Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parazon breaking the lore a bit

Gweredith

How is Parazon all of a sudden able to reconfigure the Grineer loyalty gene strain just by USB plugging it into the Lich? In the lore, every few batches you get a 'faulty' Grineer who isn't blindly loyal to the queens because of how old the cloning machines have gotten. We know them as defectors, with  Clem being one of the first we get introduced to in the game. So now we have this wire that just like that can change the loyalty code so that the Liches can become loyal to us instead of the queens, because that's literally what the Convert option does. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Gweredith said:

How is Parazon all of a sudden able to reconfigure the Grineer loyalty gene strain just by USB plugging it into the Lich? In the lore, every few batches you get a 'faulty' Grineer who isn't blindly loyal to the queens because of how old the cloning machines have gotten. We know them as defectors, with  Clem being one of the first we get introduced to in the game. So now we have this wire that just like that can change the loyalty code so that the Liches can become loyal to us instead of the queens, because that's literally what the Convert option does. 

If you pay attention to the stuff they say after you convert them, it would seem that they either see you as their Queen, or simply start considering you an ally of hers.

I remember one line where he thanks the player for making him into the warrior he was MEANT to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gweredith said:

How is Parazon all of a sudden able to reconfigure the Grineer loyalty gene strain just by USB plugging it into the Lich?

For the same reason you can farm the same boss multiple times and for the same reason Grineer and Corpus bosses somehow award WF blueprints and why there's a store for WF components.

Gameplay > Lore.

Don't look too deep into it.

Edited by Jarriaga

I think the parazon lore might have been skipped to be introduced later, like when the new player experience, or empryean goes live. (Which makes things super confusing right now, I agree.)

Spoiler

Though the quills stuff and the plains of duviri suggest to me that the Tenno do not live linear existences. Though things that have happened, and things that will happen, have both already happened, including the existence of tools we have yet to use. (my word, this is confusing when I write it) We are children now, but at one point (likely the Zariman ten-zero 'accident') we grew into adults while living full lives in the void, but then reverted back to children prior to, or at the time of, leaving our existence in the void.  (OMG, Could I be a father and not know it?)

2 hours ago, Gweredith said:

How is Parazon all of a sudden able to reconfigure the Grineer loyalty gene strain just by USB plugging it into the Lich?

You said it yourself: its a Universal Serial Blade. I imagine its universality comes from being able to interface not only with technological machines (like Grineer and Corpus computer systems) but also biological machines.

There's a lot about the Liches that doesn't really make sense, realistically.

If a Lich can only be killed by the Tenno that created it, why is that the only person they ever fight? If they were to only attack other Tenno, they would be truly undefeatable. They only have one vulnerability, yet they do nothing to avoid it. And they clearly know about it, since they taunt you as you get closer to learning their Requiem. Even if they can be killed by any Tenno, simply switching targets every once in a while would make it nearly impossible to ever decode even a single Lich's Requiem.

The Grineer can obviously create a lot of Liches. Even if its only one per Tenno, that is still a ton of them all together. So, why do they only ever fight us one on one? Why don't they form an army and overwhelm us one at a time? Imagine a mission where every single enemy was a Lich. It would be impossible. Or, they should at least attack in squads, the same way the Tenno do. Either way, these one on one fights are about the least efficient strategy they could use.  The main advantage the Grineer have always had over the Tenno is numbers, but for some reason they are completely ignoring that here.

Normally, I would agree with Jarriaga and overlook this, because gameplay is more important than lore. But, the whole Lich system isn't very fun, either. Its bad gameplay and bad storytelling. So the whole thing is inexcusable.

3 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

They only have one vulnerability, yet they do nothing to avoid it.

Are you talking about the big red kuva on their body?

Because my second Lich didn't had any, so when I killed him, my warframe just planted the blade in his neck, & up into his skull, I think it's just for design

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

Could be any mix of things. Cleaning their system of Kuva, much like how you clean a junkie from drugs. It wouldnt be an uncommon sci-fi concept for warrior races since it was a pretty repeating concept in DS9 and the Dominion's bio-engineered troopers. Cure them from the drug need and they might turn around and help you. It could also just be a mindcontrol drug/mixture in the parazon that makes them see you as a queen, or it could be the phrase sequence that clears their mind, some form of old Dax related Orokin tech. Which would be like the hidden clone trooper order in Star Wars, but in reverse.

The explanation per the patch notes is:

On 2019-10-31 at 3:07 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Converting your Lich with your Parazon corrupts it and turns it to your side, and will have a chance to appear in battle to aid you. 

Which is confusing when the explanation they've given in streams has been that it "un"corrupts the Kuva in them, whatever either of these explanations mean.

But the lore problem here that I see is that Kuva isn't properly explained between what it really is, why it's everywhere, why it has every seemingly random property it has, and how it can be corrupted in the first place. So without knowing any of that I don't think it's ever going to make much sense.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, trst said:

The explanation per the patch notes is:

Which is confusing when the explanation they've given in streams has been that it "un"corrupts the Kuva in them, whatever either of these explanations mean.

But the lore problem here that I see is that Kuva isn't properly explained between what it really is, why it's everywhere, why it has every seemingly random property it has, and how it can be corrupted in the first place. So without knowing any of that I don't think it's ever going to make much sense.

Kuva is literal Applied Phlebotinum. In the words of the great philosopher, Todd Howard: "It just works! Now buy the Fallout 76 yearly subscription".

34 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Are you talking about the big red kuva on their body?

Because my second Lich didn't had any, so when I killed him, my warframe just planted the blade in his neck, & up into his skull, I think it's just for design

I don't mean like a physical weak spot. I mean that there is literally only one single person in the entire universe than can kill them. You. Yet instead of avoiding you at all costs, they do nothing but throw themselves at you until you inevitably kill them.

Its basically the equivalent of Superman living in a house made entirely out of Kryptonite.

3 hours ago, Kahrain said:

)

Hide contents

Though the quills stuff and the plains of duviri suggest to me that the Tenno do not live linear existences. Though things that have happened, and things that will happen, have both already happened, including the existence of tools we have yet to use. (my word, this is confusing when I write it) We are children now, but at one point (likely the Zariman ten-zero 'accident') we grew into adults while living full lives in the void, but then reverted back to children prior to, or at the time of, leaving our existence in the void.  (OMG, Could I be a father and not know it?)

With time travel, you could father yourself.

3 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

I don't mean like a physical weak spot. I mean that there is literally only one single person in the entire universe than can kill them. You. Yet instead of avoiding you at all costs, they do nothing but throw themselves at you until you inevitably kill them.

Its basically the equivalent of Superman living in a house made entirely out of Kryptonite.

You're thinking backwards

For you it's a resurrecting enemy that goes after you,

For DE it's an enemy that needs to hunt you, so they made them able to resurrect

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

3 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Warframe doesn't even have lore, how can it be inconsistent if it doesn't exist?

warframe has lots of lore if you took time to read it or paid attention to the quests in order they ment to be done in.  

7 hours ago, Gweredith said:

its clearly has to do with the Kuva did something to them.  they remained loyal up to them more becasue had been before but the blade kind of imprints them on you instead of the queens