Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rubico Riven for eidolons

(PSN)segulibanez65

Question

Was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on a riven.  My current is +dam and +crit chance.  I'm pretty sure I know what a great riven would be (CC, CD, MS/a radiation elemental with a negative like -zoom.  At least that's what I guess I'd want... Not happening though) but its the "goodish" that I'm not sure of.  RN I have the riven rolled and am on the select screen to choose between +dam/CC and +dam/CD.  I intended to keep rolling anyway but in case these are the best I see before running out of kuva, am I better off going for a an occasional orange crit (130.5% CC) or sticking with the 95% CC with a ~7.9-8.1 crit damage (CD on the riven is 90.x)

tl/dr:

a) 130% CC with 6.6x CD

or

b) 95% CC with roughly 8 CD

One more question regarding the +base damage:  Im still better sticking with Serration even with the diminishing returns of stacking +base damage, correct?  I've tried slotting in Wildfire and a few other to see if I'd get more out of an elemental but am not seeing any benefits.  Thanks to any/all that can give me some advice

12 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

Was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on a riven.  My current is +dam and +crit chance.  I'm pretty sure I know what a great riven would be (CC, CD, MS/a radiation elemental with a negative like -zoom.  At least that's what I guess I'd want... Not happening though) but its the "goodish" that I'm not sure of.  RN I have the riven rolled and am on the select screen to choose between +dam/CC and +dam/CD.  I intended to keep rolling anyway but in case these are the best I see before running out of kuva, am I better off going for a an occasional orange crit (130.5% CC) or sticking with the 95% CC with a ~7.9-8.1 crit damage (CD on the riven is 90.x)

tl/dr:

a) 130% CC with 6.6x CD

or

b) 95% CC with roughly 8 CD

One more question regarding the +base damage:  Im still better sticking with Serration even with the diminishing returns of stacking +base damage, correct?  I've tried slotting in Wildfire and a few other to see if I'd get more out of an elemental but am not seeing any benefits.  Thanks to any/all that can give me some advice

when you say 8 cd what do you mean in specific numbers?

Okay did some math but heres basically what it boils down to

A) does more consistent orange crits

B) does more potential damage

Its like a 14 percent difference in crit chance. Id honestly go B. Its 57% chance to orange crit which is already good.

Edited by (PS4)Keiji_Haku
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Keiji_Haku said:

when you say 8 cd what do you mean in specific numbers?

Okay did some math but heres basically what it boils down to

A) does more consistent orange crits

B) does more potential damage

Its like a 14 percent difference in crit chance. Id honestly go B. Its 57% chance to orange crit which is already good.

Its 90.3% CD on the one "new" one, but I've not made the choice yet so I can't check what the final number is on the weapon.

I was thinking going with the CD myself just because it would be more consistent damage.  I've also got the 3 vigilante's that will fit on carrier p, and the exilus vigilante as I use Oberon to solo so not having power drift isn't hurting me really.  So I've got 20% chance of the crit upgrade at least.

Thanks for getting back to me.

@Admiral_N0nsense  I had not heard they were going to further drop Rubico's dispo, so thanks for letting me know!  I was going to burn a few hundred thousand kuva too!  Think I'll just roll a few more times to see if I get lucky and then stop.  Thanks again

Edit:  I put the +dam/CD on and I was underestimating the CD boost.  I'm now at 95% CC with 9.3 CD.  Sitting at 3,242 Rad, which is up from I think ~2950, so that 115.7% +dam doesn't do much but its something.

Build: Serration - Split Chamber- Point Strike - Vital Sense - Stormbringer - Hellfire - Wildfire - Riven.  Plan to play around with swapping Wildfire for the MS boost from Vigilante Armaments.  The damage is slightly lower with vig arm, but the guaranteed 2nd projectile, with 50% chance of a third is tempting.  Problem with that is the spread on the MS projectiles is fairly harsh and I'm having trouble getting them to land on the shoulder synovia's of Gantulyst/Hydrolyst.  So its another choice between much higher infrequent damage vs consistent damage.

Edited by (PS4)segulibanez65

Critical Chance on Rubico riven are better because with the +50% of harrow  you will get a lot of orange crit. As for second stat, multishot would be better for consistency dmg, (3x shots + more chance of occuring a orange crit). Between CD and DMG, CD is better because we have a lot of Bonus damage things to boost the Weapons, normal damage mods like serration, Vigorous Swap (165% bonus), arcane rage and the aura like Dead Eye, with this 4, you will get 502.5% bonus dmg, ofc, if you are chroma, you don't need this, but I still like Vigorous Swap on him, and now, you will need because of melee changes.

Between CC, CD, MS, DMg, I'd go for CC.

Between MS, CD, DMG. I'd go for MS.

Between DMG and CD, I'd go for CD.

Edited by MPonder

If you go Volt with a Crit Chance Riven on your Rubico, then you can put down your own Shields to boost your Crit Damage, making the Crit Damage/Multishot stuff not mandatory at all.

If you want to go Unairu Chroma, I hear the real trick involves something with combo management, no idea what that's about.

1 hour ago, MPonder said:

Critical Chance on Rubico riven are better because with the +50% of harrow  you will get a lot of orange crit. As for second stat, multishot would be better for consistency dmg, (3x shots + more chance of occuring a orange crit). Between CD and DMG, CD is better because we have a lot of Bonus damage things to boost the Weapons, normal damage mods like serration, Vigorous Swap (165% bonus), arcane rage and the aura like Dead Eye, with this 4, you will get 502.5% bonus dmg, ofc, if you are chroma, you don't need this, but I still like Vigorous Swap on him, and now, you will need because of melee changes.

Between CC, CD, MS, DMg, I'd go for CC.

Between MS, CD, DMG. I'd go for MS.

Between DMG and CD, I'd go for CD.

I own a Harrow but don't think I've ever used him outside of leveling to 30.  Not positive of his kit but he doesn't have a way to heal lures, right?  I've been soloing them more for a challenge and the only frames I seem to be able to keep lures alive with is Trin, Gara, and Oberon.  Use Oberon pretty much exclusively since his smite augment adds 200%+ rad damage to his own weapon now. Hallowed to add armor to the lures, and his heal of course.

Always wanted to get into Harrow, and I could prob keep lures alive w/ ancient healer specter and pizza's, so I might throw a few forma on him and give him a try.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

I own a Harrow but don't think I've ever used him outside of leveling to 30.  Not positive of his kit but he doesn't have a way to heal lures, right?  I've been soloing them more for a challenge and the only frames I seem to be able to keep lures alive with is Trin, Gara, and Oberon.  Use Oberon pretty much exclusively since his smite augment adds 200%+ rad damage to his own weapon now. Hallowed to add armor to the lures, and his heal of course.

Always wanted to get into Harrow, and I could prob keep lures alive w/ ancient healer specter and pizza's, so I might throw a few forma on him and give him a try.

He can't heal, usually squads are Chroma, Harrow, Volt and Trinity. Oberon can do a little what harrow and Trin do, but he is just a worst version of them when using him in place of Harrow or Trinity.

1 hour ago, Zhuinden said:

If you go Volt with a Crit Chance Riven on your Rubico, then you can put down your own Shields to boost your Crit Damage, making the Crit Damage/Multishot stuff not mandatory at all.

If you want to go Unairu Chroma, I hear the real trick involves something with combo management, no idea what that's about.

Volt shield cd is not additive with CD Mods as Far as I know. So even for volt, CD > DMG. But sure, volt shield buff is pretty strong.

Edited by MPonder

2 minutes ago, MPonder said:

He can't heal, usually squads are Chroma, Harrow, Volt and Trinity. Oberon can do a little what harrow and Trin do, but he is just a worst version of them when using him in place of Harrow or Trinity.

Yeah, Oberon's jack of most trades, master of none.  Makes him a great choice for someone like myself that is still trying to get the sequence of everything perfected in a hunt.  Guessing once I've got the mechanics down to the point of them being trivial I'll be able to move on to a more specialized damage frame like chroma/volt/harrow.  I'm the kind of player that hates dragging teammates down, so I'd rather get good on my own first and then find a party that can do 5+ runs a night.

As an aside, anyone know the objectively quickest way to deal with lures?  I've been grabbing 2, charging them, then grabbing another 4 to charge during Tera.  Park 3 charged out of the way to be used on Hydro, then grab 2 more to deal with Gant.  Now that I type it out like that it seems so confused, lol.  Gotta be a better way

Chroma grab first lure, charge it full before first eidolon become vulnerable. Trinity grab 2 lures, park for chroma on Teralyst, Chroma will charge this two lures too with Voms that will spawn when the last limb is destroyed, 3 full charges lures, 2 for first capture, 1 to next eidolon. Trinity Grab the next 5 lures before the first eidolon get killed if possible, usually it is possible.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-09 at 5:01 PM, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

Yeah, Oberon's jack of most trades, master of none.  Makes him a great choice for someone like myself that is still trying to get the sequence of everything perfected in a hunt.  Guessing once I've got the mechanics down to the point of them being trivial I'll be able to move on to a more specialized damage frame like chroma/volt/harrow.  I'm the kind of player that hates dragging teammates down, so I'd rather get good on my own first and then find a party that can do 5+ runs a night.

As an aside, anyone know the objectively quickest way to deal with lures?  I've been grabbing 2, charging them, then grabbing another 4 to charge during Tera.  Park 3 charged out of the way to be used on Hydro, then grab 2 more to deal with Gant.  Now that I type it out like that it seems so confused, lol.  Gotta be a better way

1st lure is charged by someone standing at the fork-like hills in front of Cetus and attracting vomvs. Trin brings +2 lures for Tera fight, so that there are 3 charged lures by the end, so that you don't need to worry about Gantu not being held down.

Somewhere in between, people often get all 6 lures up. And keep them alive with Blessing. 

On 2019-11-09 at 6:13 AM, Zhuinden said:

Snipers have a combo multiplier so what multishot does is builds that faster. If you have 200% multishot on a sniper from split chamber, vigilante armaments, and your riven then you get and instant 1.5× damage multiplier that applies immediately on your first shot.