Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lich needs an opt out option

xreaperx22

Question

like i didnt even want to start my lich yet as i have story missions i have not completed yet,i went on a regular old mission and bam! all of a sudden i have a lich that i didnt want,and this was before the patch,but there needs to be a way to opt out of doing it or something,its like a forced game mode and i dont like it at all,i mean maybe it will be fun once i completed the story line and am MR 20's but right now i was just having a blast going at my own pace,now im hounded by a dang lich i didnt want in the first place.....

10 answers to this question

But they already added that 2 days ago???

" Larvling Lich creation is now a true opt-in mechanic. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’ve changed the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre-death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation. "

1 hour ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

OP is saying he got the Lich before that feature was released and now can't get rid of it

@ OP: Find some friendly people to help you kill it, it's the only way

Oh, my bad then. In this case he can just kill with a friend or ask for someone for help, next week we will propably get the option to "sell"/trade our liches too

Edited by Duskham

3 hours ago, xreaperx22 said:

i didnt even want to start my lich yet as i have story missions i have not completed yet,i went on a regular old mission and bam! all of a sudden i have a lich that i didnt want,and this was before the patch

Before the latest patch? If you killed a Larvling then, then its your Lich... If so, you'll have to stick with it until you can kill him (apparently, alternatives coming up in following hotfixes/patches)

However! If you haven't found a Larvling (requires 'The War Within' completed to spawn in lvl20+ grineer missions), then the Lich you've found was someone else's Lich and you were sodom- - killed by it just because it could.

Edited by Uhkretor

On 2019-11-08 at 8:12 PM, kapn655321 said:

I've been ignoring my Lich since launch day.
Seems to be pretty safe to do this.

Nothing against the system, just not ready for all that relic grind.
Got way better things to do than kuva farm day in, day out.

yeah my thoughts exactly lol,i accidently got my lich just doing a random mission before the patch came out,i killed something and it died strangely i was like wtf? then boom.lich i guess ill just ignore the dang thing,even tho it freaking chimes in on every log in lol

16 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

yeah my thoughts exactly lol,i accidently got my lich just doing a random mission before the patch came out,i killed something and it died strangely i was like wtf? then boom.lich i guess ill just ignore the dang thing,even tho it freaking chimes in on every log in lol

I got mine intentionally, because I wanted to get the ball rolling..

Then I learned some of the mechanics, and the amount of prep work I should have done before hand..
Namely, getting all the relics, radiant them, get all the words, level them...

I've never had spare traces.

So essentially, The Lich gets to camp out on Sedna into perpetuity until I run out of clan members who need prime parts.
Never. Gonna. Happen.

Maybe some day they increase the amount of traces we can get somehow, and it will become viable.
'Till then, I see it as something I look forward to doing in like, 2 years?

Edited by kapn655321

19 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Maybe some day they increase the amount of traces we can get somehow, and it will become viable.

I think this is something that needs to happen. Between hassling with the lich and trying to finish this PA, I'm pretty much always skosh on traces. 

The trace drop rate could be raised substantially and you'd still have a considerable grind--but not the monumental one you have now.