Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken Archwing Melee ?

Arkhenbarn

I just happened to test Archwing Melee (I have to level up my Knux), but it is literally unplayable now. It might be the fault of the new Melee system or not, I can't say for sure. What happens is that you no longer "lock onto" enemies to hit them, so it has pretty become pretty hard to land a hit and, for whatever reason, the camera zooms so strongly it clips into the Warframe, obstructing the field of view. So now, I'm blind whenever I start striking and I hardly manage to scratch an enemy.

I don't think this behaviour is intended, but if it is, it is really bad. Anyway, I'll assume this is a bug.

Edited by Arkhenbarn
  • Like 2

Still borked 😞  Tried playing around with the auto target, camera follow, and toggle target options and none of them helped.  Killing the little locust drones is now a complete PITA with melee, while it used to be my goto method of dispatching them if I happened to be leveling up most guns.  Oh well...I'm sure in a few years they'll get to when they fix other known issues with archwing!  Ahh, another thing to note is that the displayed range of the melee weapons is pretty low.  I almost seems like they went ahead and changed range, neglecting scaling issues with archwing mission mode.  Also, if you forget that melee is borked and go fully into melee mode you're going to need to do something like select the scanner in gearwheel and then swap to your gun.  Otherwise you're gonna have a bad time.   

Edited by mynamemeansmud
Noticed more issues.

Was hoping it was the melee range mod, even unequipped all mods, but seems like it is the weapons themselves. The Veritux works fine though, feelsbadman. Havn't tried the Prisma Veritux. I run the Kaszas btw and it is broken.

Found this a bit later. 

Edited by ZeroAtrix

This. I was levelling my Onorix and Rathbone and it was a nightmare. Good luck targeting enemies. For anyone wanting to make it even remotely bearable use Itzal and the Cold Snap mod. Spam Cosmic Crush and Cold Snap will at least keep them in place to hit. DE needs to look at this because its completely broken at its core. Arch Melee seriously needs auto targeting. Zone of the Enders 2 comes to mind as an example. 

Edited by Azrael_V

I was going to complain that there was no quick melee at all because it wasn't there for me yesterday.  I could only melee when switched to melee and then only with what is now heavy attack in normal melee.

I just played and at least that was fine though.

The lack of auto-aim definitely makes it more challenging. Timing and distance management along with aim have to be good. After an exterminate mission it did feel more "real" this way but in more challenging missions it could be a bit of an overload.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archwing didn't need work, it needed the entire game mode strapped and a completely new design built. Here to phrase it again just like i did then, you need to experience your 3d space in archwing as if you exist on a point on the surface of a sphere, you see a target, you press a button to lock onto target, now any motion you make orients you to that point in space, you move away, that "Sphere" of orientation grows larger, you move closer, the sphere of orientation grows smaller, you move left or right or up or down it keeps you oriented along that sphere. yes on many long range wepeapons this means you are not going to be able to hit a moving target at range because you would have to lead the target, well, just don't lock onto it... issue is that having this targeting system means you could dash in at a target and melee the hell out of it without the clunky auto connect mechanic they had been using. 

Anyway, they want to pretend that this is some how a skill based game, it's not, it's a button masher at best, archwing needs a targeting system and they need to get over it. They tried, desperately, to make archwing "Feel" like the rest of the game, and because of that, archwing is the absolute worst free space combat sim I have ever played in my life and I played the original freaking star wars xwing fighter on a frekaing tandy with an 8 inch floppy drive and no on board storage and a monitor who's user defined colors were green or white. I have seen terrible games. Archwing is bad. Maybe not startwars xwing fighter *bloop bloop... bloop bloop... blrrrt...* bad, but bad. 

"New pvp game mode coming to warframe! BONG! your team controls a bar that can move side to side, while the other team controls a bar that moves side to side, a kavat chases a ball around the court and it is your objective to bounce the ball back towards the other team. DE is so excited to have finally created a truly new and original concept unlike any game mode that has come before. Log in to experience Warframe's BONG today!"

They're also testing a game where Clem stands ontop of a building where he's holding Darvo captive and you must navigate your way up the tower while he throws explosive barrels down at you. Oh, and the end cutscene of new war just leaked on youtube, you defeat the sentients and find Natah in a cage and free her only for her to say "Sorry Tenno, your Space Mom is in another castle". 

2 hours ago, Mindbulletz said:

It's been two and a half months since this thread started, this gameplay is core to railjack, and it's still not fixed. Wtf.

The whole Archwing system in Railjack is utter trash and i dont have much faith when it comes to balance AW combat.

I agree we need that auto target lock back to the archwing melee cause with out it archwing melees are basicly useless. Besides if you are looking up lore wise tenno are scary creatures for corpus and grineer so for their pilots someone tearing your ship with huge knuckles or a giant sword is way more scarier than rocket coming to their fighter that they are piloting. So please DE make the archwing melee usable again

• 3 weeks later...