Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need weapon build help, in Lich missions.

BethTheBean

Question

Good afternoon.

I'm finding that Lich mission mobs are tougher than sortie level mobs. This is putting me at a disadvantage, since my sortie builds are taking forever to kill anything. Hijack and disruption are impossible at this rate.

I see a number o posts on Twitter, where players are just chewing up and spitting out huge amount of Liches. I post my questions, but never hear back.

So, what weapons and builds are you using? 

Thank you in advance.

:suda::hexis: 

Edited by GrazeZeroLow

25 answers to this question

I assumed that "hardcore" Lich farmers are doing it with Maimquinox, Mirage, Garuda, or Gara teams running stuff like Arca Plasmor and Maiming Strike, though I can't prove that

I've found anything that isn't running Corrosive/Radiation + crits with at least a potato, probably a forma as well, just isn't going to cut it against the level 80 Grineer. Sniper Rifles with their heavy crit and headshot damage can also help

As for Hijack, Trinity is easy mode. Dust off your old Redirection mod, maybe add some Rage or Quick Thinking, you should be good to go. Disruption is a little trickier, I've resorted to a Buzlok with as much damage and crits as I can pile onto the thing, even sacrificing Fast Hands. Hunter Munitions seems to just flat-out not work on Demolysts at all, so I took that off too

You use kuva weapons silly 

Jokes aside, 

You want frames that can take hits, anything with 90% DR will do (Nezha, ember, Mesa if you stay away from melee and eximus units), or invisible frames (loki, Ivara, Octavia) for Survivability. Inaros and wukong can work too. 

You want some debuffing or damage boosting abilities to deal increased damage. (Nezha chakram, ember accelerant, Mesa shooting gallery , Octavia amp) 

Corrosive projection will be best aura for this. 

Finally you want weapons that packs the most punch,

corrosive, radiation tend to work better on Grineer,

Most of my weapons have decent rivens, so I don't think I can give a fair suggestion on the exact weapon to use. 

Vaykor Hek should work, supra Vandal too. 

Avoid MD, interception and hijack missions they have a very high chance of failure if a radiation lich spawns by accident. 

My favourite is Volt with a nuke-build (originally made for eso). It clears most mission-types fast (Growing power, Umbra vitality/intensify, ALL mods with +reach). When you fight the lich you shoot through your shields (crit-damage boost) with a crit-based weapon, which works pretty good even against level 5 liches.

The easy way though is Mesa (strong tank) with the following mods:
- Pistol-Amp
- Flow
- Narrow Minded
- Umbra Vitality
- Umbra Intensify
- Adaptation
- Blind Rage
- Streamline
- Continuity
(2 Forma), Arcane guardian and the one with pistol-firerate on crit

...and the Regulator-build:
- Hornet Strike
- Primed Target Cracker
- Primed Pistol Gambit
- Primed Heated Charge
- Convulsion
- Barrel Diffusion
- Lethal Torrent
- Anemic Agility
(3 Forma)

But you asked for a weapon, so my favourite Kitgun (Rattleguts/Haymaker/Splat) "Best Intentions" (Built on virus, maybe radiation would be even better):
- Primed Heated Charge
- Convulsion
- Hornet Strike
- Primed Target Cracker
- Primed Pistol Gambit
- Barrel Diffusion
- Lethal Torrent
- Hydraulic Crosshair (Shoot at head at least to refresh this buff)
- Steady Hand (Optional if you have exilus slot)

If you dont have this at hand, a pretty basic build for Supra Vandal also proved extremely effective:
- Primed Cryo Rounds
- Infected Clip
- Amalgam: Serration
- Point Strike
- Vital Sense
- Vile Acceleration
- Vigilante: Armaments
- Split Chamber
- Terminal Velocity (optional if you have exilus slot)

I wouldnt say Im a "Hardcore-Farmer", but since I found some builds that work for me I can deal with the baddies in every mission type
Riven Mods are useful, but you should be fine without them. The best weapon is some patience, when you fail try again. And play in a team, even public if necessary, its just more fun (and easier).

For cheap u can use Rhino and a hybrid modded Rattleguts kitgun (Rattleguts/haymaker/splat), maybe get a cheap Rattleguts crit riven.  Ive taken down 4 liches with these 2 pieces of gear pretty easily.  Rhino can tank and boost ur kitgun damage.  Play in a public group, only once did I see a player hinder anyones progress. But yeah its pretty difficult content for newer players.  Good luck. 

Also make sure u check the Liches page for resistances and weaknesses so ur throwing the right damage type at them.  

Edited by hendrix923
  • Like 1

the important part is to modding your weapons the right way, i always used corrosive +fire slash vs grineer most grineer are weak against those, but you also need to check the weakness, resistances and immunity of your lich, i got a lich where i couldn't deal much damage with my regular build, because is was inmune to slash.impact,viral so changing the build allowed to killed him faster.

for frames, usually i'm doing these mission alternating between Atlas prime, Saryn prime, Wukong prime and Nyx prime (if things get serious and the guy each rank 5), and rhino prime (when assisting clanmates so i can buff them and they can destroy their lich easily after all is their personal nemesis), but in the end you don't want to play mission over and over again with the same frame so you will be alternating between more options.

remember some of your frames have cc skills, example using atlas petrified in high lvl nox and bombards to one shot them with a headshot, because i know they will take more than 1 hit from landslide, and the stone bros distract the lich and the lich also wrestle them,and thats is the perfect time to attack while s/he is distracted

I'm actually surprised at the number of people who suggested using the, Supra Vandal. Both here and other forums. I haven't used that bugger in ages, and with a mod swap, fits the weaknesses of my Lich.

I'll take her out for a spin, and hopefully, the battle won't go on forever. 

Edited by GrazeZeroLow

5 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

I'm actually surprised at the number of people who suggested using the, Supra Vandal. Both here and other forums. I haven't used that bugger in ages, and with a mod swap, fits the weaknesses of my Lich.

I'll take her out for a spin, and hopefully, the battle won't go on forever. 

bonus if you use blood for ammo mod on the parazon.

If you're struggling too much to kill the nemesis you can use Saryn, drop a spore on him and just hide. The ticks will accumulate and down his HP and shield on at a time. Refresh everytime it depletes a bar. 

For solo farming mumurs personally I use Inaros, heavy blade with gas build so when i blind the enemies my gas ticks does stealth damage. Some might say its not much but personally I'm just slicing through the map spin to win ish with broken bull. Either that or Saryn since she just kills everything and Toxic Slash boosts my melee. No real problems even against lv110s. Usually its either the Zenistar or Gram.Or use Wukong with the bot wukong using the Acceltra. 

Main weapon and secondaries I just tend to use whatever Kuva weapon im levelling but personally liked the Kuva Ogris. 

@Salzstangl The Supra Vandal build, proved effective against the trash mobs and the thralls. I didn't unlock the ex-weapon slot at the time, but I'm doing so now.

5vijPHB.jpg

I was leveling a Tombfinger , since everyone in their videos were using one. I didn't get far, as you can see. It took me far longer to take my second Lich down, but all I had was this and my Trinity specter. 

dYXM3PI.jpg

My Trinity Specter was a blessing! When she casted the Well of Life , and the Lich was suspended, I had the time to throw down the pads I needed.

Finally got him early this morning, but I wanted his Kuva Kohm 

hFnBPzW.jpg

0dQllnZ.jpg

fiaQj04.jpg

Without skipping a beat, I went for my third Lich. Unfortunately, I found the larvaling spawn to be bugged. (Was that a pun?) The Royal Guard's message would break, so there wasn't a spawn. On my fourth try, the spawn worked.

Love her, but I want her Kuva weapons!

8XPqjhn.jpg

Again, thank you all for your time and suggestions!

:suda::hexis:

Edited by GrazeZeroLow

vor 15 Stunden schrieb GrazeZeroLow:

@Salzstangl The Supra Vandal build, proved effective against the trash mobs and the thralls. I didn't unlock the ex-weapon slot at the time, but I'm doing so now.

5vijPHB.jpg

This is nowhere near my supra build.
For normal missions I want to say that you really dont need 93% status. Try to switch one or two 60/60 mods for pure damage. Radiation will be applied quickly anyway (only cut and corrosive are important to apply multiple times at once).
For bosses (like the lich) radiation status doesnt work (would be op).
I think that radiation should work fine, but instead of "Thermite Rounds" and "High Voltage" use "Hellfire" and "Stormbringer"
For the sake of the mission you can switch Serration to Amalgam: Serration (movespeed underrated)

For the record: I said it works, not it makes the level 5 lich easy.

Lich Level 5 are freaking bullet sponge anyway. I use a full auto Tiberon Prime but there are probably better option to deal with them. You need a huge amount of ammunition to take one down solo.

For facetanking the lich, my best frame is Nyx with Assimilate. Get some energy at the start of the mission (zenurik, energy pizza) and maybe use a syndicate weapon like Gammacor Synoid for getting some energy during the fight.

• Like 1

So my uninformed opinion is to find a way to strip its armor and then melt it with viral damage. This is purely based on gathering information about the health and armor types.

As it stands though, viral deals 75% bonus damage against grineer flesh and you don't have to worry about the damage reduction from the armor. I don't know how status effects apply to the kuva lich but I can recommend one frame and its augment. Ash/Ash prime with seeking shuriken. You'll need a bit of extra power strength, around 45%. And extra duration will help too.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Keiji_Haku said:

So my uninformed opinion is to find a way to strip its armor and then melt it with viral damage. This is purely based on gathering information about the health and armor types.

As it stands though, viral deals 75% bonus damage against grineer flesh and you don't have to worry about the damage reduction from the armor. I don't know how status effects apply to the kuva lich but I can recommend one frame and its augment. Ash/Ash prime with seeking shuriken. You'll need a bit of extra power strength, around 45%. And extra duration will help too.

Status effect don't work at all on the lich. You can weaken them with frame ability, and the damage type affects how much damage you do, but corrosive and viral procs won't work.

I forgot to mention her, but Octavia is also a very good option. Lich don't attack directly invisible frame. Just use 1 and 4 to deals more indirect damage to the lich, and bruteforce it while invisible.

9 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Status effect don't work at all on the lich. You can weaken them with frame ability, and the damage type affects how much damage you do, but corrosive and viral procs won't work.

I forgot to mention her, but Octavia is also a very good option. Lich don't attack directly invisible frame. Just use 1 and 4 to deals more indirect damage to the lich, and bruteforce it while invisible.

Alright thought so. I suggested ash and seeking shuriken for that reason although i don't know if they count as a status proc. I think it doesn't because it works on invuln enemies as well. Invuln enemies are usually immune to status effects.

On 2019-11-10 at 6:59 AM, Salzstangl said:

This is nowhere near my supra build.
For normal missions I want to say that you really dont need 93% status. Try to switch one or two 60/60 mods for pure damage. Radiation will be applied quickly anyway (only cut and corrosive are important to apply multiple times at once).
For bosses (like the lich) radiation status doesnt work (would be op).
I think that radiation should work fine, but instead of "Thermite Rounds" and "High Voltage" use "Hellfire" and "Stormbringer"
For the sake of the mission you can switch Serration to Amalgam: Serration (movespeed underrated)

For the record: I said it works, not it makes the level 5 lich easy.

My apologies, I should have worded that better.

I wanted to thank you for the build suggestions. From what I've been reading here and on other forums, I was surprised who many suggested the Supra Vandal. 
My tombfinger seems better equipped in handling my Lich, as long as I keep them at 1 or 2. 

I was using radiation, as my Liches have all been spawning with that weakness. 

Edited by GrazeZeroLow

Luck beyond luck, I was able to take out my third Lich at R2. The supra vandal build I had, just ripped through her like paper. I loved her attitude, so I decided to convert her.

Gained my fourth, but I'm starting to hate using Oberon Prime. The toxin weapon bonuses are only between 20% - 32%. I'm leveling my Nidus, for those sweet 50%s.

Thank you all, again.

On 2019-11-09 at 5:25 AM, Salzstangl said:

My favourite is Volt with a nuke-build (originally made for eso). It clears most mission-types fast (Growing power, Umbra vitality/intensify, ALL mods with +reach). When you fight the lich you shoot through your shields (crit-damage boost) with a crit-based weapon, which works pretty good even against level 5 liches.

The easy way though is Mesa (strong tank) with the following mods:
- Pistol-Amp
- Flow
- Narrow Minded
- Umbra Vitality
- Umbra Intensify
- Adaptation
- Blind Rage
- Streamline
- Continuity
(2 Forma), Arcane guardian and the one with pistol-firerate on crit

...and the Regulator-build:
- Hornet Strike
- Primed Target Cracker
- Primed Pistol Gambit
- Primed Heated Charge
- Convulsion
- Barrel Diffusion
- Lethal Torrent
- Anemic Agility
(3 Forma)

Why on earth are you running a rad build on your regulators?

Am 12.11.2019 um 23:02 schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

Why on earth are you running a rad build on your regulators?

Usually I run corrosive, but radiation utilizes the primed Flame mod, so it deals the most damage. I dont know what kind of armor lichs have, but it is also very effective against grineer in general.

You can of course adjust the element to the weaknesses/ressistances your lich has, but usually you are not only fighting your own lich, so I usually dont bother.

2 hours ago, Salzstangl said:

Usually I run corrosive, but radiation utilizes the primed Flame mod, so it deals the most damage. I dont know what kind of armor lichs have, but it is also very effective against grineer in general.

You can of course adjust the element to the weaknesses/ressistances your lich has, but usually you are not only fighting your own lich, so I usually dont bother.

ALL Lich and ALL grineer have Ferrite armour which is weak to corrosive and GAINS a damage reduction bonus vs Radiation. You are literally giving them extra armour. You have a bigger number on your stat but in the game you're doing  less damage. Drop Anaemic agility, fit corrosive and primed heated charge instead and you will be killing grineer and lich a lot faster.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb ARKANOiiDe:

I like how people have tactics all written lel. Inaros, zaw dagger, mash attack, lich ded in seconds ;]

In my experience inaros die as much as other tanky frames. And inaros has basically no skills to help you kill it. I have seen wukongs  and revenants kill it fast. If you want more survivability and a damage-boost play a tanky chroma-build.

There are a lot of tactics that work, unfortunately my dagger zaw is not ready to kill anything and Im bleeding forma : D

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Salzstangl said:

In my experience inaros die as much as other tanky frames. And inaros has basically no skills to help you kill it. I have seen wukongs  and revenants kill it fast. If you want more survivability and a damage-boost play a tanky chroma-build.

There are a lot of tactics that work, unfortunately my dagger zaw is not ready to kill anything and Im bleeding forma : D

Baby, if your Inaros dies, you doing it wrong, Inaros doesnt die, well, besides the scripted death when you have wrong mods 😛 8k HP, 2x Arcane Grace, lich or any lvl 300 or anything, tickles Inaros 😛 Also, Inaros doesnt need skills, he IS skill, tho skills not work on lich so - Inaros 😛 The grabs of the lich are annoying tho, waste of time 😛

Am 16.11.2019 um 20:25 schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

ALL Lich and ALL grineer have Ferrite armour which is weak to corrosive and GAINS a damage reduction bonus vs Radiation. You are literally giving them extra armour. You have a bigger number on your stat but in the game you're doing  less damage. Drop Anaemic agility, fit corrosive and primed heated charge instead and you will be killing grineer and lich a lot faster.

Some grineers and most bosses use Alloy Armor instead of Ferrite (https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Alloy_Armor)

Alloy is best countered by radiation. Corrosive is damage-neutral, but since it strips the armor its still very useful (except when it doesnt strip)