Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.6 + 26.0.6.1

[DE]Megan

I'm glad that you're addressing the problems of co-op Kuva Lich hunting that was created in the last update as well as weapon trading to reduce the repetition of similar weapons. However, I feel that you are leaving the veterans in the dark again for not informing us whether you are considering allow us to combat with Kuva Lich Thralls and the Kuva Lich itself in sorties, arbitrations, and even open world. Are you discussing about this?

I dont want lich's weapons to be tradeable which will make the game too fast to complete. The fusing is not promising enough because sometimes the weapons are the prizes which not all people want to use it.

So please add dropped resource on top of convert function, like 10000, 15000 or 20000 kuva which is calculated relevant to the time invested in killing a lich. And to be honest, I dont feel like lich fighting for you is a good idea, so just turn convert function into all resources which can be used elsewhere.

While I am enjoying the Lich system even with it's real rough edges. I have to say 4-5 kohms in a row is putting me off entirely. Was someone actually using Exodia Valor? I ask because if someone is juggling enemies, they clearly forgot to equip mods in their weapon.

Can we get a list of the mods moved to melee in case something is now useful again? Because Heavy Attacks, and everything attached to them(mods and arcanes) are never going to be used by me, as they  have no real use, and disrupt the flow of combat entirely. I used channeling all the time, because it actually had uses, heavy attacks just don't.

Also any chance of getting the option of keybinding primary, and secondary separately? The change guns keybinding has some real odd reactions at times. I would really like to get back to being able to draw the weapon I want, when I want, without the cycling weapon nonsense.

Doing a valence transfer guns can up the ele % - that would make getting repeat crap rolls more stomachable - eg get 25% and 27% seers, the combined form keeps the forma/exilus progress, and goes to 35% ele instead of 25 or 27, that way getting duplicates that are equally crap (or maybe even worse variants) isn't so much of a waste of player time. Then say you get another 28% seer, combine that, and your "master" weapon goes to 40%, etc.  This would allow player agency to improve their weapon mitigating some of the RNG frustration, keep duplicate liches relevant longer giving the whole system longevity, and maintain the covert/kill decision relevancy for longer as well.

Otherwise, even with murmurs going faster, it's hard to feel good about grinding for a turd when you get low % elemental rolls.  Even saying "Hey you can combine a 25% with a 27% and get... a 27%.  Wow, really?  What a huge improvement, THAT makes it worth the grind.

Also, what if we also took a maxed disposition weapon out of the spawn rotation?  Like say you get 5 cold seers, by combining them you wind up working up to a 60% or whatever max is cold seer.  From that point on, you have a 0% chance to spawn a lich with a cold seer (could still proc rad seer or toxic, etc by choosing to use a different frame for that element).  In terms of lore, maybe say the lich knows through kuva-magic of it's brethrens failure to off you with the cold seer, so they refuse to try again with a weapon that has proven a failure.

This would encourage people to keep playing even when they keep getting the same, because not only will it always make their existing one better (whether higher or lower % roll), but it also gives a finite amount of repetition where by completing the weapon you guarantee other drops.  This will help with the frustration of people getting copies of weapons instead of new ones to a degree.

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Melee Phase 2 Changes & Fixes:
Continued fixes and changes to Melee Phase 2 with more to come:

• Updated numerous Channeling Mods to read MELEE instead of CHANNELING.
  • Removed the tactical dodge multiplier when doing Parry+Dodge in Air. This resulted in a slow mid-air that was not useful for momentum. 
  • Fixed Exodia Valor increasing combo points on every Melee hit instead of just lifted enemies.
  • Fixed Focused Defense not applying correctly.
  • Fixed True Punishment not applying correctly.
  • Fixed Enduring Strike not detecting Lifted enemies.
  • Fixed Reflex Guard not applying correctly.
  • Fixed broken references to Heavy Slams on several weapons.

reflect_mod.PNG

I'm going to try posting my idea in better formatting, in hopes that a dev will read it.

For this example we'll use a 35% heat Karak and a 25% heat Karak:

Lets say I have the 25% at rank 40 with a potato and the 35% is the new weapon

• Can only Valence weapons with the same element
  • When doing Valence the higher % weapon will always be used as the base, even if its the new weapon
  • Still transfers your forma, potatos and ranks
  • The lower % weapon applies ~10% of its value through Valence (eg: 25% adds 2.5%, so we end up with 37.5% total)

This keeps DE's RNG and grind, and gives us a reason to care about dupe weapons. This will keep people playing the content for longer to max out the element on their weapons, while having visible progression. With the current system, we have absolutely no use for weapons that have a lower % than our current one, running the lich is a complete waste of time.

PS: let us recharge requiem mods with Kuva. Let us use Kuva in place of void traces on requiem relics

I know I've posted this on other places, but would a system where we could bribe or abandon the current lich be that bad? So we would have go after another kuva ling to roll the RNG dice again, even if you think you don't want us doing this all day lock it to maybe 3-5 abandons per login cycle? Thank you for hopefully reading this

So basically if you jsut end up getting a horrible lich weapon roll for elemental %.  Say its also an inferior element like accidentally getting a lich taht gives impact instead of an element.  Having said lich weapon is still pointless then unless for some unknown reason you wanted to have a say "impact Drakgoon" over an elemental one...

Thanks for the update but this still doesn't resolve the primary issue of duplicate weapon liches.  Now with the transfer its a CHANCE a very slim chance but a chance none the less to NOT be an entire waste of time when you kill the larva and spawn a new lich and get a drastically inferior elemental %.  Or you forgot to switch to a certain warframe to get a certain element.  

I think there needs to be a way to either reroll the lich entirely or a way to guarantee the % for the elemental bonus when defeating the lich larva.  For example.  When you fight the larva, the frame you use will dictate the elemental bonus but if you use weapons with said bonus damage on it the amount of damage dealt of that particular TYPE of elemental damage would dicate the overal bonus % once the lich is spawned.  So if I used ember and used ignis with only heat damage on the ignis.  I would get a heat elemental bonus due to ember and sicne I defeated the larva with PURELY heat only there would be a elemental bonus of 90%-100%.  Numbers are relative ofc but this is simply an example.  Since I have a worthless lich weapon, several infact that even with the valince transfer system they still are worthless since I would never transfer the inferior to a superior.

I sure am ready to have a fun weekend with no proper tweaks to the unholy amount of murmur grind for the second week in a row. Wonder if an update adressing that will come out a couple weeks later, just like what happened when Nidus had his missions "broken" lmao. I bet that would be a good luck, everyone will sing praises about how just and awesome you people are.

The probability of seeing more than 2 of the same weapon in 5 liches from 13 total winds up being 0.4%... and that's just this case. Apparently people are getting 4 or 5 duplicates in a row which winds up to impossible odds (<< 0.01%). Just seeing the amount of people with duplicates, is absurd. It'd be nearly impossible for the weapon type to not be affected by something.

If it is weighted by warframe, weapon, location, etc and DE wants us to figure it out on our own, could it at least confirmed that the weapon is affected by something (or intended to at least)? Because as it is, I don't think anyone is willing to spend the effort into what might just end up being a bug.

Hey. Lich system interesting.

Request: Retention of some aspect of Valence-Transferred weapons? Either simply as trophies to immortalize (ha) the nemesis we stabbed to get them, or as swappable bits to switch between kuva weapons (presumably of the same type), so as to make taking down a lich with a duplicate weapon have a nice prize to it beyond just clearing the way for a new lich.

whens dat lich trading coming ???? im on my 15th lich and i still have only 4/13 weps ??!?!

i dont have a problem on the layers and layers of rng for to kill 1 lich but atleast make a bad luck protection like evry 2nd ord 3rd wep to be a one you dont own

Archived