Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Team Play for Lich is Dead.

GrimSinner

4 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Really?  How?  Because right now, I don't have any reason to fight my lich.  (I don't want to make them stronger, and I don't enjoy eating an instant death.)  So now not only is the lich that I have no interest in killing blocking the spawn of any further liches in that mission, no one *else* gets anything either.  And if I'm ready to kill my lich and actually *want* to fight it, they have no incentive to help.  "Yeah your lich is here.  So what?  Your lich has Magnetize, and I don't feel like eating an instant random death shooting it in exchange for absolutely nothing."

I'm clearly missing something.  Because to me, this makes it look even *less* likely that people will fight back when facing a random lich attack.  You still die instantly and get basically nothing, and your lich gets stronger.  What did that fix, exactly?

My comments addressed concerns regarding teamwork and the loss of it as it relates to this issue in both of these threads.

Now, everyone can be inconvenienced together; which is a good thing imo.

As to the rest...

Personally, I wish DE had added a confirmation page informing the group that Player X was entering a mission in a Lich controlled zone and an attack would be imminent. that way players can make informed decisions.

I also wish DE gave players an opt out for after they started a Lich for those folks who don't like the mechanics and don't want to be inconvenienced by them. 

The current setup isn't considerably more or less inconvenient to players than the previous one was imo. Players are entering these missions in groups for more murmurs than they can get solo and manage to accomplish that. Everything else is useless jabber, imo, as mission fails don't remove murmurs. What is good is that players can't point their fingers at other players decisions and complain for nerfs now.

It's fairly evident that you are annoyed about the direction DE has taken and I hope you have posted some constructive feedback in the proper thread. The system is still rough and any actionable feedback is useful.

I don't think DE cares anymore. I mean this whole update seems like it is there to keep us busy and quite with as less effort as possible. There are so many good ideas from the community how to change it to something good but their plans and updates are going in the wrong direction.

Edited by tyreens

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

So huh... I just go and fight the other players' Lich because... well... its a mini-boss, I want to shoot it and help my teammates.

From the looks of things, this mentality of mine is pretty outdated, shoot things for the sake of shooting and helping your squadmates just because?

... Nah, otherwise people would have stopped reviving my @$$ after I kill myself with my explosive weapons.

For most things I have no issues with helping other people be successful. Unfortunately with the way the Lich system is now (as of 26.0.5) if the person who's Lich spawns is able to successfully vanquish it, not only do his/her team mates not get any reward, but Thralls stop spawning meaning they are actively punished for his/her success. This means many people will not only not help, but actively root for the Litch to DEFEAT their team mate. It's one thing to help someone without getting a reward, but totally different to get punished for helping someone.

7 hours ago, M3tallius said:

I haven't participated in the lich system yet, so forgive my ignorance, but as an outsider here, I was shocked there would have been a group element to it at all. It's a personal nemesis, not a mini-boss or raid. 

When my syndicate assassin comes for me, or stalker or wolf or the trio , everyone gets rewarded

7 hours ago, M3tallius said:

And I'm not the only one that thinks that

History states most people believed the world was flat. I guess they were right since it was more than 1 person. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

When my syndicate assassin comes for me, or stalker or wolf or the trio , everyone gets rewarded

Shhh. They might 'fix' that too and say it was a long-term bug.

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

I also wish DE gave players an opt out for after they started a Lich for those folks who don't like the mechanics and don't want to be inconvenienced by them. 

Someone thinking critically - yup, I started the new lich system on Day 1, and am forced into solo-only due to bad internet. Still having absolutely horrendous RNG on getting mods (30 something relics, only 2 mods, lots of stars and riven slivers though!). No way for me to magically 'opt out' of having a 1/3rd of the starchart being controlled by the lich, including arby/sortie nodes too.  I feel the lich system should be behind a quest, you start the quest - fully knowing - that you are going to summon a lich, no RNG finding it or accidentally killing it. That's the "opt in/out" system I'd prefer, so I don't make a mistake that will haunt me for literal weeks, due to how SLOW it is doing lich stuff solo.