Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation in POE and Orb V

Keogu

Question

Hey all,

I just recently spent my day running conservation in both Orb V and POE to get the floofs I admittedly never bothered with before now. 

After stocking up on the things I needed I headed out and began hunting. It wasn't too long before I encountered a reoccurring issue. 

- I can never, in all my time doing this, EVER seem to find the uncommon animals at all. -  

I had no problems in either open world getting endless amounts of common animals, and loads of rare ones with the pheromone lure thing. But hardly ever the uncommon ones?

I'm 1 tag away from my last POE floof (Woodland Mergoo) and 1-3 tags off of every uncommon animal in Orb V. 

Can anyone give me some tips or advice? I've spent the last 3 hours alone shuttle running between the Mergoo spots in POE in hopes to find anything but the common and rare variants. 

I understand that this game is largely based around RNG, but this is atrocious for a cute little (mini-game?) mechanic. 

- A tired Tenno patiently waiting for some guidance

4 answers to this question

Sorry, should've specified this earlier.

I have a resource booster active to cut down the time spent grinding, so I've only ever bought 5 of the bait/lure for each animal as they seem to get me what I need within 3-4.

I haven't used a bait/lure for the Mergoo after I used them all up (I used them before my 3 hour unsuccessful hunt.)

During that period I just called the animal to the location, activated prowl and waited. Every time I got the basic Coastal Mergoo with the exception of one random rare popping in. 

On 2019-11-07 at 8:35 PM, Keogu said:

Sorry, should've specified this earlier.

I have a resource booster active to cut down the time spent grinding, so I've only ever bought 5 of the bait/lure for each animal as they seem to get me what I need within 3-4.

I haven't used a bait/lure for the Mergoo after I used them all up (I used them before my 3 hour unsuccessful hunt.)

During that period I just called the animal to the location, activated prowl and waited. Every time I got the basic Coastal Mergoo with the exception of one random rare popping in. 

Well that's weird, maybe the recent patch altered the spawn rate. I am not really sure.

But the eidolon lure and vombs spawn are noticeably different to before-patch so maybe the wild lifes also has something to do with the patch

Edited by SHArK-FiN