Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich with inferious duplicate

Kefirno

Well, on my 4th lich this finally happened. Same kuva brakk, same element, 9% less elemental bonus. No, I'm not doing this. 3 hours of boring, tiring, repetitive grind with literally 0 (zero, none) rewards just to get a chance to roll another lich (possibly with same result). I'm taking a break until it's fixed. Rerolling lich, discarding lich, putting lich in stasis and throwing them out of the airlock, fusing guns to combine stats. Something.

• Like 1

That's an interesting idea. If the duplicate has worse bonus than the weapon you're merging it into, it'll add to current's modifier by the amount it had less of. For example, lets assume your gun has +39% modifier, but the new gun has +30%. Merging it would add 9% to your current gun, giving it 48%. However, if the new modifier is greater than the current, then it is overwritten to the new value.

3 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

That's an interesting idea. If the duplicate has worse bonus than the weapon you're merging it into, it'll add to current's modifier by the amount it had less of. For example, lets assume your gun has +39% modifier, but the new gun has +30%. Merging it would add 9% to your current gun, giving it 48%. However, if the new modifier is greater than the current, then it is overwritten to the new value.

This would be a horrible idea.  It would reward you more for getting a crap dupe roll than getting a good (but not better than og) dupe role.  A better way of calculating the bonus would be something along the lines of: Increase = (X - MinValue) / 2.  'X' being the elemental bonus on the duplicate that has a lower % bonus than the one you currently have.  Then if the bonus for the dupe item is the MinValue (or if X - MinValue is less than say 5%), then the merge would provide a bonus increase of 5%.  This means that getting a good roll that still isn't as good as your current will still reward the player more than a lesser dupe roll.  Obviously what the X - MinValue is being divided by (as well as the 5% threshold) can be adjusted depending on how generous/reasonable DE is feeling.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

14 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

This would be a horrible idea.  It would reward you more for getting a crap dupe roll than getting a good (but not better then og) dupe role.  A better way of calculating the bonus would be something along the lines of: Increase = (X - MinValue) / 2.  'X' being the elemental bonus on the duplicate that has a lower % bonus than the one you currently have.  Then if the bonus for the dupe item is the MinValue (or if X - MinValue is less than say 5%), then the merge would provide a bonus increase of 5%.  This means that getting a good roll that still isn't as good as your current will still reward the player more than a lesser dupe roll.  Obviously what the X - MinValue is being divided by (as well as the 5% threshold) can be adjusted depending on how generous/reasonable DE is feeling.

I'm not good with math to come up with a proper formula, but your suggestion would indeed be better.

Consuming dupes to add stats would be nice, but it will eventually hit the wall after I reach the max elemental % and the next lich with same inferior weapon will be completely useless. There should be an option to somehow use garbage dupes to create new gun. Transmute, reroll, trade, exchange or dissolve into some crafting resource to make a brand-new one. In addition to option to transfer/add elemental bonus ofc.

52 minutes ago, Katinka said:

You could convert him instead.

My lich is ugly, has unpleasant personality and doesn't have ephemera.