Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave intermission 2 - here we go again

(XBOX)Nightseid

So the rewards are mostly repeat from the first nightwave and I have to stay...ugh. i got most of the way thru and could not get the last piece. Now i see it is available again but I'm totally not interested in grind that mess again.

I wish they would implement a reward track system like gw2 has for pvp. You select a track you want to grind out and grind it out. Some tracks are time based and only open for a limited time but reopen starting you back where you left off and they have general ones that reset after maxing them out. I feel this method would help the burn out and not put this pressure of need to release a new story. Episodes and event changes could be based on the rank the player achieves on the track (permanent or temporary).

Just a thought as I'm just burnt out from these nightwave challenges. Great idea but that grind is so off putting especially a second time.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Just a thought as I'm just burnt out from these nightwave challenges.

If you are burned out, then you are burned out. Take a break. Since you already have the rewards you won't be missing out on anything. 

But here's what gets me.... You claim that you are burned out from the grind, but you want them to implement ways that allow you to choose rewards, in order to incentivize you to play more. You able to see anything fundamentally wrong in that? 

Intermission 2 is a pretty big fluke. Rewarding loyal players who did S1 with repeated cosmetics they can't even opt out of or delete, lasting as much as a full season but with none of the lore to back it up. Leave it to DE to create nightwave, set the rules for it, and then setting them aside completely.

A complete and utter mess, the way this intermission got implemented. And oh. Guess what Intermission 3 will have if this trend goes on. No need to participate in seasons. You can get it all 2 intermissions after. It's a mandatory reward if you rank up, after all.

As if even this hot mess of a band aid fixes the fact that some players missed out. And when players want Wolf stuff again, eh? The more rewards are created, the more have to be brought back regularly. This has to be better implemented, and without screwing over a portion of the players base.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

but you want them to implement ways that allow you to choose rewards, in order to incentivize you to play more.

Yes. We choose the bosses or missions in order to obtain the warframe blueprints and such. A reward track system similar to gw2 would simply help reduce future repeats. If you are not familiar with it, it's worth a look up - as it is still a grind bar but players get to choose what grind they want.

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You able to see anything fundamentally wrong in that? 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

hace 3 horas, (XB1)Nightseid dijo:

So the rewards are mostly repeat from the first nightwave and I have to stay...ugh. i got most of the way thru and could not get the last piece. Now i see it is available again but I'm totally not interested in grind that mess again.

I wish they would implement a reward track system like gw2 has for pvp. You select a track you want to grind out and grind it out. Some tracks are time based and only open for a limited time but reopen starting you back where you left off and they have general ones that reset after maxing them out. I feel this method would help the burn out and not put this pressure of need to release a new story. Episodes and event changes could be based on the rank the player achieves on the track (permanent or temporary).

Just a thought as I'm just burnt out from these nightwave challenges. Great idea but that grind is so off putting especially a second time.

They announced that before nightwave 1 finished. They said that, being experimental, a lot of people didn't get to finish it properly and wanted to re-introduce the items a bit later down the road. Makes sense that they do so during an intermission.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Yes. We choose the bosses or missions in order to obtain the warframe blueprints and such. A reward track system similar to gw2 would simply help reduce future repeats. If you are not familiar with it, it's worth a look up - as it is still a grind bar but players get to choose what grind they want.

Amazing how you are willing to tackle more grind for rewards, and that you carefully, oh so carefully, sidestepped all mention of the word burnout. 

If I were just a little more cynical I'd say that you're not acting like someone who is anywhere near being burned out. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

That's what I figured you'd say.