Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sprint Speed vs Movement Speed

Klaste

This is just an issue I have with the consistency of term usage within mods. On several mods, i.e. "Rush," they tell you of an increase to sprint speed. Other mods, such as Ivara's Prowl augment, will give you an increase to movement speed. I assume the latter was to avoid encouraging players to think they could now sprint in prowl, but the end result was that I assumed that they were two separate stats.

As I was trying to find ways to increase non-sprint movement speed the only information I could find was related to sprint speed, which is when I finally realized they were the same thing. 

TL;DR I am suggesting that all usage of the terms Sprint Speed and Movement Speed be made to be more consistant, preferably as Movement Speed since that makes it obvious that it works on all movement. (I am not currently sure how it interacts with bullet jumping, but that could result in confusion there I suppose.)

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Are there any mods that only affect sprint speed? I'm pretty sure it's all movement speed.

To my understanding, all of the Sprint Speed mods only affect sprint speed. The only way to increase your walking speed is getting a buff from an allied Volt/Wisp/etc. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.)

Thankfully, it becomes a non-issue if you play with Sprint as a toggle rather than a hold. Just turn it on at the start of each mission and never worry about walking speed again!

1 minute ago, SortaRandom said:

To my understanding, all of the Sprint Speed mods only affect sprint speed. The only way to increase your walking speed is getting a buff from an allied Volt/Wisp/etc. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.)

Thankfully, it becomes a non-issue if you play with Sprint as a toggle rather than a hold. Just turn it on at the start of each mission and never worry about walking speed again!

Your understanding is very wrong. Read the wiki.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Your understanding is very wrong. Read the wiki.

Y'all need to rely on the wiki less. The less talked-about mechanics in this game are often poorly tested, if even that.

In this particular case, the Wiki correctly (albeit a bit unclearly) states that "Sprint speed" (i.e. sprint-exclusive) is a distinct stat from "speed" / "movement speed" (i.e. walking/aiming/sprinting). Sources of the former (e.g. Rush, Sprint Boost, and Amalgam Serration) will have no effect whatsoever on walking speed.

Dispatch Overdrive, Arcane Vanguard helmet, and Kogake Prime (I think? Never tested) are all sources of "movement speed" that didn't come into my head at the time. On top of warframe base stats, of course.

Edited by SortaRandom

On 2019-11-09 at 2:22 AM, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Are there any mods that only affect sprint speed? I'm pretty sure it's all movement speed.

Sprint Boost, Speed Drift, Rush are prime examples of mods that increases sprint speed, but does not increase other movement speed. Sliding is the only exception because slides are based on your initial movement (its an additive-after-effect). Same thing could be said about rolling but rolling's linear nature makes it not count.