Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have too many friends now

Nickstarship

Hello, so a few months back in a previous update, the friends limitation was set to 1,000 friends. Could this be increased or maybe have a way to buy more slots by the 100s or a purchase uncapped friend limit for like 1k plat or something. I have over 3000 friends and can't add any more. Yes I could always remove the inactive friends on my friends list, but that would be basically liming how many people I can interact with within the game. I already have a limit of 4,000 members I could potentially have in an alliance, so I feel it would make more sense to have the limit set to at least 4,000 as some clans require users to add the leader. I understand the update was to stop issues or lag that strictly had to do with the friends list. I just don't feel like my only option is to remove over 2,000 people. Steam has a way where as you level up, you unlock more Friends slots, could this apply to warframe? Maybe 100 slots per MR? Starting at 100 slots maybe? I don't want it to be like riven slots, but I do get why they are doing this. I guess I could make a video removing all my friends to immortalize them on my friends list.

Edit: To add to the above since there is speculation, I am not super human, I am just a clan leader who wants to keep his community connected. Every so often I get a message from one of my friends returning to the game, looking to reconnect and rejoin the clan from a Hiatus. As someone who has been playing for years, this is not a uncommon occurrence. I'll include screenshots of some things so you get an idea of the amount of people I have an influence with.

unknown.png

unknown.png

ListofOffline.png

Its just a matter of convenience to be able to check your friends list when seeing if a user is online, versus doing /profile and sending them a message after creating a spreadsheet of their names.
I understand that "Clearing out my friends list" Is an option, I would just like to avoid the process of removing over 2000+ people i've interacted with, and may want to come back to the game to someone who would accept them as a returning player.

Edited by Nickstarship
Adding additional notes

45 minutes ago, Nickstarship said:

I understand the update was to stop issues or lag that strictly had to do with the friends list.

So you want them to undo what they did to fix lag issues? They only did this because people like you wouldn't reduce the list on their own in the first place and still complained on forums about the issue they found.

While I could careless you if want to live in a world of lag but I would want to know what happens when you're host. If you're going to lag me out with you, he|| no.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

So you want them to undo what they did to fix lag issues? They only did this because people like you wouldn't reduce the list on their own in the first place and still complained on forums about the issue they found.

While I could careless you if want to live in a world of lag but I would want to know what happens when you're host. If you're going to lag me out with you, he|| no.

I have 1gb internet, I don't lag as host.

unknown.png

Edited by Nickstarship
Adding Picture

3 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

If these 1000 "friends" were actually friends.....Please make a video outside...away form the game and repeat ALL their names.

Good creative Idea! But the problem is still that is Alot of people, Even if I removed only people who haven't logged on for 90 days (which warframe tends to have updates every 3 months such as the release of new warframes or prime frames), thats about 2,000 or so people

ListofOffline.png

Activating nerd mode.

According to British anthropologist Robin Dunbar there exists a correlation among the higher primare species between the size of the neocortex and the number of social interactions they can maintain. After conducting a research on non-human primates and extrapolating the data onto the human brain parameters Dunbar arrived to the conclusion that the maximum number of constant social interactions an average person can have cannot exceed 100-250 (commonly used value of 150). The number was called the Dunbar's number and according to everyday observations the number of friends a person can have almost always falls close to said value.

In other words, Deactivating nerd mode, the OP is either a superhuman or exaggerating tremendously. Just clean your friends list FFS.

1 minute ago, ant99999 said:

Activating nerd mode.

According to British anthropologist Robin Dunbar there exists a correlation among the higher primare species between the size of the neocortex and the number of social interactions they can maintain. After conducting a research on non-human primates and extrapolating the data onto the human brain parameters Dunbar arrived to the conclusion that the maximum number of constant social interactions an average person can have cannot exceed 100-250 (commonly used value of 150). The number was called the Dunbar's number and according to everyday observations the number of friends a person can have almost always falls close to said value.

In other words, Deactivating nerd mode, the OP is either a superhuman or exaggerating tremendously. Just clean your friends list FFS.

I've been running a clan for a few years now and would add most members who join our clan. Moon clans can grow up to 1,000 members, and up to 4,000 members in an alliance.

4 minutes ago, Nickstarship said:

I've been running a clan for a few years now and would add most members who join our clan. Moon clans can grow up to 1,000 members, and up to 4,000 members in an alliance.

You cannot remember that many people.    You do not interact with 2000 people as "friends" per your other post even over a period of months.  The problem is your are mindlessly adding people as friends when they are not your friends.     The clan list is the clan list..that work is done.  An alliance is nothing more than "acquaintances" at best in nearly every case.    If you do have REAL FRIENDS in an alliance, those you would add as friends.     

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

You cannot remember that many people.    You do not interact with 2000 people as "friends" per your other post even over a period of months.  The problem is your are mindlessly adding people as friends when they are not your friends.     The clan list is the clan list..that work is done.  An alliance is nothing more than "acquaintances" at best in nearly every case.    If you do have REAL FRIENDS in an alliance, those you would add as friends.     

These are people I've bonded with over missions, conversation, interaction. In a mission you can be pared with 3 other people in a public mission. I have over 20,000 missions completed. If you divide that I have about 3,000 friends, thats about 1 friend every 7 Missions, some in which I am in there for 40+ mins.  

unknown.png

Just now, Berserkerkitten said:

But do you REALLY need to hold on to some stranger on the internet you had a nice interaction with some 20,000 missions ago? Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against DE raising the maximum friend count to infinity, but you have a hoarding problem. 😉

I know, it runs in the family. My grandmother is a hoarder and she collects a bunch of stuff to the point where it is hard to walk around in her small apartment. I am not looking to "hoard" friends though, my issue is I can't add any more unless I remove over 2,000.

Gerade eben schrieb Nickstarship:

I know, it runs in the family. My grandmother is a hoarder and she collects a bunch of stuff to the point where it is hard to walk around in her small apartment. I am not looking to "hoard" friends though, my issue is I can't add any more unless I remove over 2,000.

I know the feeling. I hold on to every pointless material thing I attach some happy memory to and my place is a mess. Which is why your list of friends reminded me of that behaviour. Wasn't trying to step on any toes. ❤️

2 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

I know the feeling. I hold on to every pointless material thing I attach some happy memory to and my place is a mess. Which is why your list of friends reminded me of that behaviour. Wasn't trying to step on any toes. ❤️

It's only a recent problem as I had a great interaction with a Warframe Partner who wanted to add me, but I had to turn them away ingame, and instead use discord.

unknown.png

Edited by Nickstarship
spelling error