Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valence transfer is a joke

tyreens

Hey,

it is getting ridiculous now. In what world is this a solution of the fact that the rng is destroying your gaming experience. Most of the people want to collect all 13 different weapons for mastery rank. I'm really shocked that you announced a solution for duplicated weapons and now this came out of this ? Aren't you reading the feedback of your players? Please for the sake of god change that so you can convert the weapon type into one you doesn't have or better don't create lichs with duplicate weapons before you got every one of a kind.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, tyreens said:

Hey,

it is getting ridiculous now. In what world is this a solution of the fact that the rng is destroying your gaming experience. Most of the people want to collect all 13 different weapons for mastery rank. I'm really shocked that you announced a solution for duplicated weapons and now this came out of this ? Aren't you reading the feedback of your players? Please for the sake of god change that so you can convert the weapon type into one you doesn't have or better don't create lichs with duplicate weapons before you got every one of a kind.

The lich will be tradeable, it's been confirmed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Cool............................more rng grinding to get a lich no one is gonna buy.........................why do they need to make us jump through hoops to just trade the weapons we stock piled?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BananaSlamJamma said:

Cool............................more rng grinding to get a lich no one is gonna buy.........................why do they need to make us jump through hoops to just trade the weapons we stock piled?

My opinion the update wasn't ready, but they released it anyway because of..... ???... stuff? Let's hope they don't repeate these tactics. Let's hope they are tradeable lich for lich and not play or items.

Edited by (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO

Valence transfer is fine and makes sense. However it does not fix duplicates at all. Case in point my first Kuva Kohm, was a 60% toxin Kohm. Pictured below. What am I supposed to do with the 4 Kohm in a row  I got afterward with lower toxin bonus? That is four Lich worth of wasted time and requiem. Feels Bad, real Bad!Warframe2111.jpg

4 hours ago, RevCat said:

Yeah, but only after it's already been converted.

They was thinking of that they hadnt settled on how yet. I sure hope they don't go with converted tho for then I could just as well grab the weapon as it same amount of time effort.

Edited by Emolition

I'm pretty happy with it... I just got my third shildeg first was 34%I leveled it up Max at 40 I like the weapon a lot... I got a 28% duplicate I just converted that guy... But then today I got to 59%  duplicate I can use valence transfer to get that bonus on my 5 forma shildeg so I'm happy about that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RevCat said:

Yeah, but only after it's already been converted.

Huh? How would that make sense? Converted liches are useless. Why would anyone want to trade them? Also means you still have to go through all the trouble of getting it to that stage.

Be thankful DE took pitty on players and their investments in weapons and even added a feature to do this! This is not typical in other looter games! The idea in other looter games (namely Diablo series!) is that you're supposed to be smart and cautious about when you invest in a new piece of gear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nslay said:

Be thankful DE took pitty on players and their investments in weapons and even added a feature to do this! This is not typical in other looter games! The idea in other looter games (namely Diablo series!) is that you're supposed to be smart and cautious about when you invest in a new piece of gear.

You didn't really think that through did you? Not changing it was going to cost potential sales of forma packs, since there was no reason to forma a kuva weapon past 30 without a perfect damage bonus already on the weapon. Not changing it would have been silly.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO:

Yeah, wow after you converted your lich? What a great solution. And where is it now? Coming soon? 2021? Why focus on valence transfer when there is a much bigger flaw in the mechanic than rerolling your elemental stat for a few percentages.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Miser_able:

Guess what? Valence wasn't designed to be a solution to duplicates. It was designed to be a solution to the "I already put X amount of forma into kuva weapon, but I just got a better one" problem. 

Okay mabe it was their purpose but that doesn't make it better. Nobody (besides the DE white knights, who loves everything) can tell me it is a fun system that you can get a duplicate weapons before you found at least one of each kind. Even if you want to max your elemental stat on your weapon (what i think is a small percentage of player right now), you will do this after you already got every other weapon at least once for mastery rank.

Edited by tyreens

22 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

You didn't really think that through did you? Not changing it was going to cost potential sales of forma packs, since there was no reason to forma a kuva weapon past 30 without a perfect damage bonus already on the weapon. Not changing it would have been silly.

I'm a bit biased. I came from the Diablo series of games where all weapon attributes are RNG generated. Didn't find a good roll weapon or gear? Keep farming. Really need that weapon badly? Use the bad weapon with the bare minimum of resource investment until you find a good roll. You never spent a Ramaladni's Gift on a bad roll weapon and you certainly never dumped augments into them with Celdessan's Despair. You just keep farming and/or re-rolling at the Cube until you get a good roll. Already spent all your resources on a mediocre roll and got a good roll on the same weapon later? Well, that's tough. That's just how Diablo always worked... Valence transfer at least lets you transfer the better bonus over.

Granted, there's no microtransactions (at all) where Blizzard would benefit from players buying Ramaladni's Gifts or level 100+ legendary gems for augments. And there's no mastery system either so no weapon to rank up for XP or affinity or whatever.

In Diablo 3, Blizzard did take a little pity on us with the Enchantress who can re-roll only one attribute of your choice on a weapon as many times as you want (with increasing costs!). So if you got an almost-good roll, you could usually fix it. But nothing like this Valence transfer! Wow, this is unbelievably kind of DE from my perspective! It would be nice if DE would make something like Enchantress for Rivens.

I wouldn't say the grind is overly easy in this game, but it's definitely easier and more predictable than Diablo's grind (and probably Path of Exile's too).

2 hours ago, nslay said:

I'm a bit biased. I came from the Diablo series of games where all weapon attributes are RNG generated. Didn't find a good roll weapon or gear? Keep farming. Really need that weapon badly? Use the bad weapon with the bare minimum of resource investment until you find a good roll. You never spent a Ramaladni's Gift on a bad roll weapon and you certainly never dumped augments into them with Celdessan's Despair. You just keep farming and/or re-rolling at the Cube until you get a good roll. Already spent all your resources on a mediocre roll and got a good roll on the same weapon later? Well, that's tough. That's just how Diablo always worked... Valence transfer at least lets you transfer the better bonus over.

Granted, there's no microtransactions (at all) where Blizzard would benefit from players buying Ramaladni's Gifts or level 100+ legendary gems for augments. And there's no mastery system either so no weapon to rank up for XP or affinity or whatever.

In Diablo 3, Blizzard did take a little pity on us with the Enchantress who can re-roll only one attribute of your choice on a weapon as many times as you want (with increasing costs!). So if you got an almost-good roll, you could usually fix it. But nothing like this Valence transfer! Wow, this is unbelievably kind of DE from my perspective! It would be nice if DE would make something like Enchantress for Rivens.

I wouldn't say the grind is overly easy in this game, but it's definitely easier and more predictable than Diablo's grind (and probably Path of Exile's too).

This is why I no longer play D3.

First the auction house turning the game into virtual wall street.

And The Grind (tm). Is madness. New update? Your stuff goes obsolete. So, into the Rifts you go.

If this game ever becomes like that, I'll probably quit and not look back.

Edited by Currilicious

il y a 11 minutes, HIGHDAMAGE a dit :

does it lower innate dmg types each time u perform a upgrade ?

No, it just apply the elemental bonus. Think it like "infusion" from destiny. You also keep the forma/catalyst/lenses and mastery (you don't have to level it up again)

Edited by (PS4)Jack_Mahler

1 hour ago, Currilicious said:

This is why I no longer play D3.

First the auction house turning the game into virtual wall street.

And The Grind (tm). Is madness. New update? Your stuff goes obsolete. So, into the Rifts you go.

If this game ever becomes like that, I'll probably quit and not look back.

Don't worry, even with this new system, it's not even close to Diablo levels of gear attribute randomness. And the developers even gave us a way to transfer bonuses between weapons! So to see these sorts of threads is pretty funny from a Diablo player's perspective.

As for the updates obsoleting stuff? Well... this new melee rework has seemingly obsoleted a lot of stuff. I think I remember this happening before. But at least DE is brave enough to nerf and balance things accordingly. What does Blizzard do? Their balancing scheme is to progressively buff everything into balance. There's hardly ever nerfs to overpowered gear (well, relatively there is... just nobody notices because everything gets buffed, just not equally).

I'd say that the only thing Diablo-like is the Riven system... and it's like loot 1.0 levels of bad.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tyreens said:

don't create lichs with duplicate weapons before you got every one of a kind

That's how a game designer who wants to provide fun in order to get people to play would do it, yeah. The current system was designed to keep people who are going to be playing no matter what occupied for a long time.

28 minutes ago, nslay said:

But at least DE is brave enough to nerf and balance things accordingly. What does Blizzard do? Their balancing scheme is to progressively buff everything into balance. There's hardly ever nerfs to overpowered gear (well, relatively there is... just nobody notices because everything gets buffed, just not equally).

That's only half-true. The other side of the coin is the fact that they keep adding higher and higher torment difficulty levels, and great rifts go even beyond that. So while yeah, there is a lot of power creep in Diablo, the game is designed in such a way that the difficulty can scale infinitely to basically make that irrelevant. Warframe isn't like that, increasing enemy levels in WF doesn't scale the difficulty linearly (or uniformly among factions, for that matter). So it's not so much that DE is brave to nerf things and more that they don't really have any other choice if they want to keep some semblance of balance.

And there are benefits to this approach as well. The downside of the Diablo system is that once you finalize your build and get all of your legendaries and set items, the gameplay starts feeling very samey. It doesn't matter if you're running GR20 or GR80, they feel exactly the same. Yeah, you have better numbers, but so does the enemy. People cry that WF lacks balance, but it does offer more variety across the level range as a result.

Edited by SordidDreams

11 hours ago, BananaSlamJamma said:

have you... not... heard of kubrow breeding? it is actually a pretty expensive thing to get into for getting the rare patterns on kubrows. I am sure people would pay a lot for fun lichs like "Yiff Tidd" (yes this is one and I have it) or "Oss Aff" (which I also have seen)

Edited by Flameduel