Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killed 10 kuva liches and ALL repeated weapons

greaters

11689A825E2381594A2F6F39D8FA7977F0E397B8

From the lich called Savir Bigr to the active one,they all have the kuva weapons I've already owned.What is this chance of getting the same weapons 10 in a row?Besides,none of them drop a ephemera,which means I've spent 10+ hours for nothing(really don't understand why remove 500 kuva from the thralls).I only got 8/13 kuva weapons after killing all these kuva liches.So DE really thinks this is ok to those players who might have bad luck collecting all weapons and ephemera?

Edited by greaters
  • Like 2

DE thinks it's okay for players to have massive bad luck streaks,  whatever the context, yes.

Took me 4 weeks of grinding to finally get Khora's systems.  I had all the other parts to make six Khoras,  and then after finding one and building her got 4 systems within a few days of casually doing SO.

Edited by Kingsmount
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kingsmount said:

Took me 4 weeks of grinding to finally get Khora's systems.  I had all the other parts to make six Khoras,  and then after finding one and building her got 4 systems within a few days of casually doing SO.

I maxed-out all 5 focus schools in ESO while actually aiming to get the Blazing Step Ephemera and still don't have it even though I've stockpiled over 16 million unused extra focus.

Some drop rates are nightmares.

Well there are only 13 weapons they can have and depending on how many you already had this isn't that unlikely. But we also don't yet know if the chance for each weapon is equal so the ones you still need could very well be more rare than the others.

But really this is just rng being rng, you can encounter this and worse everywhere else in the game just as well.

Edit: Didn't notice you did list the number of weapons you had and yeah it isn't terribly unlikely to not see the any of the last five across ten attempts. You are unlucky but not terribly so.

Edited by trst

Duplicate drops are a big problem, but let's not pretend like it is a problem only with lich weapons.

You know how many times I tried to get Mesa neuroptics (back when it took 3 coordianates, not 1 to get to mutalist alad v)? A lot. At least with liches, you can convert them, merge their weapon with your current one for a better elemental bonus, or have a variation of your weapon with different elemental bonuses...

You know what you can do with 20+ Mesa chassises? You can sell them for a tiny bit of credits, or in other words, JACK SH*T.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins

10 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

you can convert them, merge their weapon with your current one for a better elemental bonus, or have a variation of your weapon with different elemental bonuses

Yep you can convert them. Every lich converted after your first is a net of nothing though. You can only merge your weapon with a better elemental bonus if your bonus is better. The big problem here is that there is a very common gameplay loop where farming your lich nets you nothing. Players don't like netting zero reward in a reward driven game.

OP has done extreme grinding but he is a good example of where most players will be in a few weeks.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

Just now, Skaleek said:

Yep you can convert them. Every lich converted after your first is a net of nothing though. You can only merge your weapon with a better elemental bonus if your bonus is better. The big problem here is that there is a very common gameplay loop where farming your lich nets you nothing. Players don't like netting zero reward in a reward driven game.

11 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

You know what you can do with 20+ Mesa chassises? You can sell them for a tiny bit of credits, or in other words, JACK SH*T.

Tell me what is the net worth of getting a 20th, no, SECOND mesa chassis? Or a second acceltra bliueprint? Oh crap, it's 5k credits, WOW, how exciting. The reward for killing a lich is also getting rid of his influence and getting back your stolen stuff. Regarding converted liches, if DE has some sense, they will have uses, we will just have to wait and see.

Lich situation is NO DIFFERENT from other RNG grinds in this game, and in fact, probably gives THE MOST options on what to possibly do with a "duplicate drop". I am not saying it's good, but it is what it is. Grendel wiill most likely become my fastest to get Warframe ever, since no RNG on the parts.

21 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Tell me what is the net worth of getting a 20th, no, SECOND mesa chassis?

The net gain is a player left with a really bad experience in Warframe, honestly. A 20th moreso than a second. A second is a few minutes of wasted time. A 20th is a few hours, etc. A 20th is a kuva lich worth of wasted gameplay time.

Edited by Skaleek

2 hours ago, greaters said:

11689A825E2381594A2F6F39D8FA7977F0E397B8

From the lich called Savir Bigr to the active one,they all have the kuva weapons I've already owned.What is this chance of getting the same weapons 10 in a row?Besides,none of them drop a ephemera,which means I've spent 10+ hours for nothing(really don't understand why remove 500 kuva from the thralls).I only got 8/13 kuva weapons after killing all these kuva liches.So DE really thinks this is ok to those players who might have bad luck collecting all weapons and ephemera?

Good lord is my luck that good? I spawned only 7 and have 6 kuva weapons about to get my 7th. In this order.

KKracken

KQuartakk

KCharkkur

KBrakk

KSeer

KSheildeg

About to get my KDrakgoon soon. Hopefully a good start to an 8th weapon as well.

Assuming each weapon is equally likely, it will take the average player 41 liches to collect all 13 weapons: You can run the simulation yourself

90% of players will get all 13 weapons after 61 liches, and 99% of players will have them all after 90 liches.  Put another way, the unluckiest 1% of players will take more than 90 liches to obtain all 13 Kuva weapons.

It gets tougher the further you go.  It only takes an average of 6 liches to get any 5 of the weapons, an average of 18 liches to get any 10 of the weapons.  The more weapons you've collected the less likely you are to get one you don't already have.  It will take average of 28 liches to get 12 out of 13, and then an average of 13 more liches just to get the last one you don't have.

Well OP only farmed around 20 liches and he think he is entitled to have all 13 weapons already.

He got 8 out of 13, its good result. Especialy that the update is up for few days only. Come back in a month and tell me you still dont have all the weapons by doing liches at the speed you are doing then I will be concerned.

Today players are so spoon feed its scary. I remember playing Ragnarok Online in old days and we farmed in party 5 hours a day for a week just to get 1 level up.

Or farmed for cards which had 0,01% drop rate each - try to get one from shared world boss that spawn each 8 hours only once per whole server with such drop rate. Today grind is kindergarden and people still have problems.

The truth of world is simple, if you dont have a patience, will or time to do some activities in life, dont except them to pay off in any way.

• Like 6

I made a topic earlier about getting 3 of the same weapons, I now have 4 and just decided to quit this buggy mess for a while,  and if this is intentional then I see even more reason to stay away from this grindfest. All I wanted was a Brakk, been busy since the update dropped last week, guess it was not meant to be (drop dead rngesus).

hahahahahhaa and I just created my third one and is duplicated... Quartakk, ogris and now another ogris XDDD. Besides that I think Herflik is right, at that pace you will get the weapons in no time compared to others. I mean, since the update I did a lot of other things (play other games, videos, friends, family) XD plus farming the words is for me a little annoying because of the "relic system". With that much of liches farmed you pretty much only played warframe right¿?

@(XB1)Rust Plague Gear counts¿? in wich way¿? I know it counts the element bonus based on the warframe, so thats the reason because I change warframe, but I was leveling up the quartakk (wich I use it too for the first lich with the ogris), even if its a useless exterminate mission to create the lich. Dont want to keep changing gear randomly just because some hidden parameter. Anyway if you take it as a allied¿? what use have the lich¿? becaus if its really confirmed that weapons will be tradeable I have no problem on accumulate duplicates to trade it and get the weapons I need.

BTW... dont want to be rude but this system has to endure enough to give us content to play in a long time with railjack in mind too... farm the 13 weapons in literally less than a week or so its insane, then abandone the game to do other stuff and, not you but, I know ppl ending with a complain about the game for being boring and not having content for veterans.

Edited by Demaneth

Le 7/11/2019 à 7:21 PM, greaters a dit :

Do DE play warframe without hacks?

Edited by Pagasarri

On 2019-11-07 at 7:49 PM, CephalonSolo said:

Bad luck try changing Warframe it shouldn't matter but running the same Warframe all over it seems duplicate happens more often , of course if u are already at 10/12 weapons is just what it is .

Im on my 3rd lich 3 diffrent frames 3 diffrent weapons so maybe something to this.

Edited by Emolition