my lich exists is if she spawns first and blocks the ability for someone else to spawn a lich during the mission, and then ONLY if they actually want to take a stab at theirs.

How, exactly, does this seem like a good idea?

it looked for sarcasm :trollface:

as change works as intendeed it mean to so this content is even more for solo play while if you want to play it online with other players it is intendeed to only divide players with hatred to each other - so works as intendeed

2 hours ago, (PS4)Ragology said:

What they've done is create an excavator that only rewards cryotic to the player that made it drop from the sky.

I couldn't have put this better myself. Now there is absolutely no reason to help another play fight their lich beyond altruism.