Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.6 + 26.0.6.1

[DE]Megan

Hi, think I found a possible bug or error. I was fighting my Lich on one of the Gas City tilesets on Jupiter, and the Lich used its Stampede ability and sent itself over one of the railings. This ended up 'defeating' it (I have only tested one Requiem so far), and I believe I was still given progress towards the Requiem Murmur. However, I had expected the Lich to just respawn itself back onto the ground, instead of actually DYING. I was completely cheated out of being able to test the current Murmur order I had from the previous known Requiems I managed to grind out.

Hope some kind of fix can come for that, because that is very frustrating when your Lich just runs off a cliff (in this case a railing), and you didn't even get to test your Requiems for the correct order.

I think the hotfixes are great. My concern is towards converted liches, as they currently do little good. In fact, they've done MORE harm with all the host migrations upon spawning in to assist, dealing little to negligible damage. They might as well be armed with peashooters with base 1 impact damage.

I would also like a surefire way to call them in to assist in missions as a PERMANENT ally(for the 1 mission they spawn in) with perhaps a squad of grineer bodyguards.

Perhaps a new segment upgrade for the orbiter radio(the one that exists to annoy most players) could be crafted to enable communication with our converted liches. Then there's an hourly spawn timer for them, and we can manually call them in by interacting with the radio before a mission. Otherwise we could have the option to pay them a credit fee(bonus credits to bring in followers) to have them assist.

The liches were supposedly grineer supersoldiers, yet as I said, they did more harm to players than were an asset. Some fixes and additions mentioned above would make them WORTH converting, else we might as well just vanquish them all for bps.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.6

We’re back again with our 7th Hotfix since The Old Blood’s initial release 7 days ago! We have a major improvement in the pipeline to release very soon: Kuva Lich Trading! There are also two issues we are looking to solve in a calculated and better thought-out way to avoid the scenario we created yesterday with fixing a bug. The first issue is making the co-operative aspect of Lich hunting rewarding, and the second is treating the condition of downing your Lich (despite not having the right Requiems) have a different flow in a mission.  Thank you for your patience!

Thank you for addressing this issue.

This is just a suggestion but I think, in my opinion, the most simplest fix for rewards, and the most rewarding rewards, is having our murmur bar filled whenever we help our teammates kill their kuva lich, which again, people usually encounter their kuva lich while farming for murmur. Make it so our teammate would receive 5x or maybe 3x murmur than killing a thrall, if you decided to add a certain range for our teammate to get the murmur, I believe 5x should be the standard, because of their extra effort to actually stick around to help us. As a result, people would actually help their teammate kills their lich so our own lich can spawn, and then in turn, we would get their help too, so pretty much everyone would get 15x or 13x plus any thrall that we kill and how many requiem is correct. That way, grinding for murmur wouldn't be such a hassle and wouldn't turn people to their selfish side.

I hope that DE could create a solution that is fun, useful and encourage more people to help their teammates with their kuva lich.

Best of luck DE

This is some awesome stuff, and I have been experiencing some odd glitch when I head to Maroo's Bazaar to trade with people I look around and none of the display screens that inform people what the sellers are wanting to trade are showing up. It's just invisible. I don't know if this is a setting that I turned off or if this is actually a glitch. I would like to be able to see what people are offering again.

mJEdjfq.png

I see a LOT of complaining and some constructive criticism, but I for one am glad that new things to do keep being implemented even if it's not exactly playable content as much as it is side stuff to do during current content.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Liches as far as their resistances/armor, good strategies to fight them either solo or in a group (Especially after they've ranked up), and my ONLY real complaint is how the weapon your lich rolls is entirely random with no way to influence the weapon at all, and of course the fact you need to just keep rolling liches until you get that coveted 60% bonus roll on a weapon you like.

It would be interesting if you could weigh the odds in favor of a weapon you want by attacking/downing the Larvling with a particular weapon type (For example, if you damage the Lich with an explosive weapon like Penta, Tonkor, Ogris, it would be more likely to roll Kuva Tonkor or Kuva Ogris, same with semi auto rifles, auto rifles, shotguns, secondaries, etc.).

Definitely not a "guarantee" if that's the major concern, but just a way to shift the balance in favor of a weapon you still need.

Also, a way to influence how powerful the bonus your lich gets in its chosen element (Damaging the Larvling with weapons that have a matching or complementary elemental type could potentially add a bonus to its elemental connections up to the 60% cap).

Both of these would be ways you could influence your Lich, though they would have to be balanced.

There's the common complaint that others are not sacrificing themselves to their Liches and DE seems to want to keep the enemy personal while still encouraging co-op play. Question is how to do that....as it is now, I'd rather farm all the Murmurs and THEN make an attempt (even though I wish there was a way to learn the order toocause quite frankly, going to my death willingly? Just doesn't sit well with me. I know Warframe is the type of game where your mods and leveling stuff plays a part, and you can't get through on skill alone, but going into a situation just to die on purpose seems wrong.

If it was an intense battle that relied on reflexes and accuracy and quick thinking and I died? Yeah, I'd be fine with that. Cause it's on me.

Purposefully going to die to make progress is something a lot of players don't seem to like. And it's the main reason I refuse to fight my Lich till I have all 3 Requiems discovered. 

Gunblades, Glaives and the Zenistar are STILL screwed up from this update. Either the changes were intended (so be it) or the problem is just being ignored. I would like to request some kind of statement on the state of secondary fire melee weapons in this game at present.

All three weapon types have major issues because of the update.

Thank you for your time.

1) Gunblades secondary fire is not triggering in some situations, and sometimes becomes completely non-functional.

The "hold E" mechanic should be restored as a trigger for the secondary fire from this weapon.

2) Glaives are no longer exploding on impact, but are now requiring a second trigger to explode in all cases.

Explode on contact should be restored to this weapon.

3) Zenistar stands at a 7 second spawn if not first charged with a combo counter charging melee attack, which renders the disc next to useless to those that used it as a AoE that did not alert enemy NPCs, awkward to use if there is a need to recast (have to recharge) and as a point defense device...the likely three most common ways the disc was used.

Zenistar base duration should be boosted to at least 30 seconds and combo effect reduced. Would be best to restore it to 45 seconds, but 30 would be sufficient in most cases.

This could be an opportunity to introduce a "melee throw/fire" mechanic using "hold E" as the trigger mechanic. You could allow ALL melee weapons to be thrown, perhaps in an arc in front of the player, and simply restore the operation of former secondary fire melee weapons in the same stroke.

50 minutes ago, Cheetahofthewind13 said:

please for the love of god bring back the attempting to kill your lich gives murmurs to your squad, like holy S#&$ you're better playing lich missions solo now because of it because the A******s are now the majority in lich missions AGAIN.

also can requiem mods have 5 charges instead of 3 that be nice if you're going to keep them uncommon in the relics.

I definitely agree. They should be trying to reduce the grind for this instead of adding more boring grind. 

Thanks for the continuous hotfixes DE, its nice to know that you are listening and taking into consideration player feedback: 
Feedback for 26.06.1

KUVA LITCHES

-Duplicated weapons are definitely still an issue, especially when its a multi-layered grind which already has a RNG in place for damage values. Grind upon grind with RNG upon RNG isn't a fun gameplay loop, its a boring chore. Please don't keep heading in that direction, DE. Some just want to get them for the MR, and not keep grinding them for the best stat possible. As told by numerous players, after getting several duplicates; it really turns off players (even some of us MR27s slogging KL to 28) from the whole game in general -- especially if this is the precedent of how you'll make new content 'last' from now on.

Possible solution: Allow trading of unleveled kuva weapons to unleveled kuva weapons only. That way, you could keep it out of the platinum market and a player must have put in the effort to slog through getting one themselves. This can be done by creating another set in the trading window, much like items and mods are separate -- with a check if both items are indeed kuva weapons.

-Litch appearance after a failed attempt sometimes need way too many missions in between. Especially after you already completed the murmur clues and have the learned of the correct mod sequence. The worst I had was 7-8 missions after getting him to 4 and learning of the proper sequence the hard way (killing tons of thralls along the way). Tried solo so no one else's thralls with spawn, or in groups. Suggest that their bar completely don't fall off to 'uninterested' from 'fuming' in a failed attempt, especially during lvl 4-5, and after you already figured out the order. It just feels like yet another tedious content padding. 

VAUBAN, THE TRAIN MAN

First of all, thank you for listening to feedback, and in reducing Vauban's tesla charge time and orbital laser animation time, it gives us hope to Vauban players that his rework is still in progress. For the longest time he was my most used frame, now 2nd.

When playing with veteran players (high 20's -28's), Vauban just keeps getting left behind in point to point missions like exterminate. There's something wrong with him if his 'ideally planned' combo makes you wait for a ridiculously long throw animation (bastille anim time wasn't lessened) > wait for ball to drop and turn into bastille > have tea while bastille strips armor away per tick > collapse to vortex while calling laser > wait for said laser (thankfully animation times here was reduced) > wait for blast to get the loot.

Even then, damage wise, that's not as effective as just letting enemies stay in the bastille (to keep stripping defenses) and fire at them with a weapon instead, while bringing tesla bank to spread it. At 100 str, it takes 10 whole seconds to strip away defenses, and that is an eternity in warframe combat. In fact, I only found his animation time for throwing bastille acceptable WITH natural talent, which shouldn't be a requirement; his mod slots are strained as it is needing range, strength to strip, and efficiency. Heck, even WITH natural talent, you can't do a bullet jump and finish charging his 1 before coming down, making him stutter stop while your team ever gets further away. If the only way for Vauban to keep up with teammates is just to rely on throwing 1 ball every now and then and just shoot, then its such a waste of skills.

In relation to modding. Vauban's base stats should be altered. Why? a lvl 80ish grineer (you know, the one you face in kuva litch grinds) can one-shot a Vauban Prime from full shield + full health. Try it, don't put any defensive mod that will add life/armor/shields/reduction and let the grineer sneeze on you. Silly you, why not add some defensive mods then? Like I said before, Vauban is already quite taxed in mods needing range, strength to strip, and efficiency to keep up with costs. Since Vauban was just relegated to CC before, he really didn't need str since his old skills weren't worth it to use as damage anyway. And now, with the very, very slow bastille; coupled with the long charge to tesla, you're making Natural Talent an almost mandatory mod for him to carry. And if you want to be at least decent at damage, you'll have to carry Tesla Bank as well ... that's two mod slots already. Even a frame like Khora can at least take a shot. 

But hey, Vauban wasn't meant to be used for point to point missions right? Right now, Vauban is extremely flawed in static missions like defense. Main reason? auto collapsing of bastille to vortex, instead of just separating the two with a tap and a hold.

Why is that? Vortex's mechanics are quite situational, and there are times where you would want to keep enemies just far away instead with bastille. When you place a bastille and vortex on the same spot, the vortex would win over and suck up the ones in bastille. But hey, I just want to wail on enemies stuck in the vortex, while the ones in stuck in bastille are being stripped of defenses ... well sure, you have to place the bastille a little bit further out then, which leads to an ever-furthering line of vortexes and bastilles, which leads to visual diarrhea/ terrorism.   

Even then, Vauban's vortex makes him a terrible choice for veteran groups doing long resource farming defense / survival runs, even casually. There's a reason why people look for a speedva during those runs, and wisps there shouldn't put down long range shock motes. Make enemies get to you quicker = more loot / more life support. Vortex actually make those runs longer and inefficient since enemies often get caught up in railings, walls, elevation differences, boxes and just be stuck there instead getting to the group quickly. Nidus' larva grab works a lot better since it can be cast a little off the floor to get some elevation, along with it being non-continuous. While making vortex grab thru walls like an inter-dimensional vortex can be OP; perhaps something like the enemy AI will keep along their pre-determined path every time they make a 'not moving' check until they finally reach the vortex.

Bastille while indeed buffed with its armor strip is not exactly up to par either. Its a relic of the past overshadowed by newer frames which can CC much more enemies like Khora's strangledome, (not even counting how well it synergizes with dmg from her 1, and how it has a wonderful pilfer augment). Bastille raising a paltry 10 enemies just seems left behind along with coptering. A lot of frames that can remove enemy defenses can do so either instantly with a high str or in two taps. waiting for bastille to 'tick' them down, 10 whole seconds at 100 str feels just like an insult in comparison. So even If you're in a situation where you would want a vortex instead, you're forced to wait on bastille for the strip. Either keep the strip along with vortex/ have it actually do meaningful damage like strong slashes or make those bastille strip MUCH faster / instant based on str.

MELEE

Like in my previous feedback. the removal of Rapiers' free movement was a big disappointment. They were already a niche used by few players. Weak range offset by being allowed to move freely mid-combo, and being being able to do hold down the button combos. It was elegant, graceful, and most of all fun ... embodiment of of the quick hit and run tactics of fencers. Now, its just stuck to a predetermined movement on the combo, killing any difference or niche it previously had.

Zenistar disc right now is more of a hassle to keep flying / raising the combo bar to make it worthwhile using.

Thrown melee is now way more clunkier and longer to use, especially with a controller. With heavy attack now switched to the old channeling button, you have to go to 'melee mode' first, THEN push the old channeling button. Am definitely in the camp that the previous button implementation made more sense.

18 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Thank you for making Valence Transfer free instead of requiring some new item or whatever. 

Are seriously going to bow our heads jusy because they gave an "answer" to problems created entirely by them?

The fact that the Valence Transfer does NOTHING to fix any of the problems related to this update makes me wonder what is their definition of "handling stuff correctly"

3 minutes ago, The-Almighty said:

Are seriously going to bow our heads jusy because they gave an "answer" to problems created entirely by them?

Bit melodramatic, don't you think? 

5 minutes ago, The-Almighty said:

the Valence Transfer does NOTHING to fix any of the problems related to this update

I disagree.

If you want to keep Requiems in the game, at least give us ability to kill Lich without them, not forever, just for this mission. Like, we can take the Lich down as the whole team, it goes to bleed state, if you have the mods, you can try them - if you not, Lich just disappears after bleeding. Both of the outcomes give murmurs to the whole team. After being "killed" it becomes more enraged.

If you want to kill it once and for all - then you treat it with Requiems. But at least it will solve the problem of players fleeing from their Liches, with this feature everyone will try to help each other, because it's profitable for everyone just to deal with the Lich as soon as possible, but you'll still have this "personal villain" flavor, because only the progenitor user can kill it for real. 

Still, I would prefer the system from the Shadow of War, where you don't have to have any mods and you can start to take down your nemeses from the get go. Just discard this whole Requiem system, it's totally unfun.

Make us have dozens of personal bosses, so we don't have to reroll or trade Liches all the time, allow us to make them go after each other, allow us to train and manage them. Or you can combine both of my suggestions:  allow Lich to be downed by every player, but only the progenitor can kill it. WITHOUT ANY MODS. It can return later even if you stab it with your Parazon. Or might not. 

Or, if you still want to have Requiems, allow us to kill Liches without any mods, but just make it 25% possibility, that Lich will return several times stronger, than before. So, if we want to kill it for good, we would have to use Requiems.

But as I said, this whole Requiem thing is just so unfun and grindy, that you should just leave it out completely. 

2 hours ago, lemonforest said:

As a Revenant main, my liches are always born of Revenant so why do they always do ice damage and the weapons have ice bonuses?

Because the element is directly tied to the frame; see this reddit post for more info on what does what (I know it's for ephemera, but it applies to weapons as well).

In general, just dump the whole "Requiem" system. Liches can be fun, but truly brain-less and gain-less grinding for a combination that then needs more grinding for relics that then needs MORE grinding for the right mods... that's just annoying. There's already enough incentive in farming liches with all the weapons and armors and, more importantly, Ephemera, that all the mandatory (<key problem) grinding just makes the whole update feel like a desperate attempt to buy time.

12 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Bit melodramatic, don't you think? 

I disagree.

How does the transfer fix any of the issues related to the many layers of grind? What happens once you get a big % weapon, what are you going to do with the dupes that you'll get afterward?
Because chances are you'll get more dupes as long as you keep doing Liches. Tell me, i'd like to know.

Hi DE Megan, i am sorry that i have to type here i hope you do not see it as an insult or a harsh criticism but i have been farming Adaro for the past day now as well as Other level 20 and above Grineer missions but am unable to spawn a new Kuva Larvae to get a new Kuva lich. it has been happening to a Very very small amount of the Commuinity who's name Either have multiple capital letters or having multiple characters just as Periods and Underscores. I hope you guys can fix it soon as it is actually getting mildly Infuriating that this could actually happen to some players. I hope you all can try and fix this as soon as possible, even if its affected like. 0.001% of your player base. thank you ^^

Two quick things:
Allow inter-weapon upgrade transfers, which doesn't happen now. So if weapon 1 has a tater and a forma and weapon 2 has a forma, allow those upgrades to combine together regardless of what weapon gets eaten or not, so in this case, there will be a chosen weapon that has a tater plus 2 formas.

Transferring should allow us to choose which name to keep or even let us erase the name tied to the weapon. For example, weapon 1: hoddr hed Kuva Karak, weapon 2: iggna rog Kuva Karak, people can either pick any of the name or combination of like hoddr rog Kuva Karak OR wipe out the name and just leave it as Kuva Karak.

Archived