Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.6 + 26.0.6.1

[DE]Megan

Feature suggestion (Umbral Forma transfer):

I know this is unrelated to any of the recent changes, but I think it's something that needs to be addressed soon. Umbral formas have been in the game long enough, lots of people have put them on frames that now have received Prime variants. I know lots of people are also holding on to them because they're afraid of wasting them on regular frames. There is something very wrong about this. So my suggestion is: Allow the transfer of Umbral formas from a regular frame(or a weapon) to its prime variant. e.g. Atlas -> Atlas Prime. Another solution: maybe add in some item to the game that allows people to deattach their Umbral formas? You could give it high crafting cost to prevent people from repeatedly using them. Or you could just allow people to do it directly for a certain amount of kuva and endo.

4 hours ago, Sceles said:

Feature suggestion (Umbral Forma transfer):

I know this is unrelated to any of the recent changes, but I think it's something that needs to be addressed soon. Umbral formas have been in the game long enough, lots of people have put them on frames that now have received Prime variants. I know lots of people are also holding on to them because they're afraid of wasting them on regular frames. There is something very wrong about this. So my suggestion is: Allow the transfer of Umbral formas from a regular frame(or a weapon) to its prime variant. e.g. Atlas -> Atlas Prime. Another solution: maybe add in some item to the game that allows people to deattach their Umbral formas? You could give it high crafting cost to prevent people from repeatedly using them. Or you could just allow people to do it directly for a certain amount of kuva and endo.

id suggest the option to transfer a non prime's forma'ed slots to a prime varient much like the kuva weapons have that takes all the forma'ed spaces and moves em over obviously skipping the ones that come pre'slotted on the prime it's self and of course this would reset the prime frame's level but atleast you wouldnt have to waste time and forma getting the prime up to the same snuff you worked for with the basic one

On 2019-11-11 at 2:06 AM, Askary56 said:

1. More thralls to spawn

2. Many of us have a lot of focus points that are useless if all focus schools are completed.
Maybe we could use some of those focus points to reroll a lich contract.

Love the idea of using focus points for reroll lich contracts!

For those who don't dedicate themselves to paying attention to social media, there are some updates.

Highlights, from where I sit, are:

1. Kuva Liches can no longer spawn with the same weapon consecutively.  This means that you can only get a weapon to repeat every other time (think A-B-A-B, not A-A-A-A).
  2. Liches who are converted can be sold to other players.
  3. 4 depleted mods for the murmurs can be combined to produce a new fully charged random mod.  

I don't think any of this is fantastic, as none of it cuts to the ability to make the Lich system less of a grind.  But there you go.  Apparently everything is working as intended, and I died a little inside after hearing this is it.  

vor 37 Minuten schrieb master_of_destiny:

I don't think any of this is fantastic, as none of it cuts to the ability to make the Lich system less of a grind.  But there you go.  Apparently everything is working as intended, and I died a little inside after hearing this is it.  

"Content" bruh

46 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

For those who don't dedicate themselves to paying attention to social media, there are some updates.

Highlights, from where I sit, are:

1. Kuva Liches can no longer spawn with the same weapon consecutively.  This means that you can only get a weapon to repeat every other time (think A-B-A-B, not A-A-A-A).
  2. Liches who are converted can be sold to other players.
  3. 4 depleted mods for the murmurs can be combined to produce a new fully charged random mod.  

Just to be clear - the way that's written makes it sound like it's a done deal.  This is not live, this is stuff DE is planning, not something they have yet implemented.

i've got a suggestion. a lot of players have an over abundance of relics that you're just not going to open, weather that be because you don't want to or unable due to time. for me, it's Neo relics, around 700+ or so.
what i would suggest is being able to refine them to void traces. something like this

lith relics = 5 traces

vaulted lith relics = 10 traces

meso relics =10

vaulted meso relics =15

neo relics =15

vaulted neo relics =20

axi relics = 20

vaulted axi relics = 25

or something like that. we can clear out massive relics and make opening other relics a lot nicer. wouldn't be hard to implement either since there's already scripts in the games code for selling inventory items and such. add in the void traces as a currency reward, like credits or ducets. i'm hoping that this can be implemented. 

7 hours ago, NeroWolf42 said:
Spoiler

i've got a suggestion. a lot of players have an over abundance of relics that you're just not going to open, weather that be because you don't want to or unable due to time. for me, it's Neo relics, around 700+ or so.
what i would suggest is being able to refine them to void traces. something like this

lith relics = 5 traces

vaulted lith relics = 10 traces

meso relics =10

vaulted meso relics =15

neo relics =15

vaulted neo relics =20

axi relics = 20

vaulted axi relics = 25

or something like that. we can clear out massive relics and make opening other relics a lot nicer. wouldn't be hard to implement either since there's already scripts in the games code for selling inventory items and such. add in the void traces as a currency reward, like credits or ducets. i'm hoping that this can be implemented. 

Haha not a bad idea, I've got that many relics I would need to get an internet signal in my coffin that's how many I have and would never open them all in the time playing the game and with getting more as rewards way to many.

Hi I love the new melee fighting stances! I miss channeling and combo multipliers building up to useful things! These "power attacks" are feeling pointless, slow and do not flow well so far. 

I will continue to try to use them and prove myself wrong just to be fair. Give me back channeling! 

On 2019-11-12 at 8:27 PM, fastgamer2 said:

"Content" bruh

I cannot tell if this is sarcasm, or if it's resignation.  

The content is 13 weapons.  Of which two are truly new, one is a dual version, and everything else is a skin with slight stat modifications.

I agree the Kohm getting an easy 100% status build is good, but Rivens could do that before (I have 2 of 3 which do that, and make it better than the Tigris as a pure shotgun sans sniping).  The Ogris is a great deal of fun now that the charge mechanic is gone, even if the splash damage is terrible against enemies but great for suicide.  The Chakkhurr is...wtf.  A non-sniper rifle that uses the sniper ammo pool and cannot zoom, but in return there's a small explosion on impact that doesn't cause self damage.  The rest I cannot comment on because 2-3 days of grind for one fun with random rolls of power is just too much to justify more than twice in a week.

If DE was trying for anything more than grind, they'd have implemented this better.  As it stands, it's like seeing the rough draft for Shadows of Mordor, and instantly understanding why there needed to be about 4 more iterations.  Your enemies cannot be controlled, a stronger enemy isn't going to make you a stronger weapon or assistant, and from what I've seen the AI for the converted is basically incapable of doing any assisting.  Yeah, I think this show either the update was rushed and broken, or DE can't replicate what they see.  I don't believe the later is true, but it seems like I may have to admit that there's no vision and thus no real way to discern inability to deliver and delivery without thought to how things mesh.

Put into one sentence, Kuva weapons suck and this update is the most eloquent demonstration of what is wrong with the game.

Putting that into perspective, DE is already using the partners to put out information they aren't sharing through the official channels.  They know this was a mess, and it's the first time they've not immediately gone on blast calling people who don't praise this haters and suggesting that we don't understand the vision.  It's nice to get professional answers, and not deal with a litany of promises they never deliver on.  It's likewise insulting, because this half baked release should have taken another two weeks to come out at minimum.  It should not have been promised in October, and the integration with the melee nerf...3.0 revision 2.0, or whatever they're packaging it as...didn't do us any favors.

On 2019-11-13 at 7:45 AM, master_of_destiny said:

I cannot tell if this is sarcasm, or if it's resignation.  

The content is 13 weapons.  Of which two are truly new, one is a dual version, and everything else is a skin with slight stat modifications.

I agree the Kohm getting an easy 100% status build is good, but Rivens could do that before (I have 2 of 3 which do that, and make it better than the Tigris as a pure shotgun sans sniping).  The Ogris is a great deal of fun now that the charge mechanic is gone, even if the splash damage is terrible against enemies but great for suicide.  The Chakkhurr is...wtf.  A non-sniper rifle that uses the sniper ammo pool and cannot zoom, but in return there's a small explosion on impact that doesn't cause self damage.  The rest I cannot comment on because 2-3 days of grind for one fun with random rolls of power is just too much to justify more than twice in a week.

If DE was trying for anything more than grind, they'd have implemented this better.  As it stands, it's like seeing the rough draft for Shadows of Mordor, and instantly understanding why there needed to be about 4 more iterations.  Your enemies cannot be controlled, a stronger enemy isn't going to make you a stronger weapon or assistant, and from what I've seen the AI for the converted is basically incapable of doing any assisting.  Yeah, I think this show either the update was rushed and broken, or DE can't replicate what they see.  I don't believe the later is true, but it seems like I may have to admit that there's no vision and thus no real way to discern inability to deliver and delivery without thought to how things mesh.

Put into one sentence, Kuva weapons suck and this update is the most eloquent demonstration of what is wrong with the game.

Putting that into perspective, DE is already using the partners to put out information they aren't sharing through the official channels.  They know this was a mess, and it's the first time they've not immediately gone on blast calling people who don't praise this haters and suggesting that we don't understand the vision.  It's nice to get professional answers, and not deal with a litany of promises they never deliver on.  It's likewise insulting, because this half baked release should have taken another two weeks to come out at minimum.  It should not have been promised in October, and the integration with the melee nerf...3.0 revision 2.0, or whatever they're packaging it as...didn't do us any favors.

I completely agree with this.

What was hyped, announced to players was a real, smart boss system, with an end-game epic arch-nemesis that would demand our "best gear and skills".

Aaand this ends with a messy, trivial and broken infinite grind loop where you just have to collect some rng weapons and...trade your bazillionth Lich. Because they are just big, tradable mobs you can stack like potatoes. 

Never before such lack of vision and sad, blend designing have slaped me like that in this game. Disapointment is a real kind word. 

If the Kuva Lich missions are going to include Excavations, could you PLEASE buff the extractors?  2500 health is no bueno for enemies that can rip through it in one to two seconds.  It makes these mission nodes nearly impossible to beat without just banging your head through 9 extracted resources at a time.

4 часа назад, IceBlueEyesX сказал:

If the Kuva Lich missions are going to include Excavations, could you PLEASE buff the extractors?  2500 health is no bueno for enemies that can rip through it in one to two seconds.  It makes these mission nodes nearly impossible to beat without just banging your head through 9 extracted resources at a time.

Time to unshelve that Frost or Limbo.

But yeah, 2500 is just an insult, when top bounty on Orb Valis extractor got what, 60 or 70k out of box? If I remember correctly

14 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Haha not a bad idea, I've got that many relics I would need to get an internet signal in my coffin that's how many I have and would never open them all in the time playing the game and with getting more as rewards way to many.

i'd be happy if this did get put in. it could easily be hotfixed into the game

Even if we get duplicates on an A-B rotation, it still means we're getting duplicates, and we're having to waste our charges on our Parazon mods to get rid of that Lich. I don't see how this is so hard to understand. What's worse is the fact that once you get to say, 12 of the 13 weapons, you still have 13 weapons in the drop table. That means if you need the Kuva Brakk, and your current Lich has the Kuva Karak and you kill it, there are STILL 11 other weapons plus yours that can drop next. I forgot the exact numbers, but I believe you "increased" the chances of getting the Kuva Brakk by 0.3. Normally I'd go through all the math, because that's kind of my thing, but at this point I just don't care enough.

The Kuva Liches are "on the right track", but the amount of grind and RNG these things have kinda kills it. If I'm going to grind, I want my grind to be worth while. That's the main reason I don't do Bora Snorewave anymore. The only reward she has of value is the Umbra Forma, and her cred offerings don't appeal to me since I've been around long enough to have those already. She isn't rewarding, and sadly the Liches are in a similar position right now. Their weapons, while unique, aren't enough of an improvement to warrant this level of frustration. We waited over 2 years for this system to come out. And what we got is... Half baked.

On 2019-11-10 at 5:43 PM, Revelator_13 said:

It's good that you've added an opt-in for people that don't want to do the lich content just yet, however - there are some of us that played before the opt in option was a thing and was forced into it even though we didn't want to. An opt-out would be nice, but I don't see that happening. I want to do the lich content when I'm ready to do it and not be forced into it.

There are still a few things broken since the big patch:

• Fishing still causes the spear to be stuck to the wrong arm after thrown the first time.
  • Throwing and missing the spear during fishing causes an animation lock for a second or two where you can't move or throw again.
  • Still no way to reliably dismount the archwing on PoE or OV - this is especially frustrating while trying to do an Eidolon hunt or the Thermia Fractures.

Then my biggest complaint: The lich stealing items after a mission.

I didn't want to do the lich content yet, so I'm still putting it off and now I'm being punished for it. This is negative reinforcement and leaves a bad taste. You'll find positive reinforcement to do content to be a much more compelling and rewarding system.

Most people will say: "Eh, it's just mod here or there." and for the most part they would be right. Simple mod drops being stolen isn't that bad - but it can be. Farming that rare mod in the lich sector? Better hope it doesn't get stolen.

For me - it's The Index. I don't like The Index, but like most people, I do it because I need credits. Then the credits gets stolen, not only is the entire reward and my whole reason for doing The Index taken from me, but my investment is lost as well - even if I won. This is terrible design and puts me off from doing many things since I need credits for most things and can't reliably farm it without being punished by it.

Don't do this. I've lost my reward twice now and honestly don't feel like playing anymore.

To add to my previous post:

After playing some more, the Index seems to be a special case which you should address. The reward is treated as an item instead of credits so all of it gets taken, including your investment. Every other mission I've played where credits are involved only a fraction of it gets taken. I wouldn't be nearly as upset if only a proportionate fraction of the credits are taken.

There are still several bugs with the new melee system relating to archwing, including the one I mentioned in my quoted post. Another thing I've noticed:

• When holding E to swtich to full melee in archwing, since you can't quick melee in it at all, you're stuck in full melee for the rest of the mission. There's no way to switch back to your gun.

I haven't done any of the new content yet, but overall the changes to the lich system sounds good.

17 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

They're not putting them on blast, because they're simply removing a lot of their comments...

I cannot justify this statement.  As of this moment, I will walk away from it and hope that what you are referring to is social media.  The social media being the primary source for information, despite having a wiki and website, is a baffling and backwards way to structure things.  

I hope greatly that this is not the case.  If you start scrubbing your detractors you often forget what exactly it is they can add to the proceedings.  Listing off a small number of things which anger from the community are responsible for DE finally getting off their backsides and fixing:

1. Universal vacuum.
  2. The original Oberon rebuild that absolutely sucked.
  3. Movement 2.0, or the removal of super jump as a requirement for a power slot.
  4. Abiliies requiring a mod slot.  Remember those good old days when you could get Loki as a starter, but not go invisible until you could grind the mod much later in the star chart?
  5. Abilities unlocking as you rank up with a frame.
  6. Removal of the requirement for 1024 mods to be farmed to get a fully ranked health/armor/shield mod.  Yeah, endo was after a miserable time with the old mod system.
  7. etc....

If DE forgets that there were a lot of stupid decisions made, and they fixed them after either community anger or feedback, we're going to get more crap like the Lich system.  It must be good because it just copies a well known and loved system, right?  It couldn't be that they installed so much grind and RNG into the system, without a reward matching the associated challenge.  It couldn't be that people are angry that the big mainline update promised just isn't fun enough to cover the broken RNG system.  It also couldn't be that a 180 level grind (30+32+34+36+38+40) to unlock the potential on a weapon that may or may not be what you wanted with a desired element is a thing.

I've already done quite a bit to propose basic fixes to the system.  Let me offer one last basic change, that would make all of my whining stop and the system function.  You start the Lich run by completing a series of spy vaults.  The spy vaults offer you a random selection of potential Liches, based upon the a list of weapons you haven't gotten, until you get all 13.  After the 13 are had, it's an RNG roll from all 13.  The chosen mission would allow you to select a warframe, and complete an exterminate that unlocks a Lich.  100% player consent, player choice on buffs, and the game still gets RNG on where and what the buffs to the Lich are.  You can then incorporate all of the other suggestions, leaning heavily on the murmur system being jettisoned into the sun (where it belongs).  

DE get to have a Lich system straight out of Mordor.  Liches get stronger by player consent, they can keep the stupid mods, players still have an incentive to get multiple variants of weapons (for the bonuses), but stuff they don't like can be obtained, worked through mastery, then sold off.  

But what do I know?  What do any of us know?  Yeah, steps 1-7 above are a huge finger pointing to us knowing the game better than them.  As they put it, they can't find all of the bugs that players can...but they sure can release something where basic mechanics are bugged.  I used to think this was just small errors, but after the Eidolons and Raids...I think it's either a feature or they are unable to be better.  Either way, it's time for another mob justice "haters gonna hate" incident to get them back on track.

Archived