Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valence transfer is a joke

tyreens

5 hours ago, Nichivo said:

You didn't really think that through did you? Not changing it was going to cost potential sales of forma packs, since there was no reason to forma a kuva weapon past 30 without a perfect damage bonus already on the weapon. Not changing it would have been silly.

honestly, have you never played another looter game? he clearly knows what he is talking about, DE is truly one of the most generous companies when it comes to looters. Other looters has it where MOST weapons are random stats, and then has random chances to be upgraded as well. Imagine if DE was a normal Looter: They would have made most of the kuva weapon's stats randomized within a range to keep them with their own separate entity, formaing the first time may be 100% but every forma after that has a chance to fail and you have to try again, (in some looters this even destroys the weapon), AND THEN, once you put all your effort into putting forma like 10 forma into your weapon due to RNG  into your weapon, you get another with overall just better stats where you have to do the forma thing ALL over again. This is the norm for Looters, DE is pretty generous with their game. I would let them slowly patch the Lich thing, criticize where you think is a bad take but keep it civil. Don't just call it bad or lich hunt the devs because it was a "Bad Idea", they are listening to the community. a Looter who didn't would not be giving daily hotfixes like DE has been giving us normally

Il y a 8 heures, nslay a dit :

I'm a bit biased. I came from the Diablo series of games where all weapon attributes are RNG generated. Didn't find a good roll weapon or gear? Keep farming. Really need that weapon badly? Use the bad weapon with the bare minimum of resource investment until you find a good roll. You never spent a Ramaladni's Gift on a bad roll weapon and you certainly never dumped augments into them with Celdessan's Despair. You just keep farming and/or re-rolling at the Cube until you get a good roll. Already spent all your resources on a mediocre roll and got a good roll on the same weapon later? Well, that's tough. That's just how Diablo always worked... Valence transfer at least lets you transfer the better bonus over.

Granted, there's no microtransactions (at all) where Blizzard would benefit from players buying Ramaladni's Gifts or level 100+ legendary gems for augments. And there's no mastery system either so no weapon to rank up for XP or affinity or whatever.

In Diablo 3, Blizzard did take a little pity on us with the Enchantress who can re-roll only one attribute of your choice on a weapon as many times as you want (with increasing costs!). So if you got an almost-good roll, you could usually fix it. But nothing like this Valence transfer! Wow, this is unbelievably kind of DE from my perspective! It would be nice if DE would make something like Enchantress for Rivens.

I wouldn't say the grind is overly easy in this game, but it's definitely easier and more predictable than Diablo's grind (and probably Path of Exile's too).

Except that in Diablo 3 you can loot 12 legendaries every 2min 30s, nearly 300 legendaries by hour.

Except that in Diablo 3 you can reforge a legendary to have a new one with the help of bounties mats that you can farm infinitely.

Except that in Diablo 3 you can upgrade yellow to have a chance to have the legendary you want and that you can make pretty much infinitely since the cost is very low.

Please, don't compare.

Edited by Alpha56

7 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

Except that in Diablo 3 you can loot 12 legendaries every 2min 30s, nearly 300 legendaries by hour.

That's true, but only 10%/0.25% will be Ancient/Primal (the only ones that matter) and drop from a much larger table of possible legendaries with more RNG stats than the Kuva weapons!

7 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

Except that in Diablo 3 you can reforge a legendary to have a new one with the help of bounties mats that you can farm infinitely.

I think Kuva is much easier and a lot more fun to farm than bounty mats. Also, it costs 50 forgotten souls to do just 1 reroll!

4 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

Except that in Diablo 3 you can upgrade yellow to have a chance to have the legendary you want and that you can make pretty much infinitely since the cost is very low.

The cost is lower than re-rolling legendaries, but it's not that low since it costs death breaths. So definitely not infinite! There's no comparing here because there's nothing similar in Warframe!

• Like 1

Il y a 4 heures, Flameduel a dit :

honestly, have you never played another looter game? he clearly knows what he is talking about, DE is truly one of the most generous companies when it comes to looters. Other looters has it where MOST weapons are random stats, and then has random chances to be upgraded as well. Imagine if DE was a normal Looter: They would have made most of the kuva weapon's stats randomized within a range to keep them with their own separate entity, formaing the first time may be 100% but every forma after that has a chance to fail and you have to try again, (in some looters this even destroys the weapon), AND THEN, once you put all your effort into putting forma like 10 forma into your weapon due to RNG  into your weapon, you get another with overall just better stats where you have to do the forma thing ALL over again. This is the norm for Looters, DE is pretty generous with their game. I would let them slowly patch the Lich thing, criticize where you think is a bad take but keep it civil. Don't just call it bad or lich hunt the devs because it was a "Bad Idea", they are listening to the community. a Looter who didn't would not be giving daily hotfixes like DE has been giving us normally

In most of the looter games, the stuff have random stats, because the stuff is obviously RAINING.

Borderlands franchise, The division franchise, Destiny franchise, Diablo 3.

It's in the core of the game, simply, but for that you need high drop rate.

Again, please don't compare.

Edited by Alpha56

3 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

In most of the looter games, the stuff have random stats, because the stuff is obviously RAINING.

Borderlands franchise, The division franchise, Destiny franchise, Diablo 3.

It's in the core of the game, simply, but for that you need high drop rate.

Again, please don't compare.

am I wrong however? and raining is how I would describe their rare drops. Like I am rained apon dreads and stuff. but besides that, fine I will give you that (even though your not taking into account that 90% of the items they drop don't even matter compared to the rare weapon drop). Also, whats your argument with the other things I said. I am not wrong when I said for a "LOOTER" DE is much more kind. Tell me, am I wrong to compare a LOOTER to another LOOTER.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Jack_Mahler said:

No, it just apply the elemental bonus. Think it like "infusion" from destiny. You also keep the forma/catalyst/lenses and mastery (you don't have to level it up again)

i upgraded kuva ayanga elemental bonus meanwile imp + blast went from 87/187 to 86.9/143.8

Edited by HIGHDAMAGE

On 2019-11-08 at 6:25 AM, tyreens said:

Hey,

it is getting ridiculous now. In what world is this a solution of the fact that the rng is destroying your gaming experience. Most of the people want to collect all 13 different weapons for mastery rank. I'm really shocked that you announced a solution for duplicated weapons and now this came out of this ? Aren't you reading the feedback of your players? Please for the sake of god change that so you can convert the weapon type into one you doesn't have or better don't create lichs with duplicate weapons before you got every one of a kind.

They probbily already had plans for the duplicate weapons just didn't have time to finish it as they promised old blood out by october on pc an so stuff might have been cut from the build as they still worked on fine tuning it.

they will never have it so you can turn one kuva weapon into what ever choice of kuva weapon you want as that is game breaking an destroys the grind an soils your reward. Its like asking to be able to convert relics into a differnt one cause you didn't get that one rare relic to drop.

Dude its RNG DE isnt hand picking what litch combinations are spawned as its all about the variables that are programed for the RANDOMIZED litch as the only thing your able to actually control about your litch is what the bonus stat on the litches weapon.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb (XB1)ShadowBlood89:

They probbily already had plans for the duplicate weapons just didn't have time to finish it as they promised old blood out by october on pc an so stuff might have been cut from the build as they still worked on fine tuning it.

they will never have it so you can turn one kuva weapon into what ever choice of kuva weapon you want as that is game breaking an destroys the grind an soils your reward. Its like asking to be able to convert relics into a differnt one cause you didn't get that one rare relic to drop.

Dude its RNG DE isnt hand picking what litch combinations are spawned as its all about the variables that are programed for the RANDOMIZED litch as the only thing your able to actually control about your litch is what the bonus stat on the litches weapon.

Dude please. You can't release an unfinished product and expect it to be good. You wouldn't buy a car without brakes even if they say they will release it after a month don't you? Missing such a thing is not fine tuning and no excuse. For many players it is frustating and fun killing.

I don't see why converting two weapons in another random one is game breaking. Sure it lowers the grind but that is the point and the numbers tell us it is needed. No it is not the same as a relic. You get relics much more often and are able to buy them from the market / relic packs / farm them specific.

I don't know what you want me to tell in your last paragraph but it is not very complicated to change the code to exclude existing weapons in the rng process. Im very confident DE is able to change it if they wanted to 🙂

Edited by tyreens