Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just got timed out of the Ropalolyst fight

(XBOX)ACABforCutie

On 2019-11-09 at 6:46 AM, trst said:

What is there to fix?

The completely useless and invisible timer that can among others autofail a boss mission right after defeating it. This is not acceptable game design. 

On 2019-11-09 at 12:24 PM, Fallen77 said:

Back in my day, if you got stuck on a hard boss, you'd just keep trying until you got good enough to beat it, we wouldn't ask the devs to make it easier... 

The OP is not asking in any shape, way or form for the fight to be made easier. Try to keep up. 

On 2019-11-08 at 10:16 AM, (XB1)uVVu Tang Clan said:

After I had killed it.

Turns out there's a 1 minute fail state timer, who knew?

Looks like killing the boss doesn't stop that timer either, fun.

The timer runs through the unskippable death flail scene, awesome.

These are the things that I find to be real cool and good.

All assassinations have a timer. You know how the Lotus said that they would get away or escape during most other assassination missions? She wasn’t kidding. They do have an incredibly long and generous timer. If you can’t kill it in time, you can’t solo it (simply because you’re not strong enough). My only recommendation is to get a better amp or a better and more modded out weapon. Take radiation damage in and you should be able to one shot parts. 

Oh, some extra info. Most non endless missions have a timer. They’re usually generous but they do exist. They will continue to run even if the objective has been completed so you might not want to take too long to extract out of that capture you just done for example.

Edited by (PS4)TertulSee
  • Like 1

On 2019-11-09 at 12:00 AM, WeltallZero said:

I don't know why devs bother fixing anything, there's never a shortage of players tripping over themselves to explain to other players why it's actually their fault that their game screwed them. 

The fight has bugs sure, but this wasnt one of those cases. Don't white knight. 

14 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

The fight has bugs sure, but this wasnt one of those cases. Don't white knight. 

So I am "white knigthing" because I'm calling a broken mechanic (that has screwed me in the past) broken. Not, you know, the people tripping over themselves to defend the honor of a corporation over consumers entirely pro bono. 

Do you have anything to contribute to the thread other than regurgitating alt-right lingo? Like, for example, a valid design reason why it's a good idea to fail a mission over an invisible timer after the player has defeated the boss?

6 hours ago, WeltallZero said:

So I am "white knigthing" because I'm calling a broken mechanic (that has screwed me in the past) broken. Not, you know, the people tripping over themselves to defend the honor of a corporation over consumers entirely pro bono. 

Do you have anything to contribute to the thread other than regurgitating alt-right lingo? Like, for example, a valid design reason why it's a good idea to fail a mission over an invisible timer after the player has defeated the boss?

If it took you 30 minutes to kill a boss you weren't prepared for it. Blame yourself for being undergeared, not the game. That's like playing an RPG avoiding combat not leveling up and then complaining the game is too hard. Your fault. Definitely just outed yourself as a liberal btw for calling someone alt-right. Lol. No point in arguing with you because all the facts in the world wont change a liberals mind.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

If it took you 30 minutes to kill a boss you weren't prepared for it. Blame yourself for being undergeared, not the game. That's like playing an RPG avoiding combat not leveling up and then complaining the game is too hard. Your fault. Definitely just outed yourself as a liberal btw for calling someone alt-right. Lol. No point in arguing with you because all the facts in the world wont change a liberals mind.

Don't strawman, talking about gear when the actual topic up for debate is the existence of an invisible timer. Definitely just outed yourself as an idiot btw for responding totally orthogonal to the topic at hand. No point in arguing with you because you aren't even engaging in the actual debate.

18 hours ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Don't strawman, talking about gear when the actual topic up for debate is the existence of an invisible timer. Definitely just outed yourself as an idiot btw for responding totally orthogonal to the topic at hand. No point in arguing with you because you aren't even engaging in the actual debate.

Pretty much. I see this forum doesn't have an "ignore member" function sadly. 

I definitely had a chuckle at "outed yourself as a liberal", considering the game's obvious anticapitalist message, but of course noticing that would require some modicum of self-awareness.