Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whips and Glaives

Tenno76856

Glaives are alright.  The Falcor is rather impressive in my opinion, as is the Orvius and Pathocyst.  Any glaive should be paired with a decent secondary weapon, since doing so unlocks more combat moves and capabilities.

The Atterax, Galvacord, and Scoliac are the other whips in the game, and there is a Secura variant of the Lecta available from the Perrin Sequence.  I've personally never been a big fan of whips, but the Scoliac has high slash damage and innate toxin damage.

1 hour ago, NigglesAU said:

Never used a Glaive and wondering if they are decent to good?

Glaive Prime is good because it's explosions cause bleeds, essentially killing everything in one hit if build properly. Pathocyst is decent in melee, unless your target is immune to status.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Glaive Prime is good because it's explosions cause bleeds, essentially killing everything in one hit if build properly. Pathocyst is decent in melee, unless your target is immune to status.

I was a huge fan of my glaive prime + zakti combo, but this update tanked its damage. Haven't been able to come up with a build that feels even worth using against higher level targets, much less one that can come near to how effective and fun the combo was before the update.

1 minute ago, Frenotx said:

I was a huge fan of my glaive prime + zakti combo, but this update tanked its damage.

Works just fine for me. Obviously you would put viral on the Zakti, make sure to hit during the stagger, and mod for base damage, crit, minimum combo.

On 2019-11-06 at 9:55 PM, Traumtulpe said:

Works just fine for me. Obviously you would put viral on the Zakti, make sure to hit during the stagger, and mod for base damage, crit, minimum combo.

Adding corrupt charge to my build has resolved the issue. Didn't realize the dual-wielding charge attack was considered a heavy attack, and thus super wimpy without combo. The 2X minimum of corrupt charge put the damage back to where I'd expect it to be. Thanks!