Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe model or environmental increased "stickiness" after U26?

SnuggleBuckets

I've been playing a bit to try and make sure it's not just my mind playing tricks on me after the old blood update.
Warframe has always had a bit of a geometry issue in the game, however the engine handles the stuff, you always have a bit of a problem with smooth movement hampered by overly jagged and rough terrain that slightly slows you down as you get stuck a bit in pores.
But I feel like the problem got worse in U26, now even just running and brushing against a railing can have me glued to that railing for a bit, let alone bulletjump not perfectly and graze against some surface, having you momentarily stuck between awkward nooks and crannies of uneven floors or door frames etc.
The game has a lot of uneven bumpy surfaces with many geometrical details adding complicated dimensions to them, even more so in derelicts, infested and otherwise run down and broken areas with lots of debris and other rough bits sticking out from everywhere.
So I just find myself constantly losing a tiny bit of control from my warframe as I have to jiggle them out of whatever new nook my foot got stuck in or loose nail on a railing my elbow got caught on.
Not just me, my coop buddy also echoed the same frustration with how movement feels in the game currently.
Still playable and it was always there in the game, but U26 just made it a tad bit worse.

It feels like it undermines one of the more unique selling points of the game, the otherwise pretty smooth fast and fluid movement, as long as you're running around on a flat open area.

I have noticed a slight increase of 'sticking' to the walls, boxes, railings, etc. But I've been mostly chalking this up to the increase of my movement speed due to the melee changes, and liches throwing me hard enough as a ragdoll to slip my body into spaces it shouldn't go. There does seem to be work that needs to be done, but nothing 'new' that I've seen.

Archwing missions don't seem any different with me getting caught on the tiniest hair sticking out and spending a minute finding the exact angle to escape from it.