Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.6 + 26.0.6.1

[DE]Megan

I'm loving this patch with the liches and new melee changes especially. That being said, the grind for liches and their weapons is still a bit much given that you can't reroll your lich and their weapon. Moreover, the last murmur you have to kill thralls for feels like it takes so long in comparison, could we have that reduced? I think a linear progression system for the murmurs would be best instead of an increasing amount of thrall kills, it makes the grind feel unpleasant as you progress. I also want to mention being on my third lich and getting the same weapon as my first lich was extremely disappointing and I think any player would feel the same with the current amount of time spent having to actually get to kill a lich. On a final note I gotta say I love the mercy kills on thralls, can we have more of that please? I don't think anyone would complain to having more thralls spawn in a mission. Maybe having them spawn in groups of 1-4 depending on how many are in a group? This might make playing public with other tenno a lot more fun than some are saying as of right now as well as make the grind less tedious.

The only changes I think would be needed are one of the two: 

-Adjust and lower amount needed for murmurs or allow more thralls to spawn in missions and in groups of 1-4 based on group size. 

AND

-Allow the use kuva, argon or some other resource to reroll a lich contract so player that get duplicates for a weapon they already have.

Am 8.11.2019 um 00:25 schrieb Zoero:

combining two weapons is still not the fix we might really need. I feel that in order to make kuva lich experience more rewarding you need to be able to combine two weapons regardless of bonus % (given they are the same element bonus) and increase the bonus of the main weapon. Example:

My kuva tonkor has a bonus of 38% elemental. My new lich has a 25% elemental bonus. In the current hotfix/update, I would need my lich to have a weapon of 39% or higher in order to receive a benefit. Therefore, I am wasting my time and requiem mods hunting down this lich with a sub-par bonus.

Proposed change:

My tonkor has 38%, Lich has 25%. Once killed I can fuse the two adding part of the bonus to my 38% tonkor. Ideally half of that 25% but I can understand that being too strong, I would be happy with 1/10th (2.5% increased.) This might help people feel their work was not in vain as every lich kill has the potential to add some progress to your builds, albeit small.

Unless the new system actually works like this and megan miss-phrased it, i don't see this being a fix for the layers of RNG, just a fix to the people who are lucky to get a better weapon while still making us feel we waste our time 90% of the time.

Yes, thats the biggest problem imo. I like your solution.

Good News re PC CONTROLLER

Restored my  full L2 funtions.

Updates & hotfixes  have affdcted my controller function previously but a Restore Defaults  usually did the trick. Not So with the newest.

Specifically selecting the type of controller (ps4) and then resetting the custom/keybinding options to defaults is what was needed. 

On 2019-11-07 at 5:13 PM, Senguash said:

Thanks for the hotfix.

Can we get a revision to the bloodrush change?

Crit chance, from maiming strike, sacrificial steel, rivens and otherwise is basically a dead stat now.

All of those mods you listed were useless before old blood as well.. the only one that isn't 'useless' is rivens but IMHO rivens should be just be taken out of the game not balanced around.

And Maiming Strike has been a sub par and boring way to play melee ever since the dokrahm came out, and still is.

Bleed damage is even more broken then before with the heavy attack!!!

Seriously why build anything else when a heavy attack throw of the wolf hammer can do bleed of 52K damage with S#&$ty mods,

even worst melee combo efficiency+ heavy attack mods on any glaive juste make insane AoE damage when you build combo...

corrupt charge, drifting contatc, reflect coil, focus energy, killing blow, primed serration

So something I've noticed is Vasca Kavats not getting the attention I feel they should, so I'm going to bring this up here. This is my first time ever leaving a comment on the forum, so if I should put this somewhere else, do tell me. 

Vasca Kavats will commonly just seemingly "get stuck" at different locations, not under objects or map elements, but just rather stop moving altogether. If downed and revived, they will begin moving again. 

Vasca Kavats also seem to not use Draining Bite as often as they should, as my Kavat struggles to heal itself in the slightest despite rather actively attacking enemies. If them not using it is a bug, it should obviously be fixed. If them not using it is based on a pretty hefty cooldown, that should also be adjusted, as right now Draining Bite is simply inferior to even mods like Medi-Pet kit in sustaining my Kavat, let alone mods like Pack Leader. This is a shame, because I'd really like to use Draining Bite because of how thematically fitting it is for the Vasca Kavat. If these two issues were resolved, it would significantly improve the Vasca Kavat's usability. 

Thanks!

I'd like to preface this post by saying that I am not mad at DE, the developers, or anyone who had a hand in making this update or the game in general. I love this game from the bottom of my heart, and few other games have made me feel so engaged in both story and gameplay for such a long time. I have been playing for 4 years, and I hope I never stop, but with the direction this update has gone, I'm scared for Warframe's future. Sure, that might sound a little dramatic, but the feeling is legitimate. That's why I need to post my thoughts and feedback about the current update (which may come off as disorganized and I apologize for that), because I see things I don't like and don't understand, and I need clarification. Or something needs to change, and for the better. Strap in, this is gonna be a long one.

Let's start things off with the biggest part of the update and what I really want to focus on: the Kuva Liches.

The Liches, as they are right now, feel incredibly underwhelming. They've been advertised as our nemesis, our adversary, our personal villain. It doesn't feel like that. They feel like a watered down idea of what the Tennocon reveal presented. They just tax us when we do missions on the planet they took over, and occassionally show up to fight us. That's it. There's no build-up, there's no engaging dialogue or cutscenes. It's just some quips from them and nothing else. Back then, the Lich that was shown felt like it was a true threat to the origin system, and it's dialogue even backed that up: it came back after being killed time and time again (like a Lich actually should), stealing different Warframe powers from the ones that killed it, amassing an army the player had fought and vanquished, and eventually gotten a galleon to use in its conquest that we had to obliterate or suffer the consequences. It felt like it would truly be a fight for our lives when we finally encounter our Lich, and when we finally took it down we'd feel like we accomplished something and could breathe a sigh of relief. Because at least—for now—our greatest foe is out of the picture.

Right now, it doesn't feel like that. It feels like an absolute chore and responsibility than an engaging gameplay mechanic. I will note that the option to opt-in-or-out is great, and it gives newer players time to do things before they want to take on a Lich, or gives more veteran players a way to do other things instead of having to constantly focus on a Lich they can't avoid. But right now, it doesn't feel like the Lich has an impact. It has no narrative structure in what it does or where it goes. It's just kind of...there. We just kill the Larvaling, and out pops the Lich, with no real build-up or conflict before it just taxes our mission rewards on the planet it's set itself up on. It doesn't do much else, and that's very disappointing. Sure, we kill its Thralls to reveal the murmurs that then reveal what Requiem Mods we need to use to defeat it, which then makes it angry and gives us a higher chance to attack us, but that's it. The Lich has no significance outside of that. It's an inconvenience more than anything if it expands to other planets.

Why are the Liches like this? It feels like the Stalker, just ludicrously tanky, that pops in whenever and just snaps our back if we have the wrong combination of Requiem mods. Why can't we 'kill' the Lich with the order we have, but it comes back and maybe gains a new Warframe power? That's what I imagined would happen with what was shown in the Tennocon footage. The Lich even had specific lines about how Volt's lightning surged through it's body, and how it was defeated time and time again but just came back stronger and angrier. Where is that kind of depth? Right now, I've only heard one line that's specifically referencing how they were killed as a Larvaling, which was being burned (I think alive?), when I had spawned it with my Ember Prime. I've checked with other friends who have played the update and have gone through multiple Liches, and no one else has encountered a line as specific as that. For the most part, they just get the same repeated lines depending on what type of Lich spawns.

I had expected there to be more lines about how the Lich feels about the Tenno, how they were killed, and things of that nature. I've heard the same lines repeating on almost every Lich I get (whether it's the male-sounding, sort of goofy one, or the female-sounding tactician), and I'm wondering if I'm just getting unlucky or if there really are not that many lines. The voice acting is great, don't get me wrong, and I understand that there's only so much that may be implemented, but it feels like a shallow pool as opposed to what was built up and promised since the Tennocon footage, and the various Devstreams. The Liches feel much more one-note instead of being more unique to the player.

There has to be something more to the Liches than just farming their Thralls to know their Requiems, then to go to Kuva Floods or Siphons (unless you're really lucky with the relic drop rates from the Thralls) to acquire the Requiem Relics, then having to get the Void Traces necessary to upgrade a relic and go through a T5 Fissure in hopes of actually getting the mod you want instead of 4 Amber Ayatan Stars, Kuva (which really needs more of a purpose than Riven rerolls and crafting resources for certain weapons or Warframes), the weapon Exilus adapters, or Riven Shards. Those rewards do not feel justified for the amount of effort put in to acquire the relics to begin with, especially if this is supposed to feel like a kind of endgame. The Liches need to feel more engaging than just farm, farm, oh hey they showed up let's test the mod order—oh I failed okay, farm, farm, farm. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I feel the fact that Requiem Mods have charges before they're unusable makes no sense. No other mod does that, and it really is a poor design choice. If they HAVE to become unusable, make it so we can repair them with other resources. Kuva, maybe? It really only has a few uses in-game, so why not let it be something we can use to repair the mods instead of having to go through the same farming process over and over? 

Warframe has been about the grind for as long as I can remember. I get that, and have mostly been fine with it, but this time the farm feels particularly egregious. There has to be a more streamlined way to do this, because it gets to the point of burn-out after the first few Liches, especially if they have duplicate weapons (and as of this posting we do not have the bounty trading in effect, so there's no way we can get rid of them unless we go through the grind, defeat our Lich, and pray we get a new Lich with a different weapon that we actually want).

When the unintentional bug of other players gaining Murmur progress when someone else tests the mods on their Lich or defeats it, it made it a lot easier on the grind and actually encouraged co-op play because it didn't matter whose Lich really spawned. You were helping another Tenno take down their villain, and it felt like you got something out of it. With that being removed (which I get why it was removed) there's almost no incentive to going into public games or playing with friends to hunt a Lich, except for shared progress from Thralls and making it easier to take down the overly-tanky Lich than it is alone. I can't say what the best replacement for that team-wide Lich Murmur progress would be, but there has to be something so it feels worthwhile to play with friends or publicly.

I also feel like there has to be some way to build up the Liches as more of an actual threat than just a random enemy that's a nuisance. I had mentioned before on how the Lich in the Tennocon footage felt more like a threat than the ones we have now, and that might just be because the lines were recorded specifically for the Tennocon gameplay, or because Empyrean was enabled, or something else. But right now, they feel like such an afterthought besides them taking away your rewards. Even then, it's only really irritating when they steal a mod or blueprint or something else you either NEEDED or really wanted.

Someone else on the forums (and I can't find the specific post, so forgive me on that) had posted the idea of a 'General' system where there are Generals that are under the command of the Lich, and you need to defeat them to gain knowledge on how to defeat your specific Lich and use the right mods to do so. They would act sort of like a mini-boss for the area the Lich was controlling, and the poster specifically mentioned there being three: one that would represent each Requiem Mod. This would be much more engaging than the current process, and it also helps build up the Lich as more of a threat. And when the Generals are finally defeated, perhaps a special node would open up (sort of like how you have the Locator for the Grendel parts), which allows you to challenge the Lich head-on in hopes of defeating it?

If you're taking down the Generals, the Lich has more of a motivation to hunt down the Tenno doing it and put them in the dirt. This could even extend to places the Lich doesn't have power in, making it feel more like a threat and that they are actively hunting you down and trying to hamper your progress because they know you're learning how to kill them for good. Sure, it may feel more like the Assassins already in-game, but right now you can flat-out ignore a planet the Lich has control over if they're freshly birthed, and have almost zero repercussions.

One more thing I want to mention is how the defeat of a Lich feels so anticlimactic. The Vanquish and Convert animations are always awesome to watch (when they actually play correctly and they aren't up against a wall or some shrubs or structure is obstructing the camera), but other than that? There's nothing. There's no voice line saying that they'll come back, or some taunting or quips when they're on their knees, or them grovelling and pleading with the Tenno so they don't die. They just make some groaning noises and stare at you while your Parazon dramatically extends out, awaiting the Tenno's command. The Tennocon footage gave us such a feel for the Lich being nigh-unstoppable, and making us worry that even if we do Vanquish it, it'll come back somehow. The chart at the end of that scene showing the lifespan of the Lich, what powers it stole, resistances, where it was birthed and what Warframe birthed it, all of that gave it such a nice little touch. And the cutscene before the fight with their name (like how most bosses in Warframe have now) was just a little more emphasis to show, “Hey, yeah, this is your boss. You ready to take them down? Here they come!” It made it feel more climactic than what we have now, and right now the Lich sometimes says some lines after vanquishing or converting it. But, the Lich doesn't come back if we vanquish it, so why does it say some lines like it'll come back, or it's retreating? I thought we actually killed it, and since that specific Lich never comes back, why would we believe anything else? It'd be much more interesting if the failed Requiem Mod combinations 'killed' the Lich, but they taunted us about saying how they're immortal, just like us (kind of like what the Lich in the Tennocon footage did). Right now it just feels like a drawn-out one-and-done with the Liches so we can get new weapons, and that's it.

Converting the Lich, while giving them some chuckle-worthy dialogue, doesn't feel worthwhile at all. Why can't we either get a special beacon or blueprint (which would be reusable) to spawn them, or have them bring in followers to help in the combat, i.e. some surviving Thralls to help in combat? Right now, they just go around and shoot. I haven't seen any of the Liches actually use their powers they inherited from the Warframe when they spawn in as friendlies. It just feels like there really is no point in Converting them unless you don't care to get a duplicate of a weapon that has a different bonus.

And also, the Lich in the Tennocon footage was noted to being a Tech-specific class where it would use its galleon to actually buff its shields or protect it, so there was the impression that the Lich could have a specialization that gave it a different way to combat the Tenno. Where is that? That is nowhere to be seen in the current version. All they do is throw out their powers and that's about it. There's nothing thematically or gameplay-wise engaging about the fight. It's just shoot and hope you don't get insta-downed, and then hope you have the right combination of mods. I understand that class-specific part was mentioned because it was shown off in Empyrean, but why isn't it anywhere else? Was it only because the Lich and Empyrean system was meant to ship together, but the decision was then reversed and several different features shown were scrapped or being saved for later implementation?

Overall, I don't think this update hit the mark everyone—devs and players—were hoping for. The grind is too long and tedious (and yes I understand Warframe is about the grind but this time it's just unnecessary), the Liches feel incredibly underwhelming and give no real impact to the game or overall story besides taxing you, and it feels like a shell of what was shown at Tennocon and how they've been promoted afterwards. And that is incredibly disappointing, because I remember how my friends and I were losing our minds over the entire reveal. I myself was really hyped for the Lich, because I love something so thematic and personal, and that's what the Lich system seemed to be promising. But right now? Right now it feels nothing like that.

I love this game, and that's why I wanted to give my disorganized thoughts in hopes that SOMETHING changes. I thank everyone for all their hard work, but I am begging you: do not try to force out a feature or mechanic for the sake of stopping content drought.

I know that's been a running joke for a long time and has legitimate ground, but I would rather have waited an extra two or three months to have this update launch with Empyrean, or launch solo and be more fleshed-out than it is right now. I know some people won't feel the same, and some people have already left the game or are planning on doing so because of this. But I hope you guys take all this feedback—good and bad—and try to bring the game back to where it should be. Warframe was at one of the tops spots of gaming, at least to me, and now it's sliding down a slippery hill and I don't want to see this game hit the bottom.

I'm scared that Empyrean and The New War will suffer a similar fate that The Old Blood has. I really, really hope that doesn't happen, because I don't think the game would ever fully recover. There is so much talent and love in this game and in its developers and community, and I know we all want what's best for the game. But it's being drowned out by unfinished features and egregious grind that doesn't do anything to enhance the experience.

I just hope my words make some kind of difference and help Warframe be the best it can be.

I have played Warframe for close to two years. I never considered myself a "hardcore" player, as I never bothered with the "late game" like Eidolons, and the only reason why I even put together a strong Chroma for the Profit Taker was to take advantage of the double credit and drop week a while back. Overall, I have enjoyed the game a lot, and I am at MR24, meaning I tried out and played around with most of the frames and weapons in the game.

I wanted to put down my "credentials" first just so people can get my perspective and understand why I disagree the direction of this update and the people defending it saying that "Warframe is all about grinding". In short, no, it's not. Warframe is not about grinding. Grinding is the process that leads the player to gain access to various things in the game, and I always considered Warframe a shining example of how to do it right. In a single mission, you could level weapons, frames, get resources, gain Focus, and at the same time you can have actual fun while doing all that. However, over time, DE have been adding more and more pure grinds into the game, either through forcing the player to do an unfun action repeatedly, such as fishing or mining, or by gating progression behind low drop chances forcing the player to repeat content over and over again, such as the Atmo Systems required to progress with Little Duck.

I could overlook these, but I draw the line with this update. I get the reason behind this; DE is artificially gating progress under multiple layers of RNG in order to draw the content out as much as possible. I understand this, and I see why they decided to do it in response to the complaints about the extended content drought in the game. However, just because I can understand their mindset doesn't mean I have to, or even should, agree with their methods, because it is actively destroying my motivation to play the game.

What is the most precious commodity? Some people might disagree, but in my opinion, it's time. When I played Warframe in the past, I never felt like I was wasting my time, because there was always something to work towards, and even if I only played an hour or two, I could make a lot of progress in that time, and even if I couldn't get what I wanted, there was always something else to take off the edge of the disappointment. Maybe I didn't get the part I wanted out of the relic, but at least the other part I got could be sold for Ducats and I could get something useful or cool from Baro in exchange. Maybe I didn't get an ephemera, but it was okay because I got some Endo, or rare resources, or a heap of focus points instead.

However, when I look at the nestled RNG design of the liches, which requires me to do hours upon hours of mindless grinding where I get little to nothing else out of the process, except for a fairly powerful weapon at the end (of which I already have dozens in my arsenal) and getting rid of a nuisance on the starmap, I simply can't muster to motivation to even get started. Furthermore, there isn't even a good narrative reason to get invested in the liches, because the entire watered down Nemesis system doesn't make me feel I am fighting a dangerous, cunning opponent, but an invincible buffoon made difficult by sub-par game design relying on excessive grind and an unrewarding guessing game at the end.

I really wanted to love this update, and I hoped it would reignite my faltering love for the game. Instead it provided me with the resolution to stop playing altogether and spend my time on actually rewarding endeavors.

On 2019-11-09 at 5:01 AM, Leqesai said:

The grind is your choice. The lich system wasn't designed to be completed in a day. You guys burning the candle at both end will find the room soon to be dark.

yes true will not play the lich's not a big problem. To bad it took so long to make. And its not fun for me

3 hours ago, Egathentale said:

DE is artificially gating progress under multiple layers of RNG in order to draw the content out as much as possible. I understand this, and I see why they decided to do it in response to the complaints about the extended content drought in the game.

I don't. With content drops and content droughts, at least the game is fun some of the time. With content stretched out this much, it's fun never. This update wasn't designed to entice people to play by offering fun, it was designed to keep people who are going to be playing no matter what occupied for a long time. I don't think that's a healthy approach.

Dear DE,

maybe a 2nd or more times on this post, but, if an lich goes killed on an endless mission the thral spawn does end right after. I think it has to be right that the thralspawn end with mission complishment?! or not... LITTLE INFO 39 Lichs and still need 2 unseen guns

It's good that you've added an opt-in for people that don't want to do the lich content just yet, however - there are some of us that played before the opt in option was a thing and was forced into it even though we didn't want to. An opt-out would be nice, but I don't see that happening. I want to do the lich content when I'm ready to do it and not be forced into it.

There are still a few things broken since the big patch:

• Fishing still causes the spear to be stuck to the wrong arm after thrown the first time.
  • Throwing and missing the spear during fishing causes an animation lock for a second or two where you can't move or throw again.
  • Still no way to reliably dismount the archwing on PoE or OV - this is especially frustrating while trying to do an Eidolon hunt or the Thermia Fractures.

Then my biggest complaint: The lich stealing items after a mission.

I didn't want to do the lich content yet, so I'm still putting it off and now I'm being punished for it. This is negative reinforcement and leaves a bad taste. You'll find positive reinforcement to do content to be a much more compelling and rewarding system.

Most people will say: "Eh, it's just mod here or there." and for the most part they would be right. Simple mod drops being stolen isn't that bad - but it can be. Farming that rare mod in the lich sector? Better hope it doesn't get stolen.

For me - it's The Index. I don't like The Index, but like most people, I do it because I need credits. Then the credits gets stolen, not only is the entire reward and my whole reason for doing The Index taken from me, but my investment is lost as well - even if I won. This is terrible design and puts me off from doing many things since I need credits for most things and can't reliably farm it without being punished by it.

Don't do this. I've lost my reward twice now and honestly don't feel like playing anymore.

yU0yM6y.jpg

On 2019-11-08 at 6:13 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Kuva Lich Trading!

You mean trade your Lich with someone else if you discover your Lich has a weapon you already have? There is 1 problem to this. What if no one wants to trade with you? Then you are stuck with no choice but to waste another few hours to get rid of the Lich. 

Same with Valence Transfer. If your duplicated weapon has a lower stats then Valence Transfer won't work, thus resulting in another few hours wasted to get rid of the Lich by converting it... in which converting has almost no use practically, because a converted Lich will come to aid you once a blue moon for a few minutes only.

Are there User-Experience Designer(s) in DE?

Sometimes your Lich tells you "I've been taking time to work on...me." - but you can't really feel it. Fighting your Lich at rank 5 feels the same way as at rank 1.

A lazy way to fix it:

• do not give Liches all their abilities at rank 1, unlock 1 of their abilities per their rankup - so at rank 5 they'll have all 4;
  • make dodge their 1st ability;
  • make them dodge a lot more at rank 5 (and use other abilities too for non-radiation ones, since the ones that can cause a rad proc on you seem to be the deadliest);

I think this can give us at least an illusion of progression.

A word about Grendel - his 4 is pretty difficult to control (especially steering).

This excavator ran out of power

Find new power cell for this excavator

We need more power for this excavator

^^These are becoming a complete joke like that PS3 game Godzilla

We are wasting time, and not playing excavation. Standing around waiting for enemy with power cell to spawn or get unstuck from somewhere on the map

9 hours ago, Egathentale said:

I have played Warframe for close to two years. I never considered myself a "hardcore" player, as I never bothered with the "late game" like Eidolons, and the only reason why I even put together a strong Chroma for the Profit Taker was to take advantage of the double credit and drop week a while back. Overall, I have enjoyed the game a lot, and I am at MR24, meaning I tried out and played around with most of the frames and weapons in the game.

I wanted to put down my "credentials" first just so people can get my perspective and understand why I disagree the direction of this update and the people defending it saying that "Warframe is all about grinding". In short, no, it's not. Warframe is not about grinding. Grinding is the process that leads the player to gain access to various things in the game, and I always considered Warframe a shining example of how to do it right. In a single mission, you could level weapons, frames, get resources, gain Focus, and at the same time you can have actual fun while doing all that. However, over time, DE have been adding more and more pure grinds into the game, either through forcing the player to do an unfun action repeatedly, such as fishing or mining, or by gating progression behind low drop chances forcing the player to repeat content over and over again, such as the Atmo Systems required to progress with Little Duck.

I could overlook these, but I draw the line with this update. I get the reason behind this; DE is artificially gating progress under multiple layers of RNG in order to draw the content out as much as possible. I understand this, and I see why they decided to do it in response to the complaints about the extended content drought in the game. However, just because I can understand their mindset doesn't mean I have to, or even should, agree with their methods, because it is actively destroying my motivation to play the game.

What is the most precious commodity? Some people might disagree, but in my opinion, it's time. When I played Warframe in the past, I never felt like I was wasting my time, because there was always something to work towards, and even if I only played an hour or two, I could make a lot of progress in that time, and even if I couldn't get what I wanted, there was always something else to take off the edge of the disappointment. Maybe I didn't get the part I wanted out of the relic, but at least the other part I got could be sold for Ducats and I could get something useful or cool from Baro in exchange. Maybe I didn't get an ephemera, but it was okay because I got some Endo, or rare resources, or a heap of focus points instead.

However, when I look at the nestled RNG design of the liches, which requires me to do hours upon hours of mindless grinding where I get little to nothing else out of the process, except for a fairly powerful weapon at the end (of which I already have dozens in my arsenal) and getting rid of a nuisance on the starmap, I simply can't muster to motivation to even get started. Furthermore, there isn't even a good narrative reason to get invested in the liches, because the entire watered down Nemesis system doesn't make me feel I am fighting a dangerous, cunning opponent, but an invincible buffoon made difficult by sub-par game design relying on excessive grind and an unrewarding guessing game at the end.

I really wanted to love this update, and I hoped it would reignite my faltering love for the game. Instead it provided me with the resolution to stop playing altogether and spend my time on actually rewarding endeavors.

❤️

did the new vasca kavat and masseter. the rest is just rubbish content and  changes.

Kuva lich = too much rng layers from obtaining kuva relic, getting parazon mod, kuva codes, lich spawn and even the reward kuva weapons is rng ffs. every steps designed to torture players. basically its a gambling game against your luck. i dont need to play after reading wiki already able to imagine the craps. not going to play this until changes.

grendel parts farming = again the crap same old torture missions with tons of restrictions. why??? just for a lousy normal frame which will probably stay in arsenal rotting or as mastery fodder? cant you make the frame acquisition something like Revenant or Harrow would be interesting??? ..not going to play this until changes.

melee changes = no comment because i dont play melee. do whatever crap you like. mobs just die in 1-2 shot anyway. why the bother melee chopping here and there with all the miniscule functions.. such functions only works if mobs have like 999999999999999 HP where damages can stack in time (like boss?)

I would say the game designer is just designing the game according to his flavour. he is not standing at player's point of view when we play this game 4-5hrs per day or some even more.

I read a suggestion on Tactical Potatoe's video where he discusses getting the same weapon three or four times in a row. Honestly, I'd uninstall at that point.

This leads me to believe updates are pushed as is: incomplete updates, in a sense, to be completed through hotfixes; because such a situation could have easily been foreseen. Regardless, the suggestion was to add an option for 25k-50k kuva to the lich itself: vanquish, convert, extract kuva. Right now, none of the options seem good enough.

Lich trading:

People will churn through the content rapidly and demand more content.

Getting stuck with an element no one wants (less likely because wikia and reddit exist, but possible)

Such a low number nobody wants it.

You're still stuck with the lich until someone agrees to trade with you, meaning you can't progress that content.

Another option I heard of is to dissolve the contract for a cost. In essence, you "pay kuva to the queen" and that lich goes bye-bye.

A third option, and one which I'm partial to, is to have the larva spawn with the weapon your lich will have. That way you can see it and decide whether or not to engage with that lich. Then it's a question of the next layer of RNG: the bonus, and whether or not you're on a frame that yields a desirable bonus, or one you'd like to test.

If more weapons are to be added, and I expect they will, something will have to be done. 13 is barely acceptable RNG, but what happens when we get to 20 or even 30 weapons? Whatever that something is, it has to be damn good.

I'm all for this update: the relics, the mods, I don't mind. Be smart about it. Realize it's not a one-afternoon grind. The increased difficulty through enemy scaling, good touch. However, I'm also a realist. I've grinded enough to know what a 5% drop chance can mean and I don't realistically expect to get all of the kuva weapons, and as more weapons get added...

Archived