Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valence Transfer: missing the point (again)

veryhighcholesterol

what would stop people from rushing through the conetent, getting the most powerful weapons and then complain that there is no "sustainable content" then?

chill and eat a salad to keep your cholesterol in check

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Hold up what happened now?

they allowed us fuse dublicate Lich weapons. keeping Forma, Potato etc but replacing the elemental bonus.

This is to alleviate the problem that you could get a better weapon down the line and effectively having double the grind

Edited by Helch0rn
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Hold up what happened now?

New system where you can merge 2 of the same kuva weapons without losing all your forma/potatoes etc.  Useful if a better stat comes along, op is complaining about the fact that the stats have an rng on the values (and I do agree with them on it). 

2 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

what would people from rushing through the conetent, getting the most powerful weapons and then complain that there is no "sustainable content" then?

chill and eat a salad to keep your cholesterol in check

Totally agree with you on this.

The rng nature of the element roll makes it a long term goal to work towards the "perfect" weapon. It's no different than the work towards rolling a godly Riven.

It exists because there are a lot of players who want their "sustainable" content and to be rewarded for it at the same time.

Also them having random rolls doesn't miss any point, it is the point. The transfer system is so that people can actually use and invest into their weapon without worrying about finding a better roll later on.

• Like 6

I think it gets the point. They want a system which provides a continuous reason to keep returning to it, that being the promise of reaching higher power levels. This just makes it easier and actively encourages dedicating to these weapons. Now all we need is some way to cash out weapons we don't want or are weaker so there won't be any "empty rewards" essentially.

Edited by Annnoth

16 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Oh more rng? Welp never mind I guess um not missing much.

it's not more RNG it helps you to avoid more grind when you find a better weapon

an example:

you get a Kuva weapon with 30% toxin damage.

you potato it, add 5 Forma to get it to Level 40 (like the Paracesis) and add a lens

later you find the Same weapon but it has 60% heat damage and you decide you like that weapon more.

you could invest another potato, 5 Forma and a lens to get it to the same point you had your first weapon at.

Or you fuse your new weapon into the old one. Keeping the installed upgrades but replacing the 30% Toxin with 60% Heat effectively upgrading your already maxxed weapon

The absolute obliviousness taking place in this thread. COOL you got your 13th Ogris and you can combine it with your 10th Ogris to slightly increase the elemental bonus on it. The point is that its a complete SLOG to get the weapon you want because you keep getting duplicates of weapons you don't want.

1 hour ago, Helch0rn said:

what would stop people from rushing through the conetent, getting the most powerful weapons and then complain that there is no "sustainable content" then?

A forced cooldown perhaps. You would get a lich from doing a special capture mission that goes wrong, and just like "help Clem" that mission can only be done once per week. Could let us straight up choose the weapon we want, it'd still be a good amount of "content" until railjack drops.

Edited by Llamatronian

12 minutes ago, BananaSlamJamma said:

The absolute obliviousness taking place in this thread. COOL you got your 13th Ogris and you can combine it with your 10th Ogris to slightly increase the elemental bonus on it. The point is that its a complete SLOG to get the weapon you want because you keep getting duplicates of weapons you don't want.

Well hopefully that changes with the "Kuva Lich Trading" thing they are talking about? Maybe we just need to give it a little time....

21 minutes ago, cmacq said:

Well hopefully that changes with the "Kuva Lich Trading" thing they are talking about? Maybe we just need to give it a little time....

I hope I can just buy contracts through trade chat so I can get all my Mastery, all 7 Blazing Step 2.0 Vengeful Ephemeras, and be done with the system.

Edited by Voltage

They didn’t solve the RNG root of the cause. Duplicate weapon fusion is just band-aid.

If DE insist to lengthen the gameplay time, at least add some kind of control mechanism that players can narrow down the RNG element, can get the weapon they want after some time.

Now with purely RNG bs, players saw, “oh fk 10th seer?” And just quit. This is not how “consistent content” is done.

I would much rather have seen a system where some portion of the bonus from a new weapon can be added to an old weapon of the same type, eventually hitting a cap.  Replacing the value doesn't make any sense if the new bonus is lower, and maybe you just don't want to mess up the elemental type of the gun you already have - it would also make getting duplicates less annoying if they actually give you a sense of making something better.

6 hours ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

They didn’t solve the RNG root of the cause. Duplicate weapon fusion is just band-aid.

If DE insist to lengthen the gameplay time, at least add some kind of control mechanism that players can narrow down the RNG element, can get the weapon they want after some time.

Now with purely RNG bs, players saw, “oh fk 10th seer?” And just quit. This is not how “consistent content” is done.

Guess you missed the part about Lich Trading? I'm assuming trading my Lich is trading the weapon he has to offer. I mean that would be the point I think. Time will tell I guess

8 hours ago, Llamatronian said:

A forced cooldown perhaps. You would get a lich from doing a special capture mission that goes wrong, and just like "help Clem" that mission can only be done once per week. Could let us straight up choose the weapon we want, it'd still be a good amount of "content" until railjack drops.

this would you only cause complaints about DE timegating the content.

the way the system is right now is quite good imo. You can farm liches whenever you want and how much you want, you can influence the element of you liches weapon by the frame you are using and you can fuse duplicate weapons if you find a better one.