Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U26: Maxframerate and vsync broken [details inside]!

40PE

Settings in nvidia panel:
Gsync on
Prefer Max. Performance
Highest avail. refresh rate
Triple Buffering on
Vsync: Use application settings

In-game:
Fullscreen
Refreshrate 100
vsync on
Maxframerate 100

Issue1: After starting warframe with the above settings, the maxframerate and refresrate is 60!

Warframe Screenshot 2019.11.07 - 10.05.35.69

Workaround currently: Going into opsions/graph settings, clicking through refreshrate and set 100 again (not changing anything else, it was 100 before, clicking through the available choises here but selecting 100 again!). Hitting okay and saving settings will fix fps and refresh rate at 100.

Warframe Screenshot 2019.11.07 - 10.06.02.42

Prior U26 I've played with the following settings (to get better performance and much better mouse responsiveness):
Settings in nvidia panel:
Gsync on
Prefer max. Performance
Highest avail. refresh rate
Tripple Buffer off
Vsync off

In-game:
Fullscreen
Refreshrate 100
vsync off
Maxframerate 200

Issue2: Currently the game looks and feels very bad with the above settings. The screen and movement is blurred out, lot of tearing on the screen, even with 120-200FPS. Seems vsync and maxframerate is the main reason with some page flipping issues and buffering that makes the screen feels like 30-60fps (even though you have 120-140 "on paper".

So currently I'm playing with vsync gsync on, fix 98fps (that is the perfect one, since below 1-2fps of the refresh rate of the monitor, vsync turns off and gsync turns on and that is the desired way of playing! Don't ever change this behaviour please! So if I set 100maxrefreshrate, the desired fps is 98 for gsync! Currently cannot set it except if you turn off vsync wich will again, break the game, and pageflipping/tearing, blurry and jittery object movement will occur!)

Let me know if I was not clear in my explanation.

Same here, Warframe's 100 Hz option, then restart game, doesn't stay and goes to 120 Hz for me and 120 FPS with v-sync on.

Alt+Tab minimize will then use the correct refresh rate set in Warframe options.

Edited by sam686
Fixed video link