Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Zambuka Ayatan is Over Priced

Keogu

Hello

I am writing here as I wish to address the issue I've personally come across in regards to the new Zambuka Ayatan Sculpute. 

In Devstream #132 your Place holder price was 25 Vitus, and the name was "Kar Ayatan" (Zambuka sounds much livelier, thank you for changing it).

My one question is: Why have you doubled the price? 

I would have been okay if the price had an increase of 5-10 Vitus, but increasing it up to 50? Why? 

I was excited to hear that a new Ayatan was going to be available for that price, only to be disappointed by this massive change in price. 

The Endo value isn't even worth that much sitting at 450 Endo unfilled, and 2600 Endo once full of stars. But why would you trade it to Maroo once it's filled after you've spent so much on it? 

Other Ayatans such as the Orta and Anasa are much easier to come by and have 2,700 and 3,450 Endo values (Once filled) respectively. 

As someone who works split shifts (anywhere from 8-11 hour days) I find this a rather impossible task as I simply do not have the time to spend grinding out Vitus to buy 1 of these (admittedly beautiful) Ayatans. Even with the 2 hours I have after work, I cannot bring myself to sit down and muster the last of my energy to grind out this much Vitus for such a measly reward. 

As a suggestion, either increase the Endo value of these beauties to something more worth the price, or lower the Vitus cost back down to around the 25 mark. I personally would prefer the latter, as I don't trade my Ayatans in for Endo. I like how they look sitting in my ship fully animated, and I would like a small stash of these since they look fantastic. 

Thank you for your time and consideration.

h6HnGWa.png

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, DesertEagle1280 said:

It's a sink - have 500 vitus and nothing left to spend it on, here!

It's a terrible sink. It's like those dumb Corpus Roombas that cost 100p when a fully functional Sentinel can be bought for 75p.

25 Vitus? That's fine. It's a sculpture that sits around in your orbiter. 50? Just no.

40 minutes ago, DesertEagle1280 said:

In b4 drydock takes 1000 VE to build

Whoa - easy there, Satan!

37 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

It's like those dumb Corpus Roombas that cost 100p when a fully functional Sentinel can be bought for 75p.

Let's not bring roombas here because those are orbiter decoration that has no function unlike Ayatans.

I would rather for those thing to cost 5 vitus because I can get far more sculptures and endo in just one 25 minutes arbitrations run.

38 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Whoa - easy there, Satan!

Hehe - I mean, 5000 doohickeys for Hema, at the lowest clan rank.  Wouldn't be the first time they thought "endgame" translates to stupidly ridiculous grind.  I mean, can you give another valid reason for making a low-endo statue cost more than almost everything else in that shop, other than for reducing the amount of that currency floating around?  In the period before liches, some people collected a ton of the stuff, and so some people have huge stockpiles.  The only rational explanation is they're curbing that currency, and why else curb it but because they want to prolong new content down the road.  Maybe I'm overcynical, but the lich layers of exponential rng makes me doubt it.

3 hours ago, DesertEagle1280 said:

It's a sink - have 500 vitus and nothing left to spend it on, here!  There ya go - something to spend your "money" on just so you can say you spent it, and later we can introduce something for like 500 and not have everyone own it in 5 seconds.

In b4 drydock takes 1000 VE to build

Wouldn’t you prefer to get move endo out of your Vitus?

The price increasing over what was originally shown in a stream is one thing, but man, don't buy these for endo. They're for decoration after being teased seeing the broken one on Suumbat's table in Cetus for all this time. There are much easier ways to obtain endo, statues or not. This is a shiny to look at, full stop.

I think it's in a good place as far as Endo payout goes: it's much more efficient per star than anything else we have (537.5E per cyan, 1075E per amber, compared to Orta's 410 and 820 and Orta is the next best thing).

Considering the prices of every other item from Arbitrations listed on the wiki—the only thing more expensive than it from the wiki list is Illumina Judicium emote, everything else clocks at 35 or under, including 10,000 Kuva and the Archwing rivens—it does seem a bit over-expensive from a cosmetic standpoint, and I don't think the Endo payout really justifies it either given the mode is all about gaining Endo through every conceivable means.

Maybe 30, 35 worst case? 25 may be a bit low since it is such an effective Endo statue and a decent orbiter shiny, but 50 also seems quite excessive.

On 2019-11-08 at 7:46 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Wouldn’t you prefer to get move endo out of your Vitus?

Prefer yes - but I'm not crying about it because there's other ways to get endo.  Like doing the arbis for other statues, or honestly, I have plenty of plat, I'll just buy 12-18 Anasa if I all of a sudden need more than the like 100k endo I have sitting around already (and statues I haven't turned in).

There are some things that are designed to be an efficient way to get endo, and there are other things designed to be cosmetic/status symbol/sink.  Guess which one this is, and spend your time and resources accordingly.