Sign in to follow this  
Competent_Juggernaut

Option to Melee on Left Mouse Click for People with Disabilities

Hello my name is CJ and i have cerebral palsy. Because of this my muscles spasm, and Because of my muscle spasms, I need to separate actions between both my hands to be able to do pretty much any task. Unfortunately, repeatedly and accurately pressing ctrl + space + e + shift + x (and yes I know I can rebind these) is a little too much for my poor ol' left hand to handle, essentially rendering me unable to use any melee weapon effectively, and thus locking away roughly a third of the fun weapons for me.

With the return of a dedicated melee mode (by holding switch weapon key) the left mouse button becomes unbound to any action, and if i was able to bind it to the melee button (only while in that mode) I could finally accurately use melee again as it seperates that task to differnet hands. (Movement on my left and attacking on my right) and if i need to use range i can simply tap the change weapons key to use my ranged weapons again.

Thank you for reading!

PS: I love you guys ❤️

Edited by Competent_Juggernaut

It should be bound to Fire Weapon while in melee mode. I have an Xbox controller just for melee runs, to the point I don't have reload bound on it. If memory serves, when you switch it should translate Fire Weapon into Melee attack, though your combos will still use your Melee Attack icon (say, Q for me).

If it isn't behaving, though, I can only hope you find a solution.

huh... look at that... i never saw that setting in the options.... Good to know.
Hope that helps the OP with his problem.

PS: That name yo! LOL! @Yuri_Doujinshi