Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Good Shotgun ?

Matxer

Question

23 answers to this question

the strun is a great entry level shotgun the boar is lower dmg than strun with faster fire rate and the sobek is a rapid fire shotgun with large magazine while the hek is very high dmg with small magazine and average fire rate if your looking for a good first shotgun your better off with the strun that is why it can be bought with credits instead of requiring crafting

Depends from your style. For mastery 4 Hek has top stopping power, while Sobek deals a bit less but can shoot something like 5 times more before reloading (20 clip size vs 4, up to 32 with mods), and in full auto.

All else is more or less equal between the two. (well, no, Sobek reload times are a bit longer)

As for mastery 3... yeah, Strun. Isn't a horribly powerful weapon, but will be enough for a while and it's good enough to learn the ropes of shotties if you intend to move to Hek or Sobek at mastery 4.

Sobek is better than Hek.

By far.

The damage difference is not big enough between the two to warrant Hek's drawbacks. The only category where Hek definitely wins is appearance; it is a sexy Shotgun.

not rly

in my opinion hek is by far better, it has a better handling the reloadtime is better, way better, sure you don't need to reload thaat much but in most cases you won't need to shoot many enemies at the same time. not at his level, also the stronger dmg per shot will result in better ammo economy,

not rly

in my opinion hek is by far better, it has a better handling the reloadtime is better, way better, sure you don't need to reload thaat much but in most cases you won't need to shoot many enemies at the same time. not at his level, also the stronger dmg per shot will result in better ammo economy,

Have you tried both? You're wastly overstating the capabilities of the Hek. The damage difference is rather insignificant, there are only a few enemies which won't get one-shot by both if they are modded equally. Also, the reload speed is made irrelevant by the fact that the Sobek has five times the shots per magazine.

Unless you only face four enemies at a time, you'll still waste more time reloading with the Hek because of how often you have to do it. Sobek can clear out a room faster than the Hek and then just reload as you are moving between rooms, safe. Hek has to waste time reloading between each set of four enemies in a room, and do so while under fire.

But who cares, tbh, Strun Wraith leaves all the other shotguns in the dust, lol. All those potatoes and forma in my Hek/Sobek for nothing...

Edited by Brimir

Have you tried both? You're wastly overstating the capabilities of the Hek. The damage difference is rather insignificant, there are only a few enemies which won't get one-shot by both if they are modded equally. Also, the reload speed is made irrelevant by the fact that the Sobek has five times the shots per magazine.

Unless you only face four enemies at a time, you'll still waste more time reloading with the Hek because of how often you have to do it. Sobek can clear out a room faster than the Hek and then just reload as you are moving between rooms, safe. Hek has to waste time reloading between each set of four enemies in a room, and do so while under fire.

But who cares, tbh, Strun Wraith leaves all the other shotguns in the dust, lol. All those potatoes and forma in my Hek/Sobek for nothing...

I tried both all with potatoes and maxxed out, I reload often, I reload if I just shoot once, reload time is more impotant for me than just simply high mags

No it is not, because magazine capacity reduces the need for reload speed. Besides...

Hek reloads roughly twice as fast as Sobek.

Sobek has five times the magazine capacity of Hek.

I don't know if you've ever played any other shooter than warframe, you get used to reload your weapon have your weapon mag at max even if you only shot once of 100 bullets ;)

So then your argument is for your playstyle, not the superiority of the Hek.

you should choose weapons according your playstyle not efficiency, if you go for efficiency only you shouldn't talk about shotguns at all and get a rifle. and if he still likes shotguns but wants to go for efficiency: bronco or bronco prime

And when I reach mastery rank 4 ?

Hek or sobek both can get the job done. Sobek can get a huge magazine with ammo stock and is full-auto. Hek is good for higher ammo efficiency, but the 4 magazine base can make reloading an issue. Sobek is overall easier to use, if you just want a good all-round gun.

DPS wise

Strun Wraith > Boar Prime > Boar > Sobek > Hek > Strun

For playstyle related factors, you will have to experience it yourself. 

My recommendation is to get the Boar to try first. It is a very fun  experience with the Rag-Doll Kill effect that is found only in Boar/Boar Prime among the shotguns.

you should choose weapons according your playstyle not efficiency, if you go for efficiency only you shouldn't talk about shotguns at all and get a rifle. and if he still likes shotguns but wants to go for efficiency: bronco or bronco prime

Actually... none mentioned bronco prime. It's a bit like pocket hek from the wiki page. I think I'm going to farm him asap. :)

Actually... none mentioned bronco prime. It's a bit like pocket hek from the wiki page. I think I'm going to farm him asap. :)

thanks to the "no return" buff it's extremly strong 180% multishot, 90% armor pen and 220% base+ also pistols don't suffer from range drop

^pretty nice.

And it's also mastery 0 if the wiki is correct. The OP might like this.

Too bad that it needs 10 orokin cells... now that's a pain to farm. If only Void had them instead of dropping insane amounts of asinine Control Modules that are Corpus tech.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

^pretty nice.

And it's also mastery 0 if the wiki is correct. The OP might like this.

Too bad that it needs 10 orokin cells... now that's a pain to farm. If only Void had them instead of dropping insane amounts of asinine Control Modules that are Corpus tech.

the normal bronco is already really nice

with stunning speed you have a 0.6s reload time, it's like you have a 2+shot burst with 210mag