Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Take It Anymore - 1 Week And I'm Out... {Solved}

magusat999

I think I'm about running out of gas here. There is one thing I have wanted and tried to get and for 5 months this has been my white whale - Frost Prime Blueprints. I played T3 Exterminate till my fingers bled. I played all of my T1 Exterminate missions - 60 of them disappeared after the U10 update.They changed the place where you get T1 Ext keys to Tier 1 (Killiken defense missions) and I've been playing those exclusively for two weeks - I only got 3 keys. People are not hosting T1 Ext - and the few I've played have given up no Frost Prime Blueprints. I am now only interested in getting this over with. I want the Frost Prime Blueprints and that's all I want right now.

I cannot continue to play the game knowing I didn't get those Blue prints - Ive been working hard to get them for 5 months. Getting those has become the only reason I am playing right now - but i am running out of patience. If I cannot get them I will quit Warframe. I a totally frustrated - I cant take it anymore. The RNG gods have beaten me to a pulp, turned me over and sucked my innards out.

I love the game, don't get me wrong, and I will miss it - but i cannot go on without achieving that milestone. I cannot continue to play forever and not succeed at one simple task. I cannot play the rest of the game like this - it plagues me. Its available, o why can't i have it? Why do i have to work so hard to get this one thing? 5 days maybe - but 5 months??? And now I can't even get to the place where it is because I can't get keys to drop? Its making me physically ill, I start to get headaches which get worse every time I finish a wave 5 and see Vitality, Fast Deflection - or even worse; another Tower Survival... anything BUT what I need.

So I hope within a week I get those Blueprints. I'd like to continue to play but I can only take so much punishment. In any case, thanks for the memories - I will try hard but I have little faith as of now...

UPDATE: I posted about this later in the thread but I think it better here. Buriburi came in and ran two of his T1 Exterminates with me. One the second one I FINALLY got the blueprint! Its like the cavalry rode in and saved the town at the darkest hour! I want to give Buriburi a big thanks, and thanks to all of you who gave me encouragement to hang in there. Now I can have some peace of mind and actually play the game instead of obsessing over that one missed item! Hopefully I won't get stuck on something else... but for now all is well! thanks again...

Edited by magusat999

I can already tell people are just going to point and laugh, or tell you to just go farm something else for awhile. And the latter group would have a point. But I kind of know how you feel. It sucks going day in and day out without getting rewarded for what you've been trying to obtain for so very long. Hell, just farming credits nowadays for me is boring and tiresome. The longer my Warframe sessions are, the more aggravated I seem to get because of the farming on top of farming. It's called Burn Out, and it seems alot of us older players are getting it.

My suggestion is to not give up entirely just yet. Sure, give it one more week...but don't just leave afterward. Take a break from Warframe. If you get the itch, come back and just play to play, not to farm. Eventually you'll get your resolve back and try again.

But I do agree - it sucks and I feel for ya. I gave up trying to get Frost Prime a good while back. The people who did the event for it (like I did) were shafted hard, and I'm still kind of not happy with DE about it.

Edited by SoulEchelon

why dont u just get a normal frost. works the same looks the same. i got tired of his looks long time ago and fitted alt helmet.

Weird thing is frost prime is easier to get then frost. It took me 11 weeks to farm frost then it took me 1 week to farm frost prime I feel ya man.

Also another player quitting and posting it on the forums.  I'm getting tired of them doing this. Most of them are looking for attention ect ect. No offense OP.

Edited by alphex

You forgot the part where you hallucinated frost prime parts. Also, the lucid dreams in which you miraculously had frost prime.  

Seriously: It's really bad luck and that's all I can tell you. I remember a few times that I've gotten all the parts in 4 voids. You obviously need a break so maybe you should take a week and come back then.

I think I'm about running out of gas here. There is one thing I have wanted and tried to get and for 5 months this has been my white whale - Frost Prime Blueprints. I played T3 Exterminate till my fingers bled. I played all of my T1 Exterminate missions - 60 of them disappeared after the U10 update.They changed the place where you get T1 Ext keys to Tier 1 (Killiken defense missions) and I've been playing those exclusively for two weeks - I only got 3 keys. People are not hosting T1 Ext - and the few I've played have given up no Frost Prime Blueprints. I am now only interested in getting this over with. I want the Frost Prime Blueprints and that's all I want right now.

I cannot continue to play the game knowing I didn't get those Blue prints - Ive been working hard to get them for 5 months. Getting those has become the only reason I am playing right now - but i am running out of patience. If I cannot get them I will quit Warframe. I a totally frustrated - I cant take it anymore. The RNG gods have beaten me to a pulp, turned me over and sucked my innards out.

I love the game, don't get me wrong, and I will miss it - but i cannot go on without achieving that milestone. I cannot continue to play forever and not succeed at one simple task. I cannot play the rest of the game like this - it plagues me. Its available, o why can't i have it? Why do i have to work so hard to get this one thing? 5 days maybe - but 5 months??? And now I can't even get to the place where it is because I can't get keys to drop? Its making me physically ill, I start to get headaches which get worse every time I finish a wave 5 and see Vitality, Fast Deflection - or even worse; another Tower Survival... anything BUT what I need.

So I hope within a week I get those Blueprints. I'd like to continue to play but I can only take so much punishment. In any case, thanks for the memories - I will try hard but I have little faith as of now...

i have 3 t1 ext keys. i will add you... pm me. you have 10min 

after that i have to go off 

I'm sorry if it looks like I'm just trying to get some attention or sympathy, or whatever - I am just so frustrated I had to "let it out". I expect people to come in and roast me up about this post - but I just needed to express this or I was about to pop. I think what SoulEcheon suggested is good advice. I need to take some time off - I'll consider that. I'm just so passionate about the game - maybe too much, that the bad really affects me. Well, I can take a lot of bad (who tries for 5 months?), but everyone has a breaking point. Thanks for your replies. Gotta go - depressed now...

I'm sorry if it looks like I'm just trying to get some attention or sympathy, or whatever - I am just so frustrated I had to "let it out". I expect people to come in and roast me up about this post - but I just needed to express this or I was about to pop. I think what SoulEcheon suggested is good advice. I need to take some time off - I'll consider that. I'm just so passionate about the game - maybe too much, that the bad really affects me. Well, I can take a lot of bad (who tries for 5 months?), but everyone has a breaking point. Thanks for your replies. Gotta go - depressed now...

No problem mate. And about that 5 months... I been farming split chamber for like 5 and a half months too I feel ya!

Well, I understand your frustration, I think most players that have been around a while have gotten to a similar point at some time. For me it was similar when I was hunting Hells Chamber for my Hek when it was not yet in the defense tables...

As much as you're focused on those BPs atm and don't want to "change your quest" so to speak, my advice would be to take a small break from WF and then mb just try to do sth enterily like just going for long survival runs, just mess around and have fun...

At this rate you might indeed stop WF enterily out of frustration which would be a shame since you like it.

Hope it turns around. I'm pretty burned out too, OP.

agreed.

burn out happens quite a bit around here.

comes with the grind gameplay of it i suppose.

just a shame that rng is used for the void and not something like, oh i dunno, a token system... something that would be rewarding instead of a kick to the $&*^.

well... we all know how much DE loves its rng/grind, thats why they keep adding more and more layers of each.

anyways, good luck to you op.

My suggestion is to not give up entirely just yet. Sure, give it one more week...but don't just leave afterward. Take a break from Warframe. If you get the itch, come back and just play to play, not to farm. Eventually you'll get your resolve back and try again.

I agree here, thing is though, taking a break and coming back later just means the rewards are harder to get or may just be removed entirely due to some random business marketing strategy.  DE thinks a new items have to come out constantly now to keep folks logging in so the drop tables are going to be massive as times goes on if the item even is attainable at all.  Double edged sword there.  Good luck OP.  Hope you get your BP.

Edited by Nickeltoe

I never had burnout. I've found that for me, helping others farm for what they want will get me excess of what I would want. Imagine my surprise when I looked in my Foundry after I decided to consider trying a frame that isn't Trinity, and found parts for Ember, Saryn, Nyx and the other male Warframes, as well as all the materials I would ever need. My hard time was Banshee, who took well over 2 months. Halfway through, I decided to slow down on the grinding and just help out any friend who was looking for Io/Xini. One fine day after holding the hands of some newbie friends through Xini for about 10 runs straight, I decided to cool down with a solo run of Xini with Saryn. Three days later I was spamming Sonar so my friends' Bratons could do more damage =)

So OP, hang in there. Don't work too hard, take it slowly and find some nice people to play with. If you have to, check the recruiting channel to see if anyone has keys you need. Just don't burn out, that's worse than quitting due to not getting what you want =)

OKAY! This ends on a good note! Buriburi ran two of his T1 Exterminations with me and on the second one - BAM! Frost Prime Blueprints! Thanks a million times over, Buriburi! Now I can calm down, relax and breath... even more important - I can keep playing without obsessing over those blueprints! thanks again, Buriburi!