Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.6 + 26.0.6.1

[DE]Megan

Just today (November 10th, 2019), I was playing Nezha on Eris when, while playing Zabala, I realized that holding down 2 to throw my Chakram straight no longer worked.  It would fly about an inch and then immediately return.  I tried casting it in the air and there was no change.  It persisted when we moved to Europa.  Throwing it normally by just pressing 2 still works.  Has anyone else had this happen?  EDIT 11/11/2019:  It went back to normal eventually, but it might be something to still look into.

In addition, the wiki, which may or may not be correct, lists most of the Kuva weapons doing LESS base damage than their non-variant versions.  Why is that?  I know a lot of people are going to say that it's to balance the elemental bonus, and that they all have increased status and/or crit chance.  Why can't the weapons have IDENTICAL base damage to their non-variant versions?  In fact, it seems really strange to have the Tonkor and Ogris--arguably already powerful weapons--deal INCREASED damage, while the others, which are variants of ALREADY LACKLUSTER WEAPONS, get nerfed to a degree?

1 hour ago, ZarakkiZenn said:

have the larva spawn with the weapon your lich will have. That way you can see it and decide whether or not to engage with that lich. Then it's a question of the next layer of RNG: the bonus, and whether or not you're on a frame that yields a desirable bonus, or one you'd like to test.

this is an idea ive had for ages now, at this point i dont care if it wouldnt make sense for the small weak "runt of the litter/maggot" larva to go around carrying a huge fukk off full auto grenade launcher or giant sharp pointy jet powered hammer, have the larva spawn with a kuva weapon, and when you kill the larva, the lich has the weapon the larva had, you still have to deal with RNG, which is im assuming what DE wants, but you dont have to go through killing a lich to get something you dont want, run a mission, down the larva, look at the weapon its got and then either mercy the larva and turn it into a lich to get the weapon or just leave and run the mission again until you get what you want, DE gets to have us still deal with the RNG, we dont have to waste hours dealing with a lich we dont want because its got a weapon we already have/dont want, its a win for DE and its a win for us

Can you make an option about auto melee attack while holding down the button "E"? Too tired to press the button repeatedly. In melee 3.0, combo no longer require hold or pause "E", just press, press and press (And combine with "Forward", "Block" or "Forward" + "Block")

Melee weapons with attack speed above 1.2:

- Riven mod add 75% attack speed + Primed Fury + Gladiator Vice + Quickening + Berserker = 6.3 attack speed
- Riven mod add 75% attack speed + Berserker = 3.675 attack speed
- Primed Fury + Berserker = 3.255 attack speed

Press 3 times per second and for 20 minutes survival mission...

Le 09/11/2019 à 17:29, dynamicburst a dit :

The only changes I think would be needed are one of the two: 

-Adjust and lower amount needed for murmurs or allow more thralls to spawn in missions and in groups of 1-4 based on group size. 

AND

-Allow the use kuva, argon or some other resource to reroll a lich contract so player that get duplicates for a weapon they already have.

1. More thralls to spawn

2. Many of us have a lot of focus points that are useless if all focus schools are completed.
Maybe we could use some of those focus points to reroll a lich contract.

I don't know if this is bug because of the patch or not, but I do know it was changed and now revert back:

- Khora venari healing completely stay on ground after healing buff ended

- Limbo banish not working while limbo is inside rift

- Frost Globe counter not showing until I use operator mode or step out of globe first

good update but  never thought  DE can surpass their RNG in game till now but :clap: they created history  a bit of rng is ok but  wow  lets see 1st  rng is to get the litch to spawn if u r in public someone else will kill it and u r  fuc*ed then another rng getting the  weapon to be  diffeerent  then the one u got 3 or 4 times in a row  not looking at the grind and the mod relic thing  next rng getting good  bonus and  after 20/25 of the litch  i gues all will have atlist 3 of the weapons type then if u r grinding for a specific thing u r  done  . the ephemeras weapons  i hope they dont put  more weapon inthis same system or else it will be easy to get the  white needle  in the white haystack  

Spoiler

the best part of all this is we r grinding to go back and grind again

THANK YOU DE

3 hours ago, Askary56 said:

1. More thralls to spawn

2. Many of us have a lot of focus points that are useless if all focus schools are completed.
Maybe we could use some of those focus points to reroll a lich contract.

Nice idea I have millions on millions of excess focus after all schools completed, would be good to put it to some use.

OK, DE really needs to do something about the lichs RNG , i just wanted the new kuva rifle, and trough my about 20 liches i got every weapon exept kohm and the chakkur, while i got 5 times seer .... 3 timer kraken .... 

its so frustraiting to grind 3 hour just to get a weapon you dont WANT or NEED and you cant do anything about it.

Every time i saw my lich with a seer i quit the game for the rest of the day because i had literally 0 fun playing for more

11 hours ago, ZarakkiZenn said:

A third option, and one which I'm partial to, is to have the larva spawn with the weapon your lich will have. That way you can see it and decide whether or not to engage with that lich. Then it's a question of the next layer of RNG: the bonus, and whether or not you're on a frame that yields a desirable bonus, or one you'd like to test.

If more weapons are to be added, and I expect they will, something will have to be done. 13 is barely acceptable RNG, but what happens when we get to 20 or even 30 weapons? Whatever that something is, it has to be damn good.

I've seen this idea before, but it included ephemeras too. Basically make the larva tell you everything you need to know about the lich. Heck, they can return the murmur amount back to 150 or more if they add that information for us to see.

Last days i played more than i played past 5-6 months and i really enjoyed it so ty for that, but now its getting a bit paranoid. we need a way to ditch the millionth duplicate 25% weapon lich. im not saying something like click a button and lich will go away cause then ppl will abuse that  but maybe a special mission with a cooldown or even a cheap plat option (5-10 plat?) i would be fine with. 

It's been two weekends, and I think all of the anger and disappointment, beyond the obvious frustration of finding new bugs every few hours, has passed.  As such, let's review the Liches and the Kuva variant weapons.

First off, it's obvious you're aping the Nemesis system from the Mordor games.  Nemesis is about somebody you attacked, they add a new layer of challenge, show unique skills and abilities, all while getting stronger if you don't put them down.  That's a fantastic idea, assuming that you've got enemies who can be killed, and are a challenge rather than a force which requires a unique play style to combat.  What we've got is not that, because it seems like whomever outlined the mechanics didn't understand why the Nemesis system was a fair challenge.  Let's pare this back, and review what went wrong.

1. The level of your nemesis is entirely uncontrollable by the player, and doesn't offer rewards.
  • You start with a level 1 Lich, but literally cannot kill them.  You've got a 1 in 336 chance (8*7*6) of guessing the right mods and order, but that's not going to happen.
  • Murmur collection by mass slaughtering enemies is pretty stupid.  It's grind that doesn't need to be there.
  • The RNG means even if the Lich is only level 3 when you get all the murmurs, you've got a 1 in 6 chance of getting the order right.  That's insulting after all the grind to even know what the mods are.
  • The reward is determined when you kill the Larvling.  No incentive at better rewards for a higher challenge, and no ability to shed a terrible RNG roll for a base weapon.
  1. The difference between a level 1 and level 5 Lich is pretty jarring. 
  • The broken armor and health scaling, with a base sponge enemy who can one-shot anything but a tank, means you're going to need one play style (tank).
  • The enemies going from 1v1 to hordes summoned by the Lich makes a boss battle suddenly about crowd control.  It's pretty insulting to be one shot by a ballista from half way across a room while facing off against an enemy who just eats bullets.
  • You've basically stolen and re-implemented the take downs from Mordor....Why?  The idea there was that certain actions made you invincible, but the animations here just leave you open to enemy fire and cheap shots.

So, that's the basics of what is wrong.  Let's work towards a fix.

1. Kuva weapons elemental add can remain based off of the frame who killed the Lich.  This encourages players to use many different frames, rather than their comfort few.
  2. Murmurs disappear.  The system is stupid.  Offer us either a mobile defense or a spy mission to unlock the murmurs.  The unlock needs to require either all vaults or all locations, so that both of these game modes get used more often.  To make this a possibility that takes time have the spy/mobile defense at the core of a few nodes, and require a path be cleared before the mission can be executed.
  3. To pad out the length have the Lich spread out over time, rather than as they level up.  The expansion would be an RNG function, with the likelihood of expansion being indirectly proportional to how many nodes already are covered.  Basically, the less nodes covered the more likely they are to take more, but taking over everything would take a lot of ignoring their progress..
  4. Increase the tax.  It makes no sense to take little bits, because there's no reason to face off against a Lich at low levels.  The tax rarely amounts to anything.  If you implement the expansion mechanic from suggestion 3 have the tax be found by resource quantity * (0.75* nodes active/total nodes).  The goal here is to have a tax that motivates players to deal with them, but have enough resources still coming in to allow progress if a player was ill prepared.  
  5. Have the Lich grow stronger with failed kills.  As the Lich gets stronger so too does the bonus on the weapon.  You now get to choose between greater challenge and reward, or an immediate reward with less difficulty.  
  6. The Lich is not a great enemy, because it's a bullet sponge.  Even doing two of the 3 weaknesses (toxin and magnetic), it takes a constant stream of peacemaker from Mesa Prime to put the level 5 down.  Fix it by removing about 50% of the base armor, and making the immunity functionally full for other elements/damage types.  This would keep them durable, but change them from a damage check to requiring build and weapon diversity.  This is what made the Nemesis system great, but you missed the point by allowing your broken scaling to make things a mess.
  7. Make the Liches spawn at known points.  It took me about 4 missions to get the thing to spawn after getting to level 5, which is just a mess.  If the Lich was an instance which could be chosen, in addition to the random spawns, it'd make this a bit more palatable.

I'd also like to suggest some basic fixes that even after so many hotfixes you haven't gotten right:

1. T-Posing after a teleport and being locked out of any actions is frustrating.  Especially so when the Liches love that teleport.  Nothing quite like being 2/3 in, getting locked, and dying because I couldn't do anything.
  2. Explosive weapons and punch-through.  This is still a mess, and when you're introduced to the Lich system with the Kuva Chucker (Chakkhurr...I'm going with my pronunciation) a weapon that doesn't consistently blow up when punching through is just weird.  It's the same issue with the Opticor...but far less noticeable.
  3. Melee....I get the change.  It's trying to roll back what you view as power creep.  The issue is that the new flourishes and animations take a nerf and turn it into a frustration.  It's the same as the Parazon.  Every time you add an animation it seems to make something that worked take longer and offer no benefits.  Stop it.
  4. The Parazon.  This one bothers be because you have functionally made a new tool and seem to have broken so many other things.  Certain terminals cannot be hacked twice.  You can still hack as an operator.  The mods for the Parazon are only convenience, and drop at rates which mean I now have more Harrow neuroptics than I ever wanted.  If you're going to watch the old Robocop, then maybe let's also go about this with the end in mind.  The primary point is that you're introducing a reason to use some new mods....and you've decided to not make it a vector for covert lethality because if you did all daggers would suddenly be DOA.  What we got is 3 new slots and 3 slots useless 99.99% of the time.  Yay...my hacking can not unlock up to 5 lockers in 20 meters or have a 30% chance of not requiring the use of ciphers.  The "bug" here is that the thing is not useful and there's no cost to the mods so I don't see a use for about half of the new ones, and the remainder are functionally conveniences I never needed before.

-Edit-

I didn't mention that the Vasca curative still doesn't work.  I pulled one imprint, no problem.  Infected a second time, so I pulled another for giggles.  Next mission I get another infection.  7 different locations, and curatives, and my Kavat is still that annoying glowing red.  Maybe another few hotfixes and the thing that costs currency will actually work.  If not...I'm going to be very angry to have a Kavat that is uncurable, no matter how good the Vasca is as both an offensive and healing force.

-Edit-

This was an update that still needs a lot of polish after all of the hotfixes.  Right now...I just hate that you aren't even hiding that the game's content is being entirely worked around the painful grind.  Grind for relics, grind for murmurs, RNG kill your Lich for an RNG weapon with RNG status boost values.  Grind through the levelling process 5 times to unlock all the MR.  This isn't a grind that feels rewarding, when you start with 2 polarized slots and have enough capacity for a Riven based build 3 forma in (but are only through about 58% of the grind).  

Please don't do this crap with Railjack.  If you have to grind for RNG consumables...I'm done.  Right now I'm looking at a minimum of another 11 Liches to get all of the weapons (assuming insanely good luck).  At about 2 days per Lich that'll drive me into December, doing what right now takes too long for such a mediocre reward.  It's almost as bad as the Lato Vandal (finally got the barrel after almost 3 months), and means I have zero reason to consider buying anything from you until there is either a large content drop or an apology for what was obviously a release which needed a lot more time to bake.

As a side note, I've started paying some attention to the curated content you're generating through partners on Youtube and the like.  It's interesting that you're quick to point out that because you've got such a large player base they're going to find bugs so much quicker than your internal staff can.  I get the sentiment, but whenever you release, and have a hotfix less than an hour later you've obviously released something deeply flawed that you're working on fixing while the patch deploys.  It's not responding quickly to the community, but pushing out something you know is broken, but you'll patch it later.  I know that you have to fight between introducing content, and making said content last.  Introducing this level of grind is a stupid way to make content last, because it's taking all of the worst bits of Warframe and stringing them together.  I would ask why, but after the summer content drought I think the motivation here is clear, give us a huge grind wall before the Christmas season, do the acolyte events over it, and push Railjack into early January.  Buy that time with the Kuva weapons, and make them last with a multi-layered grind sandwich.

I spent two years farming more then a vietnamese in a rice field, to get powerful weapons and warframes, and the "endgame" is more farming?
Enough with the #*!%!ng farming!

Honestly i'm not willing to waste more time farming relics, to get the mods, to farm mobs, to figure the correct order on the toy blade, to kill the lich, to get a third tonkor!

This is not endgame, this is mediocre, this is the sanctuary onslaught all over again, no lore, no new quest, no fun content.

Thank god, De***ny 2 is free now, see you when the railjack come out. IF there's new content, lore, quests, or something that is worth to spend time in.

1 hour ago, master_of_destiny said:

This was an update that still needs a lot of polish after all of the hotfixes.  Right now...I just hate that you aren't even hiding that the game's content is being entirely worked around the painful grind.  Grind for relics, grind for murmurs, RNG kill your Lich for an RNG weapon with RNG status boost values.  Grind through the levelling process 5 times to unlock all the MR.  This isn't a grind that feels rewarding, when you start with 2 polarized slots and have enough capacity for a Riven based build 3 forma in (but are only through about 58% of the grind).  

Please don't do this crap with Railjack.  If you have to grind for RNG consumables...I'm done.  Right now I'm looking at a minimum of another 11 Liches to get all of the weapons (assuming insanely good luck).  At about 2 days per Lich that'll drive me into December, doing what right now takes too long for such a mediocre reward.  It's almost as bad as the Lato Vandal (finally got the barrel after almost 3 months), and means I have zero reason to consider buying anything from you until there is either a large content drop or an apology for what was obviously a release which needed a lot more time to bake.

As a side note, I've started paying some attention to the curated content you're generating through partners on Youtube and the like.  It's interesting that you're quick to point out that because you've got such a large player base they're going to find bugs so much quicker than your internal staff can.  I get the sentiment, but whenever you release, and have a hotfix less than an hour later you've obviously released something deeply flawed that you're working on fixing while the patch deploys.  It's not responding quickly to the community, but pushing out something you know is broken, but you'll patch it later.  I know that you have to fight between introducing content, and making said content last.  Introducing this level of grind is a stupid way to make content last, because it's taking all of the worst bits of Warframe and stringing them together.  I would ask why, but after the summer content drought I think the motivation here is clear, give us a huge grind wall before the Christmas season, do the acolyte events over it, and push Railjack into early January.  Buy that time with the Kuva weapons, and make them last with a multi-layered grind sandwich.

Unfortunately this is the core problem of this update: just a patch to gain time, in the worst way possible

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Samhel:

Don't know if its suposed to be like that, but my converted lich appeared in a fissure kuva survival and she did nothing, she was justwalkin around for like 30 seconds and just looked at enemies @[DE]Megan

ive had a lich i vanquished appear. hasnt happened since last fix but i think the bugfixing in terms of liches/AI is far from done~

15 hours ago, eddy_LV said:

Can you make an option about auto melee attack while holding down the button "E"? Too tired to press the button repeatedly. In melee 3.0, combo no longer require hold or pause "E", just press, press and press (And combine with "Forward", "Block" or "Forward" + "Block")

Melee weapons with attack speed above 1.2:

- Riven mod add 75% attack speed + Primed Fury + Gladiator Vice + Quickening + Berserker = 6.3 attack speed
- Riven mod add 75% attack speed + Berserker = 3.675 attack speed
- Primed Fury + Berserker = 3.255 attack speed

Press 3 times per second and for 20 minutes survival mission...

You can bind scroll up / down as an additional "button" for melee attacks, which helps some.

В 05.11.2019 в 19:52, [DE]Megan сказал:
  • Requiem Relics play a very key part in the Kuva Lich system, and our goal with this change is to conjoin the Thrall hunt on (what is currently) normal mission modes with your eventual Requiem Relic hunt.
  • Increased the drop chance of each Requiem Relic in Kuva Siphon missions from 30% to 50%.

In Hotfix 26.0.4 you said you increased the drop chance of Requiem Relics in Siphon missions from 30% to 50% but the chance in-game is still 30% for one of the 4 Requiem relics.

Do you have any comments about this?

6c510bda329457b33274ee4f0bb98a91.png

Source: Warframe PC drops

Please don't say that you're planning to leave Glaive's detonation as is: it's super clunky, slow and inconsistent. Also, punch through just doesn't work: the Glaive hits one enemy and then goes back immediately. What's the point in punching through on a weapon that doesn't punch through at all?

I know that my whinings won't do a lot, I'm just sad that my explosive yo-yo has been taken away from me.

Archived