Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.6 + 26.0.6.1

[DE]Megan

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.6

We’re back again with our 7th Hotfix since The Old Blood’s initial release 7 days ago! We have a major improvement in the pipeline to release very soon: Kuva Lich Trading! There are also two issues we are looking to solve in a calculated and better thought-out way to avoid the scenario we created yesterday with fixing a bug. The first issue is making the co-operative aspect of Lich hunting rewarding, and the second is treating the condition of downing your Lich (despite not having the right Requiems) have a different flow in a mission.  Thank you for your patience!

We do have one feature that speaks to Duplicate weapon feedback available in this Hotfix: VALENCE TRANSFER!

New Kuva Weapon Combining: VALENCE TRANSFER
Replace a Kuva weapon’s innate damage bonus with one from another Kuva weapon of the same kind. This process destroys the donor weapon and overrides the previous Kuva weapons damage bonus.

For example: everything you've done on Kuva Seer A will stay (Forma, Potato, Lens, Mod Configs, Appearance Configs, etc) when Kuva Seer B is consumed. The buff from Kuva Seer B will be passed onto Kuva Seer A, and Kuva Seer B will cease to exist in your Inventory.

How to:

1. Head to your Arsenal
  2. Navigate to the Upgrade screen of the desired Kuva weapon
  3. Select ACTIONS and then the new VALENCE TRANSFER option 
  4. Select the Kuva weapon you would like to consume
  5. Type TRANSFER into the prompt to confirm the consumption - this also displays what buff you are replacing
  6. Grofit!

NOTE AS OF 5:49 EST: We are aware of an issue surrounding some Valence Transfers not working. We are looking into it right now.

General Kuva Lich Phase 2 Changes & Fixes:

• Improved the Kuva Lich “push beam” ability to not take as long to ramp up and not take as long to ramp down.
  • Fixed Kuva weapon Blueprints staying in the End Of Mission screen indefinitely after Vanquishing a Kuva Lich, regardless of missions run afterwards. 
  • Fixed Recovering all your Taxed items, including the Kuva weapon Blueprint, if you Vanquish your Kuva Lich and then abort the mission.
  • Fixed the Kuva Lich spawning inside Defense consoles, thus rendering them invincible. 
  • Fixed a case where Kuva Lich’s could break out of their downed state for Clients (and very, VERY rarely on Host) preventing the Mercy success/fail animations from playing.
  • Fixed Clients being left wielding their Parazon after Vanquishing their Kuva Lich.
  • Fixes towards Clients not playing the Mercy animation if a Host has already executed a Mercy. 
  • Fixed the Kuva Ogris not creating a fireball or any fire FX on impact if the Nightwatch Napalm Mod is equipped.
  • Fixed text on the Vanquish/Convert Kuva Lich screen being cut-off in localized languages. 
  • Fixed a script error when performing a Mercy on a Thrall.
  • Fixed a script error leading to frozen UI (and other things) if a player is killed during the Lich-stabbing sequence.

Melee Phase 2 Changes & Fixes:
Continued fixes and changes to Melee Phase 2 with more to come:

• Updated numerous Channeling Mods to read MELEE instead of CHANNELING.
  • Removed the tactical dodge multiplier when doing Parry+Dodge in Air. This resulted in a slow mid-air that was not useful for momentum. 
  • Fixed Exodia Valor increasing combo points on every Melee hit instead of just lifted enemies.
  • Fixed Focused Defense not applying correctly.
  • Fixed True Punishment not applying correctly.
  • Fixed Enduring Strike not detecting Lifted enemies.
  • Fixed Reflex Guard not applying correctly.
  • Fixed broken references to Heavy Slams on several weapons.

Fixes:

• Fixed inability to charge Operator Void Blast for Madurai Rising Blast. 
    • Due to Melee Phase 2 removing ‘hold to charge’ attacks, you’ll now always have a fully charged up Void Blast before attacking with Rising Blast. We’re investigating some other options to bring back its original functionality, where you can release the charge early, with the new Phase 2 mechanics.
  • Fixed Out of Sight Blind mechanic not functioning if the Mercy kill animation doesn’t play due to the target being awkwardly placed (close to a wall, etc). Out of Sight will now trigger if the Mercy animation doesn't play due to those restrictions. 
  • Fixed Blood for Ammo Parazon Mod not working if you don't have both a primary and secondary weapon equipped.
  • Fixed not being able to hit certain enemies with projectile weapons or if your shot started too close to them (most commonly seen in the Teralysts fights).
  • Fixed the Vasca Curative not working on your infected Smeeta Kavat. As reported here:
  • Fixed Corpus Nullifier bubbles regrowing when inside Grendel’s gut.
  • Fixed Ash’s Bladestorm mark FX not appearing on Ash if used while invisible.
  • Fixed a large amount of spot-loading when changing Loadouts in the Arsenal.
  • Fixed Mecha Mod set bonus being applied to the Helminth Charger.
  • Fixed custom colors not applying to Titania’s Empress Skin when in Razorwing.
  • Fixed Titania’s Dendrite Gunblade Skin not displaying properly in its diorama.
  • Fixed an FX memory leak with Ember’s Fireball.
  • Fixed an FX memory leak with the Spore Ephemera. 

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.6.1

Fixes:

• Fixed Valence Transfer not applying to the Kuva Shildeg and Kuva Ayanga. 

Thanks for the hotfix.

Can we get a revision to the bloodrush change?

Crit chance, from maiming strike, sacrificial steel, rivens and otherwise is basically a dead stat now.

Which really sucks.

To an extend the same can be said for +damage and condition overload but I think that's less of a problem by comparison.

I really like the range changes, the blocking changes, and even the way maiming strike was nerfed. The overall stat changes are mostly good. Some people might disagree with this but I think the overall powerlevel of melee post-changes is pretty reasonable.

This is so close to being all around great, we just need modding melees to make sense again. Right now it just doesn't. This change reduced the number of viable mods to the point where picking the 8 best is no longer difficult.

Changing a mandatory mod in way which kills off a core stat is just not a good idea. I wanna make absolutely clear that the requests for having this change reverted has nothing to do with the overall powerlevel, and everything to do with how it breaks modding.

Also I really like the kuva liches, moreso with each hotfix. I hope we continue to see improvements towards balancing the murmur/brute force progression. 30/30/50 for the murmur requirements feels a bit strange. I think 20/30/40 would feel better.

Thank you for the constant patches towards this Update more than usual.

Valence Transfer isn't the worst thing, but if I get a high 55+% elemental roll, what exactly does this accomplish for duplicates I receive that are low percentages? Also, we still cannot trade or cancel contracts, so being locked into 45 minutes+ of grind for absolutely nothing is frustrating. It would be nice if we could re-roll contracts with Kuva.

Also, it would be nice if we could see the percentage chance a Lich can have an Ephemera equipped.

All this time wasted towards useless duplicate kuva weapons...

Can't we just choose the weapon we want the lich to have after we created it. And then basically just grind for the max stats?

That way the only RNG is the look of the lich and the power stat of the weapon and that should be enough.

"Kuva Lich Trading" curious to see that in place.

Since we have had no new playable content in months, it would be nice if that this new aproach to old content gets polished. I got 3x the same weapon (all of them with low % bonus) on my 1st 5 liches.

Can we just get the 10 thralls for anyone in a squad trying to kill his lich back? This grind is already tedious enough as is, was the only reason keeping a lot of people going. Everyone's just tired of it now.
Pubs are more toxic than fun at the moment with everyone yelling "stab yours i need mine to spawn".

Spoiler

Z067piq.png

Make lich companions useful, thanks. The reward of choosing to vanquish vs convert is not balanced. Right now feels like a big joke and waste of time to convert your lich. They just show up in your mission, do nothing but lag your game and then leave.

Thanks for all the fixes. Glad that these are being dealt with rapidly so soon after the update.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

We have a major improvement in the pipeline to release very soon: Kuva Lich Trading! There are also two issues we are looking to solve in a calculated and better thought-out way to avoid the scenario we created yesterday with fixing a bug. The first issue is making the co-operative aspect of Lich hunting rewarding, and the second is treating the condition of downing your Lich (despite not having the right Requiems) have a different flow in a mission.

What I really am wanting is this trading system though (ephemera liches trading ooof) . Still feels horrible playing with people after the "bug fix". I really think something like 5x murmurs for helping a friend attempt to kill a lich would help immensely.

5% rant
0% chill
60% things that keep "Liching" your will
1% pleasure
34% pain
and 100% reasons not to keep playing the game!

Seriously, this is my thought on the U26

Lunaro got butchered, murmur shared progres no more, at least i am waiting for this "lich/duplicate" trading mechanism, sounds promising, though if it will require even more resources to be able to make something like a "buyout" of the lich from a clan member or other player i will commit sudoku.

Also how the hell lich can steal mods and rewards from conclave???

Please bring back Team-wide Murmur progress when failing to execute a Lich. I've seen people extract while others were fighting their lich, or people being abandoned to fight for themselves and dying because of it. Furthermore, I have no reason to play with friends because their liches are on other planets, so I literally have nothing to gain.

Please do not promote this toxicity.

Please let us trade weapons. I don't understand this change, its nice sure, but the problem people are facing is cause they DON'T want 30 Kuva Stubbas, they want to get the weapon they want. It is such a slog to grind through everything to just get a new lich with the SAME WEAPON.

4 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

New Kuva Weapon Combining: VALENCE TRANSFER
You can now combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma, Exilus, Potato, and Lens investment.

For example: everything you've done on Kuva Seer A will stay (Forma, Potato, Lens, Mod Configs, Appearance Configs, etc) when Kuva Seer B is consumed. The buff from Kuva Seer B will be passed onto Kuva Seer A, and Kuva Seer B will cease to exist in your Inventory.

Exactly as I hoped it would work.

Archived