MystikNeko

How can you like the new melee?

Hi. 

I just want to know from you why the heck you enjoy the new (IMHO game destroying) melee mechanic

Opinions from Inaros+Gram mains preferred since those players are fuked most

• Like 3
  • Haha 26
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MystikNeko said:

Inaros+Gram mains preferred since those players are fuked most

Ha... totally.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

The moment you realize you can swap combos mid swing.

Keep pressing E, then just click the ADS, then push forward, push forward and ADS... mix and match but never stop clicking E.

Also the salt of overreactions is great in my fires.

• Like 28
  • Satisfied 2
  • Upvote 8

Cause u didn't try the easiest way to combo attack yet , instead of keeping slide attack , u actually need to think what to use to be more efficient , and btw u can oneshot lv 150 bombard instead of keeping attack him like stupid as before... Is just make more sense , more style and everything , the meele is still King in dmf but now u can use all the weapons not only staff polyarms type or the atterax scoliac .. I'm using fang prime and it's working who the #*!% care of everything else... Btw inaros ... Ahahah

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 2

I don't enjoy it. The melee 3.0 has 1 nice point which helps you not hesitate to use any melee. Apart from that point, all melees are too normal, none is special, none is distinctive, mods become mediocre.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Upvote 9

10 минут назад, MystikNeko сказал:

But Lifestrike or what was its name got destroyed 

What Lifestrike? Ah, that strange mod that is just a weaker and less convenient to use version of Magus Repair since Profit Taker update...

Sure, this melee update destroyed it like nothing else! Take that, instantly healing everything around spasekid.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 4

I like it because while picking a meat stick and sliding to victory is no longer an option, the other 95% of melees got a nice buff.

A lot of melees are now really good, it's just the hybrid co+ms build that got broken.

It's not even melee weapons only.

Have you tried Garuda lately? She's stupid fast to the point that I feel when I lose control of a car and try to get her in track and 2shots it all.

Khora? She's also even more absurd with the new combo multiplier.

Edited by Ver1dian

16 minutes ago, MystikNeko said:

But Lifestrike or what was its name got destroyed 

just use a heavy attack to instantly heal better than consuming energy

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 4

It's much easier to achieve high critical chance apart from slide attacking - but let's not talk about that here, if I talk I'm in big trouble, big trouble - because it is easier to achieve higher combo quick & Gladiator Set got buffed to be equal to Blood Rush.

Weeping Wounds also got buffed & It's easier to achieve higher Combo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

just use a heavy attack to instantly heal better than consuming energy

Amen to that. And since heavy attacks are monstorusly alot higher damage (Atleast from im seeing with the numbers) you get max healed most of the time, altoguh i dont really know what number Lifestrike is calculating from, but it works nicely.

Personaly im just happy that manual blocking is back .w.

• Like 1

It's a lot smoother, and I've been wanting Warframe to have a 2 button melee system pretty much since melee 2.0 came out. Also, I'm interested to see what Channeling 2.0 will bring.

22 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

It's much easier to achieve high critical chance apart from slide attacking - but let's not talk about that here, if I talk I'm in big trouble, big trouble - because it is easier to achieve higher combo quick & Gladiator Set got buffed to be equal to Blood Rush.

Weeping Wounds also got buffed & It's easier to achieve higher Combo.

Weeping wounds and is so powerful now that status chance is almost irrelevant, as long as it's not absolute dumpster tier. (looking at you Guandao) 

Yet blood rush is so powerful now that critical chance and multiplier are almost the only stats that actually matter on a weapon.

Funny how that works. 

Edited by Zekkii

So much easier to do combos now then having to pause or hold and stuff mid click and if you have high attack speed thats even harder.

• Upvote 1

You can't. They messed the update up. It killed co, spin4win and the quality of life that came with it for some "balancing". The truth is the game is still as unbalanced as before but it is slower, less smooth and more exhausting to play. If you havent got a good melee and/or a nice range/crit/as/dam riven you will see the new mechanic as a buff because of the increased base damage but if you had high end melee weapons it is an overall nerf. 

Edited by tyreens
  • Haha 14
  • Applause 3

3 минуты назад, tyreens сказал:

You can't. They messed the update up. It killed co, spin4win and the quality of life that came with it for some "balancing". The truth is the game is still as unbalanced as before but it is slower and more exhausting to play. If you havent got a good melee and/or a nice range/crit/as/dam riven you will see the new mechanic as a buff because of the increased base damage but if you had high end melee weapons it is an overall nerf. 

So basically they nerfed the most broken weapons that made the melee balance and the game itself a mess, introduced new viable options in your melee slot to try out using, buffed the base damage to stay out of spinning meta and made Rivens less impacting on balance...

Abd you are upset with it...

qpGJrn0glB5eQ4I_.jpg

• Like 4
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 13

vor 5 Minuten schrieb ant99999:

So basically they nerfed the most broken weapons that made the melee balance and the game itself a mess, introduced new viable options in your melee slot to try out using, buffed the base damage to stay out of spinning meta and made Rivens less impacting on balance...

Abd you are upset with it...

qpGJrn0glB5eQ4I_.jpg

I know that this kind of reply would come. Just think about what balance mean. It means that every playstyle is as viable as the other. Is this now the case ? No. Was it before this update? No. So what just happened is that they removed the most quality of life mechanics without giving alternatives or balancing the whole system. I'm not the biggest fan of the old system too but if i had to decide between two broken ones i would take the one which is more confortable to play.

Edited by tyreens
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb Firetempest:

Fixed.

I never used a macro for spinning, so don't do such assumptions

• Haha 5
  • Applause 1

Pretty much more fluid and personally and even the zenistar occasionally throwing the 9sec disc in between spinning around feels fluid. Apart from occasionally the charge attack automatically does twice in a row making the disc return. Could just be my mouse though since i'm using mouse 5 for charge attacks. I don't accidentally do finishers anymore just because they're blinded by inaros sand pocket thingy which i really appreciate. Also started using my lesion and twin basolk more. Plenty of reasons to like it for me.