Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atomos + Seeker?

oreom

Question

I have been running Atomos for a while now, trying to make it a bit more viable for Index, SO and Sorties.

Is the Seeker (+punchthrough) worth using with Atomos? 

From playing with and without, I think it sort of chains better and pierces some shields/barriers, but not sure if the benefits are worth the massive drain.

Any opinions from more experienced players would be appreciated.

8 answers to this question

imo punch through on Atomos is unnecessary. Punch Through's purpose is to kill multiple mobs at once, while Atomos itself has 2 characteristics which can do that already: Particle chain and Wide beam.

Another theoretical point is that Atomos' range is too short (15m) to be effective with Punch Through.

If u need another utility mod, use Ruinous Extension, or add more Corrosive/heat to corrode Grineers and Infested into liquid state. I would do the latter btw.

Edited by Diangelius
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

imo punch through on Atomos is unnecessary. Punch Through's purpose is to kill multiple mobs at once, while Atomos itself has 2 characteristics which can do that already: Particle chain and Wide beam.

Another theoretical point is that Atomos' range is too short (15m) to be effective with Punch Through.

If u need another utility mod, use Ruinous Extension, or add more Corrosive/heat to corrode Grineers and Infested into liquid state. I would do the latter btw.

Thanks,  that frees up a lot of mod space for more damage. 

2 hours ago, Diangelius said:

The best way imo is to combine seeker with ruinous extension (now you have the space with the exilus when you forma enough).
ruinous helps with the initial range and seeker chains more targets(more CC).
If you want just more damage more corrosive is the way, yea, but with Ruinous Extension, because without it it's better to use your melee.

Edited by vegetosayajin

1 hour ago, vegetosayajin said:

The best way imo is to combine seeker with ruinous extension (now you have the space with the exilus when you forma enough).
ruinous helps with the initial range and seeker chains more targets(more CC).
If you want just more damage more corrosive is the way, yea, but with Ruinous Extension, because without it it's better to use your melee.

Afaik Ruinous Extension is not an exilus mod? Plus the exilus only takes utility and not damage enhancing mods. I'm at work so I can't  check at the moment. 

I'm at work too, not sure Ruinous Extension is an exilus but it should be... I have to check when I get back, because the wiki doesn't say anything.
If it is, my point was you can make use of it in the exilus and go for more damage and still keep the range and go for seeker as well.You can forgo the lethal torrent for another damage mod(because it depletes the magazine faster).

Edited by vegetosayajin