Jump to content
(XB1)uVVu Tang Clan

Just got timed out of the Ropalolyst fight

Recommended Posts

After I had killed it.

Turns out there's a 1 minute fail state timer, who knew?

Looks like killing the boss doesn't stop that timer either, fun.

The timer runs through the unskippable death flail scene, awesome.

 

These are the things that I find to be real cool and good.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't that timer only kick in after like...30+ minutes in a mission?

Killing Ralph shouldn't take even remotely that long. The run to extraction is also less than 10 seconds if you do it right.

I've timed out on Sortie +Armor Lephantis sure, but base level Ralph?

Edited by Aldain
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Doesn't that timer only kick in after like...30+ minutes in a mission?

Killing Ralph shouldn't take even remotely that long. The run to extraction is also less than 10 seconds if you do it right.

I've timed out on Sortie +Armor Lephantis sure, but base level Ralph?

Doing it solo for the first time takes that long.

Doing it with some other dude who was so worthless I may as well have been solo, for the second time, also takes that long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, (XB1)uVVu Tang Clan said:

Doing it solo for the first time takes that long.

No, it doesn't.

  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after 30 min in a game you get kicked? 

I honestly never knew this.

 

also ya if your ungeared in the fight I could see it taking a long time. Go not dying and getting it done. Sucks it did not count. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (XB1)uVVu Tang Clan said:

Doing it solo for the first time takes that long.

It took me like 7 minutes on the first kill. You might need to reconsider tackling a boss you're clearly undergeared for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (NSW)Quarky said:

Well excuse the rest of us mr. big-shot-has-his-built-and-gilded-x27-already

I have a first tier amp. It's really not a damage oriented fight. It's bog standard for a video game boss fight.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)uVVu Tang Clan said:

Well for me, it did.

Not everyone shares the same experiences my friend.

That's not what you said, though.

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You sound severely outgunned for this fight.  Have you considered asking Recruiting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took me a few goes before I realised how the mechanics of this boss fight worked so my first 3 or 4 where all fails. Didn’t even make it half way to a timed out mark.

had me thinking “yeah I can tri cap in less than 15 minutes on my own so this new boss should have been a piece of cake“ this boss sucks,

some times a players brain box don’t switch on as fast as dem other players.

 

Edited by kikasnoob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kikasnoob said:

It took me a few goes before I realised how the mechanics of this boss fight worked so my first 3 or 4 where all fails. Didn’t even make it half way to a timed out mark.

had me thinking “yeah I can tri cap in less than 15 minutes on my own so this new boss should have been a piece of cake“ this boss sucks,

some times a players brain box don’t switch on as fast as dem other players.

 

Wow you can do a Trido in 15? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... staying 30 minutes to figure out the fight by lonesome I can understand. But doing it again with someone else for another 30 minutes?? I mean you did learn something new within that hour, right?

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Wow you can do a Trido in 15? 

I have a few times when everything went my way but that was before the Catchmoon and Rubico riven changes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why devs bother fixing anything, there's never a shortage of players tripping over themselves to explain to other players why it's actually their fault that their game screwed them. 

  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, WeltallZero said:

I don't know why devs bother fixing anything, there's never a shortage of players tripping over themselves to explain to other players why it's actually their fault that their game screwed them. 

What is there to fix? Most players found the fight boring and scripted.

It's also confusing as to how the fight could take that long as the transmissions explain most of the mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, trst said:

It's also confusing as to how the fight could take that long as the transmissions explain most of the mechanics.

It is actually a bit loose on the explanation, Alad V gives vague hints at best, and the one moon logic thing about the fight I often see people not understand is having Ralph shoot the pylons to charge them before ramming him into it.

There's also the control panel for the laser being hard to notice until you do it once.

The fight is much better than most in Warframe in terms of design though and also better giving the player information on how to deal with it (looking at you Onnko you riddle-speaking -clem-), but it isn't without a bit of trial-and-error that needs to be stumbled upon.

Edited by Aldain
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BDMblue said:

So after 30 min in a game you get kicked?

The auto fail timer kicks in if the squad doesn't kill an enemy at least once every 15 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 15 Stunden schrieb peterc3:

No, it doesn't.

Yes it does, for most people that don't extract every info out of the wiki and therefore have no clue about the gimmicks of the fight.

Edited by (XB1)TyeGoo
Removed offensive reference
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that's a pretty strong case of git gud here.

The mechanics are very easy to figure out, just look at layout of the arena, the invincibility phases, listenning to the instructions that are sent to you on com, I took around 15 minutes top at my first solo wikiless try.

It's not the game's problem if you can't complete such an easy boss fight in less than a freaking half hour. It's up to you to better yourself until you can complete it faster than that, because like it or not, you were VERY SLOW.

Did you rush the quests until there without trying to keep up with the power level needed ? Or did you just queued up an eidolon based boss, not listenning to anything, not paying attention to your surroundings and expect to just shoot it ?

How long must you stay on an invincibility phase before figuring out you maybe should do something else ? Because once you figure out the loop, as long as you have a vaguely decently modded mk1 braton, there is litteraly no reason to take that long.

When did that become a thing ? Back in my day, if you got stuck on a hard boss, you'd just keep trying until you got good enough to beat it, we wouldn't ask the devs to make it easier... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Yes it does, for most people that don't extract every info out of the wiki and therefore have no clue about the gimmicks of the fight.

You are being contraditory for the sake of being contraditory again, Clem³.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...