Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MystikNeko

How can you like the new melee?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

o no someone is playing the game in a way you don't approve of

better go cri on the forums for nerfs

That's a nice strawman you've got there. Did you get it discounted from the Farmer's Market?

The entire point of infinite scaling is to force players out of missions once they get past the levels that they can manage. That's objectively what it is there for.

Now, the power ceiling has been reigned in. One step closer to a better, more balanced game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We may see the enemy top end and combat mechanics make sense of these changes, yet.
If they didn't go into God numbers, and their stats didn't get into BS territory, then we'd have lost nothing.
The exact same results can be met without the run-away-train that was melee's upper limit dps meta.

I think it would be nice if we could ALL go long in missions, without needing on only use exact builds.

...In a game with so many options, why is everyone asking, "What is the best this, how do I build that?"
It could be... build it how it feels right, and it will work within a range of effort, skill, timing, and maneuvers.
Not just... "make the numbers go up, it's the only way."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i certainly don't like that every Melee Weapon is the same, and every button you press is beyblading because every animation is some sort of spinning in a circle or spherical motion.
the most distinctive Melee types before are ofcourse pulled 'into line' with that so they lose the most and still end up at that end point of every Melee Weapon is the embodiment of this:

Spoiler

CharmingHospitableBison-small.gif

the easier flow in/out of Animations and buffing of some of the less useful Mods is nice, but that's small peanuts compared to turning every Melee Weapon into a generic flail stick.

 

 

18 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

What I take issue with, however, are the new movesets: on one hand, I think the new stances are a marked improvement over Melee 2.0, because there are far fewer attacks now that stop us in our tracks, or force us to move in awkward directions. However, those problems haven't gone away completely, because we still use rigid, canned animations, some of them still force movement in some direction, and to top it all off, the vast majority of the attacks and combos we've received I think are almost entirely useless. There is nothing our standing combo does that is meaningfully different from our moving combo, or from our aerial combo, or our standing aerial combo, or whatever. Even heavy attacks in this respect are redundant, which is why nobody uses them. Effectively, DE have put a ton of work into the wrong thing, delivering us hundreds of combos and animations that we have no real reason to use much over W+melee.

Personally, I would've much rather had a melee update that dropped all of the needless complication of combos, and instead updated the IK of melee so that we could aim our attacks and move completely independently of them as well. Beyond that, I would also like each melee weapon to have its own, single bespoke attack animation (which would be less work than the hundreds of combo animations we got), with certain melee weapons also receiving some special attack that did something markedly different from the baseline, such as radial CC or utility. Additionally, I would've liked blocking and ADS to be combined, with proper adjustments made, instead of having manual blocking shunted to some dedicated melee mode nobody cares about. Currently, the system we have still doesn't allow differentiation from one melee weapon to another, and still kind of clashes with Parkour 2.0 instead of complementing it, while also not meshing entirely well with gunplay as was intended.

can i marry you? (not actually, that's weird)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

venka prime destroy everything without a rivin, this melee change is great.

also OP "bai have a grate time"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, taiiat said:

i certainly don't like that every Melee Weapon is the same, and every button you press is beyblading because every animation is some sort of spinning in a circle or spherical motion.
the most distinctive Melee types before are ofcourse pulled 'into line' with that so they lose the most and still end up at that end point of every Melee Weapon is the embodiment of this:

the easier flow in/out of Animations and buffing of some of the less useful Mods is nice, but that's small peanuts compared to turning every Melee Weapon into a generic flail stick.

I don't think they've changed the animations all that much yet... melee was always kind of like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mawdeeps said:

so much wrong with this hours of mot is not intended play says who you? cause it would seem that as the devs put in endless missions ad then added rewards that go up the longer you stay the evidence points to it being entirely intended. disparity between gears hurting the game says who that's literally a key part of looters that some loot is strnger than others to encourage ppl to farm it having all the gear the same would hurt the game smh.  theres other stuff but i dont see the point wasting my time answering it all.

 

One : the rewards stop climbing after rotation C, there is a huge difference between rewarded for 40 minutes and for 3 hours. The absolute most they've ever done is 1hour. Never, and I mean NEVER have we had any incentive from the devs to go higher than an hour. I am coming from the kind of gameplay we have been given by the devs, you are coming from the basis of "I would like this, I'll say that this is the way things should be, even though nothing is backing my claim".

 

Two : how about actually looking into things, instead of just dancing around the words uh ? Of course there is gear disparity and always will be some. BUT, you really think having two or three items be TWENTY go THIRTY times stronger than the strongest primary or secondary (or anything else) is not damaging to the game ? There is disparity between all items, but old melee builds rendered 99% of the stuff obsolete.  That doesn't damage the game right ? As long as you have a tard weapon that you can one shot the all world with, you'll put on blinders and claim that it's all fine as is right ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, XzWasPzX said:

That made many warframes viable. I dont see any Banshee in the Kuva lichs hunts, maybe thats a reason... Indeed, Its been a long time since the last Banshee xD Obvious, now its a suicide. 

I still use Banshee and I never used Life Strike.

You know why people don't use Banshee in Lich hunt ? Because Lich are freaking status immune. Silence doesn't work on them and I doubt even Sonar does. This is a death sentence for a frame that relies on quickly killing enemies that are cc'ed by Silence and weakened by Sonar.

It's not like Banshee was ever popular anyway. She's extremely fragile, so she's pretty hard to play. But Life Strike never was needed and talking as if the new melee update is a reason for her lack of popularity is hypocrisy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I don't think they've changed the animations all that much yet... melee was always kind of like that.

the most unique parts of.... quite a large number of Stances was either removed entirely, or kept the same shape of movement but adjusting it to be more beybladey.
and so stripping out the more unique Animations that provided Melee Weapons with different tools that set them apart from each other and....

leaving the Melee Weapons with things like just basic swinging your arm back and forth, or spinning in circles.
Melee was not like that before.
there were some basic swings or AoE type moves previously, but these were single 'steps' in much more varied processes, having much contrast surrounding them and so they themselves also functioned as contrast. but, since nearly all of those 'advanced' or 'more complex' or 'more unique' Animations are gone, what is left is only what was in between movements that were used to fill out full processes or add timing or get that last hit in to finish something off or get a quick hit in during transitions, Et Cetera. but those Animations were not particularly unique or high profile previously. yet not they are pushed into such a position.

 

5 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Silence doesn't work on them and I doubt even Sonar does. This is a death sentence for a frame that relies on quickly killing enemies that are cc'ed by Silence and weakened by Sonar.

Sonar does infact work! :D
(Liches are immune to Status Effects, but not Abilities. they are also immune to Animation type debuffs or incapacitations so Animation dependent CC doesn't work but you can apply Ability effects to them)

and yes, Banshee was never highly popular because Banshee has always been complicated to play, not an easy Warframe to use. but the power you get out of it... makes Banshee... an interesting Warframe to have. i can't wait until they probably decide to 'rework' the Warframe sometime and turn it into yet another generic W+M1 eyes closed simulator that plays the friggin game for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the most unique parts of.... quite a large number of Stances was either removed entirely, or kept the same shape of movement but adjusting it to be more beybladey.
and so stripping out the more unique Animations that provided Melee Weapons with different tools that set them apart from each other and....

leaving the Melee Weapons with things like just basic swinging your arm back and forth, or spinning in circles.
Melee was not like that before.
there were some basic swings or AoE type moves previously, but these were single 'steps' in much more varied processes, having much contrast surrounding them and so they themselves also functioned as contrast. but, since nearly all of those 'advanced' or 'more complex' or 'more unique' Animations are gone, what is left is only what was in between movements that were used to fill out full processes or add timing or get that last hit in to finish something off or get a quick hit in during transitions, Et Cetera. but those Animations were not particularly unique or high profile previously. yet not they are pushed into such a position.

I am one hundred percent sure that Ninkondi still got the exact same animation, as well as Destreza and Nikana I use the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

One : the rewards stop climbing after rotation C, there is a huge difference between rewarded for 40 minutes and for 3 hours. The absolute most they've ever done is 1hour. Never, and I mean NEVER have we had any incentive from the devs to go higher than an hour. I am coming from the kind of gameplay we have been given by the devs, you are coming from the basis of "I would like this, I'll say that this is the way things should be, even though nothing is backing my claim".

 

Two : how about actually looking into things, instead of just dancing around the words uh ? Of course there is gear disparity and always will be some. BUT, you really think having two or three items be TWENTY go THIRTY times stronger than the strongest primary or secondary (or anything else) is not damaging to the game ? There is disparity between all items, but old melee builds rendered 99% of the stuff obsolete.  That doesn't damage the game right ? As long as you have a tard weapon that you can one shot the all world with, you'll put on blinders and claim that it's all fine as is right ?

How absolutly brainless can you be for saying this ? You are right, you don't need to waste your time answering any more, you have already shown the full extent of your stupidity.

 

1. totally incorrect if you had done an hour in anything you would know this. you get bonus relics for each complete cycle of rotation going up in quality. so nice strawman but i'd suggest educating your self b4 coming here wit an attitude.

2. is funny given your reply t the 1st point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why I like it? Because I can actually use whatever weapon class and not be punished for it, because combos are actually usable and feel good, because Spin2Win is dead, because I can bring a Fang Prime into a kuva survival and outperform my entire squad of meta builders without any frame buffs to aid, do I need to continue explaining why I appreciate being able to use all weapon classes and have the same performance I did previously with Heavy Blades and Polearms only?

Guess what? I can still pull off really good dps just as before, the only thing that got killed was the memestrike meta, get over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheRealShade said:

Why I like it? Because I can actually use whatever weapon class and not be punished for it, because combos are actually usable and feel good, because Spin2Win is dead, because I can bring a Fang Prime into a kuva survival and outperform my entire squad of meta builders without any frame buffs to aid, do I need to continue explaining why I appreciate being able to use all weapon classes and have the same performance I did previously with Heavy Blades and Polearms only?

Guess what? I can still pull off really good dps just as before, the only thing that got killed was the memestrike meta, get over it.

pics or it didnt happen.. also dont care about meme strike tbh wasnt my playstyle sucks 4 those that liked it though its the blood rush and c/o changes that need another look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

I am one hundred percent sure that Ninkondi still got the exact same animation, as well as Destreza and Nikana I use the most.

Nunchuks and Rapiers already were various shapes of randomly flailing in front of you so yeah, they didn't change that much.

Katanas depends on what Stance(s) you use. Blind Justice was already random flailing so that wouldn't change all that much but the other two were not random flailing, and so changed much more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mawdeeps said:

pics or it didnt happen.. also dont care about meme strike tbh wasnt my playstyle sucks 4 those that liked it though its the blood rush and c/o changes that need another look.

How about you go try it out yourself? You have the weapons, you have the mods, you can do your own tweaking and testing like the rest of us did, and no I had no riven no riven on my fang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I'm slightly upset with the new melee system is that I have not found a way to make the Tatsu viable vs lvl 160 enemies so far, and I love that thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mawdeeps said:

1. totally incorrect if you had done an hour in anything you would know this. you get bonus relics for each complete cycle of rotation going up in quality. so nice strawman but i'd suggest educating your self b4 coming here wit an attitude.

2. is funny given your reply t the 1st point

While somewhat true there is faster and better ways to farm Relics then survivals or endless missions. Everyone knows this and the incentive of extra Relics to most vets or players who have most of everything (or all of what they  want is useless) you know what he was talking about in terms of scaling rewards. And or rewards that actually Matter because being honest... Nobody did endurance runs for the Relics they did them for the challenge. Now you can reach the challenge about the same and for some weapons go further. (Using narmon I feel no changes and I was even making the fang prime viable before the melee updates. Still am BTW because I'm on ps4) melee isn't terrible or game ruining. It's very different to many rn and thats okay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

While somewhat true there is faster and better ways to farm Relics then survivals or endless missions. Everyone knows this and the incentive of extra Relics to most vets or players who have most of everything (or all of what they  want is useless) you know what he was talking about in terms of scaling rewards. And or rewards that actually Matter because being honest... Nobody did endurance runs for the Relics they did them for the challenge. Now you can reach the challenge about the same and for some weapons go further. (Using narmon I feel no changes and I was even making the fang prime viable before the melee updates. Still am BTW because I'm on ps4) melee isn't terrible or game ruining. It's very different to many rn and thats okay

Amen to that.

This was a big change of a base system, it's bound to anger some ppl (remember the old Draco/Synoid Miragulor nerf/etc...?, the salt was real)

The new system accomplished some of its goals like allowing us to use more different gear in mid-high (sortie) lv.

No more Meme-strike Atterax 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Olav152 said:

Amen to that.

This was a big change of a base system, it's bound to anger some ppl (remember the old Draco/Synoid Miragulor nerf/etc...?, the salt was real)

The new system accomplished some of its goals like allowing us to use more different gear in mid-high (sortie) lv.

No more Meme-strike Atterax 🙂

no more anything melle past a certain point unless you go with a squad and have a saryn or back to the 4 x cp meta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having more fun now and increased the body count, so... I'm satisfied with the change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think my biggest gripe is the way its effected modding you can literally now mod a status weapon the same as a crit weapon and have no dramas. c/o is just better than pressure point 60/60 elementals are meh as weeping wounds and 2 x 90% elementals is better as you have a spare slot from no longer needing prime pressure point

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-11-09 at 8:43 AM, tyreens said:

It means that every playstyle is as viable as the other.

.....and that's bad why?

Oh no, different playstyles are viable now and you do whichever you want without thinking you're doing little damage, OH THE HORROR!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meleeing is horrobile anyway, doesn't matter. Smash E or put a macro to spin, this is all I see from players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MPonder said:

Meleeing is horrobile anyway, doesn't matter. Smash E or put a macro to spin, this is all I see from players.

I see some running around with ground slam animation cancel macro's. Makes me want to vomit, because it reminds me of the colossus slam animation cancel macros some used to exploit mechanics in Anthem.😟

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mawdeeps said:

no more anything melle past a certain point unless you go with a squad and have a saryn or back to the 4 x cp meta

Went 2hours and 15 minutes with rakta dark dagger and wukong prime on the pc update on my friends account..... Invest in narmon. Cp isn't needed at all. Experiment with your builds instead of just complaining you can't cheese anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...