Jump to content
[DE]Megan

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.6 + 26.0.6.1

Recommended Posts

Still find this content hilarious. 

It's been 7 days and received 7 days worth of hotfixes. 

Nothing about it sounds fun or rewarding. In fact, im more interested in NOT doing it.

I feel sorry for this community tbh. They will endure the most disgusting time sinks and jump through any hoop placed before them because they're so starved for something to do in this game.

It's entertaining to watch people argue and yell and struggle with this unfinished loop. All for a stupid RNG Gun....

Edited by IIDMOII
  • Like 2
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Numerikuu said:

The current final mission of the Sortie is bugged. After Kela dies the door to leave doesn't open. It seems like Kela's death isn't triggering properly as I'm able to push her stiff corpse around via melee lol. Unable to complete sortie because of this.

That has nothing to do with this hotfix, and is also a bug with that fight that has been around for ages, happens from time to time, not just in sorties.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The merging system is a nice start, and trading Kuva Liches will be helpful. It would be nice to see Lich trading have some limitations to prevent another Riven mess, though.

Can the duplicate merger system be improved to upgrade the bonus damage rolls as well? Trading will be nice for weapons we don't have, but the huge range on bonus damage values needs some sort of bad luck protection as well. Otherwise, I foresee a huge drop in player participation in the Kuva Lich hunts as soon as trading hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

VALENCE TRANSFER

Can the weapon in that image be placed lower so as not to merged with the words? What is that designer thinking!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey de can you adjust how grendel buff people with his toxin because if my friend is using heat for the proc my toxin buff will make him have gas

also energy shouldn't ramp up if you only have 1 enemy in your belly, i like to carry around the damage buff enemies but eventually it gets to taxing and spitting them out will for sure kill them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey folks.

We are aware of an issue surrounding Valence Transfers not working. We are looking into it right now.

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dapal003 said:

Great, I just transferred a 26% elemental heat to a 25% elemental toxin. And guess what I get in return? Lower damage on every stat! What the hell DE?

This is a thing I discovered some time ago before the update. Seems that basic weapon stats are converted into the elemental bonus a little bit since every weapon with higher % bonus has lower IPS and basic values but overall total damage is higher. It's weird but it's not bad in the end. I just hope they could explain this one out better since it does not feel like an intended feature. They could also just not lower the basic values at all since that would be much easier to deal with. I don't like my slash being lowered 😞

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, [DE]Bear said:

Hey folks.

We are aware of an issue surrounding Valence Transfers not working. We are looking into it right now.

Very speedy response on that one. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Senguash said:

Thanks for the hotfix.

Can we get a revision to the bloodrush change?

Crit chance, from maiming strike, sacrificial steel, rivens and otherwise is basically a dead stat now.

Which really sucks.

To an extend the same can be said for +damage and condition overload but I think that's less of a problem by comparison.

I really like the range changes, the blocking changes, and even the way maiming strike was nerfed. The overall stat changes are mostly good. Some people might disagree with this but I think the overall powerlevel of melee post-changes is pretty reasonable.

This is so close to being all around great, we just need modding melees to make sense again. Right now it just doesn't. This change reduced the number of viable mods to the point where picking the 8 best is no longer difficult.

Changing a mandatory mod in way which kills off a core stat is just not a good idea. I wanna make absolutely clear that the requests for having this change reverted has nothing to do with the overall powerlevel, and everything to do with how it breaks modding.

Also I really like the kuva liches, moreso with each hotfix. I hope we continue to see improvements towards balancing the murmur/brute force progression. 30/30/50 for the murmur requirements feels a bit strange. I think 20/30/40 would feel better.

Learn to build better, bloodrush is a lot better than before, while maiming strike should not be as op as it was. with a combo muliplier of 12 and bloodrush at 60% you can get 720% cc times weapon's crit while before you could only get at 660 with a combo mp of 4 (you can keep getting at 12 now extremly easy even if it resets while maintaining 4 in old melee was a pain) current melee is a lot more fun to use and more damaging than before even if it nerfed my dear sarpa

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Callback said:

Wow, you did this in just about the worst way you could have.

 

It only fixes the problem of waiting to invest in and rank weapons.  It does nothing to stop weaker duplicates from being worthless, or to mitigate how S#&$ty the RNG element bonuses feel to have in the game.

 

Instead of an overwriting transfer, it should be an upgrade.  If we get a 20% garbage roll, we should be able to consume it to at least slightly buff an existing weapon's bonus up towards the maximum allowed value.  It should be guaranteed progression towards a fixed goal at a variable pace.  We have enough terrible RNG with huge investment for zero guaranteed rewards with rivens.  Which, frankly, should change too.

That sounds like a reasonable idea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wait, so we're gonna be farming these guns which take like 1 hours atleast to farm for like a 1% dmg increase?  T_T'''  you better be able to smash like 100 guns together or something.  Just un-nerf the kuva weapon rivens... and you wouldnt even need to friggin upgrade these stupid guns(which again, idk why youd want to for a 1% increase)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another hot-fix and a feature... you guys are working too hard! Make sure you take regular breaks and don't overdo it!.
Thanks for merging is great feature! 

Edited by Excelion-Skyclaw
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sniga said:

Pubs are more toxic than fun at the moment with everyone yelling "stab yours i need mine to spawn".

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Z067piq.png

 

Public isn't toxic because people are yelling 'stab yours i need mind to spawn". Public has become toxic because people aren't killing their Lich and it screws over everyone else in the group. If you don't want to raise the Lich level and just want to farm murmurs, do the mission solo. Not killing your Lich in a public match is a d!ck move.

Edited by Flex238
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The posting will continue until the recommendations are taken.

 

Grendel: The great and terrible eater of worlds. He's the unholy combination of terrifying, ridiculous, and...strangely effective. Though, he's not the best frame out there as he has some minor problems with scaling. He scales well, just not at the level of godly. I'm perfectly fine with Grendel as is, but consider this post not as a complaint, but more of a 'wishlist' of improvements to his kit. I'll be giving my reasons for them as well to prevent confusion.

1. Feast is very energy consuming. At base, it takes 1.5 energy per second to keep an enemy in your belly, and adds another 1.5 per additional enemy you suck up. Thus, it can be difficult for Grendel to keep his lunch, so to speak. If you lose all your energy, Grendel will barf out every enemy that was in his gut. Unless you're using rage or hunter adrenaline (As you probably should), it will be very difficult to keep a steady energy supply. Not to mention that keeping enemies in your gut is key to keeping certain targets out of the fight, like Eximus, nullifiers, or noxes in particular.
Solution 1: Remove energy drain, but limit enemy cap  to 20.
Solution 2: Reduce energy drain from 1.5 to 1 per enemy.
WHY: 
If you remove the energy drain, but limit enemy caps, it prevents Grendel from overfeeding. It will in turn give his expulsion part of Feast more use, as it can expel enemies that have their armor stripped, and make use of its innate toxin effect. (I also think it should do a giant gas proc in front of him for burps but that isn't important. Toilet humor ha ha ha.) You can always kill enemies with Pulverize to prevent your enemy cap from hitting max by simply killing them with jumps. In addition, having no energy drain would allow Grendel to more consistently use his gluttony passive for increased armor. As for Solution 2, It would simply be a quality of life change to make keeping enemies easier, but still keeping the enjoyment of sucking up the entire map.

2-A. Visibility and functionality of Nourish. Nourish is a great ability for buffing your team and healing yourself. The first problem with it lies with how visible your available buffs are. If you want to use a buff, you must cycle through them to highlight the one you want to use. If you don't have the correct enemy for the buff, it won't show that buff. Here's the problem: Sometimes you forget what you ate for breakfast. You end up wasting a few seconds and casts trying to cycle the buff you want.
Solution: Have a cycle wheel similar to Ivara, Vauban, or Khora along with buff icons with highlights to indicate what is available at first glance.
WHY: 
I don't think any explanation is needed other than "It would look a lot better and be easier to see what I have ready".

2-B. Nourish's healing value??? Nourish is capable of healing you, but the value of which it heals you seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it'll only heal for 50 health, other times 200 per cast. No one seems to have any idea how to calculate this. I don't know, the community doesn't know, the wiki doesn't know, hell, I don't think DE knows either.
Solution: Let's normalize the healing value. For the first enemy in line for Nourish, Grendel takes 10% of that enemies health and heals himself for that value, not applying armor damage reduction, as it just takes their health.
WHY: In theory, this should have a different effect depending on how high enemy level is. On low levels, it should only heal him a bit, since he probably doesn't need it considering how tanky he is by default and when paired with his armor passive. On high levels, it should nearly fully heal Grendel because of how high enemy health can get. He'll need it too, since enemies that high can put out a lot of damage at once.

3. Regurgitate feels underused. The only reasons I would consider using this is either for chucking enemies out of the open map and into the skybox, killing low level trash, or memes. It doesn't feel like the deadly projectile vomit it was designed to be.
Solution: Have the damage of Regurgitate scale with the CURRENT health of the enemy you spit out, and deal a guaranteed toxin proc to whatever it hits.
WHY: If you deal scaling damage to enemies with the baddies stored in your gut, Grendel will have a more direct method of killing, as well as a way to deal with unwanted enemies in his belly. Your recently acquired prey goes from "useless meat sacks" to "live ammunition". Any enemy that doesn't instantly die to the body vomited at their face will slowly be poisoned to death from the toxin proc they're hit with. I chose toxin because it is consistent with the damage types in the rest of his kit, and uses similar damage calculations to slash procs. Scaling damage is key to longterm relevance, so adding that alongside a way to bypass armor in a fair way is a great improvement.

  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The_Xtreme said:

We need a way to SCRAP liches from the get go. I think this combing weapons so the weapon we invest time into can get the better stats is step in the right direction, but it's a baby step. But what about the weapons I don't give a rats rear end about? I have zero interest in Kuva Seer, Kuva Kraken and kuva Quartakk(would change my mind if you give mechanics like Tiberon Prime) outside of the Master Rank Exp. So for now I am personally done with liches until this problem is actually fixed. Cause spending 4+ hours to get a dupe of a weapon I didn't even want to begin with to hope and pray I don't have to spend ANOTHER 4+ hours again for another dupe I don't want IS NOT FUN or Motivating in the slightest.  Also what happens when get that "perfect" 90%(or what ever the number is) then dupes are 100% worthless. Trading is not the answer, I will take it over nothing, but I can't trade ephemera's and those are awesome(no seriously those made the ephmeras hit it out the park) and what I really want.

I have been saying from the start to change the auto fire from the hip, burst when aimed,,mechanic". They are don't give a *$@% about the kuva quartakk or any not popular kuva weapons because nobody will use them after getting the mastery XP so why even bother? Of course, the quartakk main's or any other weapon mains who has been used the original weapon for hundreds of hours are being ignored. Because DE knows people just use the  ignis wraith, catchmoon, lanka, zarr, and other meta weapons so why bother fixing the not meta ones?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 15 minutes, MemeTerrorist a dit :

I regret to inform you that Kuva weapons don't give MR, as stated multiple times during devstreams.

They do, check your information please.

Edited by papry
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, .Command said:

wait, so we're gonna be farming these guns which take like 1 hours atleast to farm for like a 1% dmg increase?  T_T'''  you better be able to smash like 100 guns together or something.  Just un-nerf the kuva weapon rivens... and you wouldnt even need to friggin upgrade these stupid guns(which again, idk why youd want to for a 1% increase)

I obviously havent played Diablo... or any power mmo 😄 1% for 1 hour is like - holy hell this is too broken. Someday in other games you get 1% for a week of grinding... if you're lucky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

@[DE]Megan No mention of fixing the progression stopping bug preventing some people from ever triggering the Larvling spawn window (no light flickers, no spawn).

Can we get acknowledgement on this? It's a pretty sad state to have to fight other players in pub matches to steal their Larvling because we can't make our own.

This is a thing??? I haven't had a Larvling spawn in 3 days 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrTitan123 said:

The posting will continue until the recommendations are taken.

 

Grendel: The great and terrible eater of worlds. He's the unholy combination of terrifying, ridiculous, and...strangely effective. Though, he's not the best frame out there as he has some minor problems with scaling. He scales well, just not at the level of godly. I'm perfectly fine with Grendel as is, but consider this post not as a complaint, but more of a 'wishlist' of improvements to his kit. I'll be giving my reasons for them as well to prevent confusion.

1. Feast is very energy consuming. At base, it takes 1.5 energy per second to keep an enemy in your belly, and adds another 1.5 per additional enemy you suck up. Thus, it can be difficult for Grendel to keep his lunch, so to speak. If you lose all your energy, Grendel will barf out every enemy that was in his gut. Unless you're using rage or hunter adrenaline (As you probably should), it will be very difficult to keep a steady energy supply. Not to mention that keeping enemies in your gut is key to keeping certain targets out of the fight, like Eximus, nullifiers, or noxes in particular.
Solution 1: Remove energy drain, but limit enemy cap  to 20.
Solution 2: Reduce energy drain from 1.5 to 1 per enemy.
WHY: 
If you remove the energy drain, but limit enemy caps, it prevents Grendel from overfeeding. It will in turn give his expulsion part of Feast more use, as it can expel enemies that have their armor stripped, and make use of its innate toxin effect. (I also think it should do a giant gas proc in front of him for burps but that isn't important. Toilet humor ha ha ha.) You can always kill enemies with Pulverize to prevent your enemy cap from hitting max by simply killing them with jumps. In addition, having no energy drain would allow Grendel to more consistently use his gluttony passive for increased armor. As for Solution 2, It would simply be a quality of life change to make keeping enemies easier, but still keeping the enjoyment of sucking up the entire map.

2-A. Visibility and functionality of Nourish. Nourish is a great ability for buffing your team and healing yourself. The first problem with it lies with how visible your available buffs are. If you want to use a buff, you must cycle through them to highlight the one you want to use. If you don't have the correct enemy for the buff, it won't show that buff. Here's the problem: Sometimes you forget what you ate for breakfast. You end up wasting a few seconds and casts trying to cycle the buff you want.
Solution: Have a cycle wheel similar to Ivara, Vauban, or Khora along with buff icons with highlights to indicate what is available at first glance.
WHY: 
I don't think any explanation is needed other than "It would look a lot better and be easier to see what I have ready".

2-B. Nourish's healing value??? Nourish is capable of healing you, but the value of which it heals you seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it'll only heal for 50 health, other times 200 per cast. No one seems to have any idea how to calculate this. I don't know, the community doesn't know, the wiki doesn't know, hell, I don't think DE knows either.
Solution: Let's normalize the healing value. For the first enemy in line for Nourish, Grendel takes 10% of that enemies health and heals himself for that value, not applying armor damage reduction, as it just takes their health.
WHY: In theory, this should have a different effect depending on how high enemy level is. On low levels, it should only heal him a bit, since he probably doesn't need it considering how tanky he is by default and when paired with his armor passive. On high levels, it should nearly fully heal Grendel because of how high enemy health can get. He'll need it too, since enemies that high can put out a lot of damage at once.

3. Regurgitate feels underused. The only reasons I would consider using this is either for chucking enemies out of the open map and into the skybox, killing low level trash, or memes. It doesn't feel like the deadly projectile vomit it was designed to be.
Solution: Have the damage of Regurgitate scale with the CURRENT health of the enemy you spit out, and deal a guaranteed toxin proc to whatever it hits.
WHY: If you deal scaling damage to enemies with the baddies stored in your gut, Grendel will have a more direct method of killing, as well as a way to deal with unwanted enemies in his belly. Your recently acquired prey goes from "useless meat sacks" to "live ammunition". Any enemy that doesn't instantly die to the body vomited at their face will slowly be poisoned to death from the toxin proc they're hit with. I chose toxin because it is consistent with the damage types in the rest of his kit, and uses similar damage calculations to slash procs. Scaling damage is key to longterm relevance, so adding that alongside a way to bypass armor in a fair way is a great improvement.

  •  

Great suggestions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reposting from the last couple hotfix threads: Arcane Acceleration still has no effect while firing the Kuva Kohm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we have so kuva weapons don't have a different riven disposition then their non-kuva variants? This is completely different than all other weapons with variants in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

Still find this content hilarious. 

It's been 7 days and received 7 days worth of hotfixes. 

Nothing about it sounds fun or rewarding. In fact, im more interested in NOT doing it.

I feel sorry for this community tbh. They will endure the most disgusting time sinks and jump through any hoop placed before them because they're so starved for something to do in this game.

It's entertaining to watch people argue and yell and struggle with this unfinished loop. All for a stupid RNG Gun....

It is sad that we already have a game that requires more grinding than any mmo but they keep trying to add more grind. Its like they prepared food that is way too salty and we keep asking for less salt and in response they proceed to dump even more salt on it.

  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe there could be an option to consume any kuva lich weapon to contribute a small % extra bonus, even if it's only 10% of the listed value. So for example, I have a 55% Kuva Twin Stubbas (I do, in fact!) I get a 30% Ogris duplicate. I consume the Ogris to give the Kuva Twin Stubbas +3%, now it's 58%. This would allow players to eventually polish their weapons to max, without creating an enormous crazy nigh-infinite long-grind that puts players at the mercy of RNG and creates 'have' and 'have not' groups in addition to completely excluding players who don't have the time, patience or cash (once trading is implemented) to attempt it. It would also ensure that none of the weapons, no matter how bad their roll, are unwanted. I'll be honest. I'm very concerned about how valuable the really high 55%+ rolls, but ESPECIALLY the few 60% rolls out there of the most-liked kuva weapons will end up without something like this in place, once trading liches becomes a thing.

Also, please bring back kuva drops from thralls and shared murmer progress from liches. Please? Those were excellent decisions that got rolled back seemingly in a panic and I just do not understand why.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...