Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can you like the new melee?

MystikNeko

8 hours ago, Corvid said:

That's a nice strawman you've got there. Did you get it discounted from the Farmer's Market?

The entire point of infinite scaling is to force players out of missions once they get past the levels that they can manage. That's objectively what it is there for.

Now, the power ceiling has been reigned in. One step closer to a better, more balanced game.

That's not a strawman, that's your literal argument.

Nice try pretending you're anything but selfish, though.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Went 2hours and 15 minutes with rakta dark dagger and wukong prime on the pc update on my friends account..... Invest in narmon. Cp isn't needed at all. Experiment with your builds instead of just complaining you can't cheese anymore 

again pics or it didnt happen

4 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

Naw man, he can't get pics. See, it was his friend's uncle's brother's account. And his father works at Sega. Also, his dog ate the hard drive.

yeah that would be why he couldnt post a rakta build for us to test so unfortunate a lot of that going around lately also notice how they are suggesting naramon and daggers might that be because covert leathality plus executing dash? well yeah i guess having to run 1 set up and only being able to use daggers is great. also lets not forget that the white knights were happy when de were gionna change lethality as well

Edited by mawdeeps

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

No, my argument is that in game systems are working as intended. You're the one who went off talking about nerfs.

Working as intended based off the preference of someone who doesn't like how other people enjoy playing the game, and wants it nerfed, yes. I agree.

1 minute ago, XaoGarrent said:

Working as intended based off the preference of someone who doesn't like how other people enjoy playing the game, and wants it nerfed, yes. I agree.

No, based off of the purpose that the devs have clearly stated it is there for.

It's pretty basic logic: If the devs wanted players going up to those absurd levels, they would offer missions that start at said levels.

Just now, Corvid said:

No, based off of the purpose that the devs have clearly stated it is there for.

It's pretty basic logic: If the devs wanted players going up to those absurd levels, they would offer missions that start at said levels.

You are just reinforcing my argument, thanks.

You do realize that word of god changes nothing, right? 

Just now, XaoGarrent said:

You are just reinforcing my argument, thanks.

You do realize that word of god changes nothing, right? 

Feel free to believe that. Doesn't change the fact that you're expecting the game to be something its not, then complaining when the devs rebalance things to bring it back in line with their vision.

Just now, Corvid said:

Feel free to believe that. Doesn't change the fact that you're expecting the game to be something its not, then complaining when the devs rebalance things to bring it back in line with their vision.

Why don't you ask a certain Jack Emmert how his "vision" for a certain superhero MMO worked out. Or how the vision of the Star Wars Galaxies devs worked out, when they decided their game needed to compete in the same space as other games like WoW. A bunch of people in the 90s had a vision for Sega's future as a console developer, too.

Video game history is full of developers with "vision." Things would have gone better if it wasn't.

1 minute ago, XaoGarrent said:

Why don't you ask a certain Jack Emmert how his "vision" for a certain superhero MMO worked out. Or how the vision of the Star Wars Galaxies devs worked out, when they decided their game needed to compete in the same space as other games like WoW. A bunch of people in the 90s had a vision for Sega's future as a console developer, too.

Video game history is full of developers with "vision." Things would have gone better if it wasn't.

Yet we also have cases like Cory Barlog, whose vision for the God of War reboot created a game that is widely considered a masterpiece. There are more examples I'm sure, though that is the one that springs to mind.

Vision isn't a bad thing. For too long Warframe has been operating on an unstable, unbalanced gameplay system (As the late John Bain described it, Warframe is a castle built on a castle built on the ruins of another castle), and as someone who has been here since early open beta, I feel it is high time DE started fixing it. If that means messing with the setups of a few meta slaves who forget that Warframe is a game that has always been in flux, then so be it.

Just now, Corvid said:

Yet we also have cases like Cory Barlog, whose vision for the God of War reboot created a game that is widely considered a masterpiece. There are more examples I'm sure, though that is the one that springs to mind.

Vision isn't a bad thing. For too long Warframe has been operating on an unstable, unbalanced gameplay system (As the late John Bain described it, Warframe is a castle built on a castle built on the ruins of another castle), and as someone who has been here since early open beta, I feel it is high time DE started fixing it. If that means messing with the setups of a few meta slaves who forget that Warframe is a game that has always been in flux, then so be it.

John Bain was an idiot who people should have never taken seriously. He showed on numerous occasions to understand little to nothing about the games he critiqued, and the fact people treated him like some kind of mouthpiece for what's right and wrong in the industry is frankly sad. People rallied around him because he took a pro consumer stance, but he did so from atop a pedestal of ignorance when it came to the actual games themselves (as well as the culture around the industry, but that's another discussion altogether). 

Quoting him does not help your case at all.

Sometimes the best things are accidental. Vision is what ideologues have. Pragmatists can recognize when they have something that's working and stick to it. DE is burning years of good faith they've built up specifically by not shoehorning changes an active portion of their community dislikes. They've shown repeatedly that whenever they operate off vision they end up right where they started in the long run anyway: Look at new Ember.

This patch has been a massive regression from everything DE has been doing right over the years, and frankly is a giant mess.

6 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

This patch has been a massive regression from everything DE has been doing right over the years, and frankly is a giant mess.

And that's where our perspectives differ. I see it as the first step toward undoing the mistakes they've made.

It's obvious that we aren't going to reach a consensus given our diametrically opposed viewpoints, so what say you we go our separate ways?

1 hour ago, mawdeeps said:

yeah that would be why he couldnt post a rakta build for us to test so unfortunate a lot of that going around lately also notice how they are suggesting naramon and daggers might that be because covert leathality plus executing dash? well yeah i guess having to run 1 set up and only being able to use daggers is great. also lets not forget that the white knights were happy when de were gionna change lethality as well

Rakta dark dagger CO I built for corrrisve with the 6060 mods blood rush/the mod from the syndicate you can put two other glad mods on and or possibly drifting contact and prime pressure point or add a 90% mod to build into status. If you have a sentintal that can equip the glad mods you can easily free up two more mod slots to add prime fury(highly recommended bc building combo counter or fury)  and add weeping wounds. 

I chose wukong because I'm stacking twin arcane ultimatims r3 along with his armor buff and if I'm not mistaken the glad mods for the frame and I'm running narmon the exact build for wukong is mainly armor with prime continuity etc (an umbral build would work very well) 

I'm running  a max ranked narmon to boost my crit chance(requires you to ya know keep it up however pretty sure if your too lazy to go try these things and complain on the forums idk if you'll like actual engagement) and boom at max combo counter which you're at pretty often high crit dmg high status and mowing down so many enemies it's insane. On top of that procing both arcane ultimatims along with wukongs 3rd makes him tanky boy over 3k armor.?

Lads operator had that sleep and tether thing so on top of narmon granting me finishers and extra damage I'm oneshotting keeping my armor up and hitting red Crits (don't get me started on the Flippin unkillable clone if you stack arcane ultimatum then summon him. 

You guys let a ps4 player who doesn't have the update get on your playgrounds and just explain a God tier build for you. I don't even have the update. It took me 1 day of playing around to find a few builds similar to this with nezha revenant (he's still bad BTW) I have a sarpa build for ash and loki because of my friend.  And  a fun fun fun wolf sledge build.

GG

Edit Im off work TMW. I plan on streaming some long survivals and testing to bring the pre buffed fang prime to at least 1hour and 45  in mot using  similar tactics. Feel free to watch me be better then you oh and next time I go over bros house I'll happily get some time to take pics 😘 you want some salt with em too? 

EDIT PT TWO. 

You can actually stay much longer off the strength of finishers with narmon. But it got boring. The reason you play wukong with this build is because effectively  he's one of the best frames for melee rn. Opens up to finishers heals and pretty tanky. While you can do this with pretty much any frame running narmon. I just feel safer with wukong also of course stronger weapons benefit from this type of build as well. But you can turn any status weapon to a high crit high status weapon with this method and do serious damage if you don't mind the upkeep 👍 don't cramp your fingers. And one day you can be as good as me kid 😘 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp

17 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Rakta dark dagger CO I built for corrrisve with the 6060 mods blood rush/the mod from the syndicate you can put two other glad mods on and or possibly drifting contact and prime pressure point or add a 90% mod to build into status. If you have a sentintal that can equip the glad mods you can easily free up two more mod slots to add prime fury(highly recommended bc building combo counter or fury)  and add weeping wounds. 

I chose wukong because I'm stacking twin arcane ultimatims r3 along with his armor buff and if I'm not mistaken the glad mods for the frame and I'm running narmon the exact build for wukong is mainly armor with prime continuity etc (an umbral build would work very well) 

I'm running  a max ranked narmon to boost my crit chance(requires you to ya know keep it up however pretty sure if your too lazy to go try these things and complain on the forums idk if you'll like actual engagement) and boom at max combo counter which you're at pretty often high crit dmg high status and mowing down so many enemies it's insane. On top of that procing both arcane ultimatims along with wukongs 3rd makes him tanky boy over 3k armor.?

Lads operator had that sleep and tether thing so on top of narmon granting me finishers and extra damage I'm oneshotting keeping my armor up and hitting red Crits (don't get me started on the Flippin unkillable clone if you stack arcane ultimatum then summon him. 

You guys let a ps4 player who doesn't have the update get on your playgrounds and just explain a God tier build for you. I don't even have the update. It took me 1 day of playing around to find a few builds similar to this with nezha revenant (he's still bad BTW) I have a sarpa build for ash and loki because of my friend.  And  a fun fun fun wolf sledge build.

GG

Edit Im off work TMW. I plan on streaming some long survivals and testing to bring the pre buffed fang prime to at least 1hour and 45  in mot using  similar tactics. Feel free to watch me be better then you oh and next time I go over bros house I'll happily get some time to take pics 😘 you want some salt with em too? 

EDIT PT TWO. 

You can actually stay much longer off the strength of finishers with narmon. But it got boring. The reason you play wukong with this build is because effectively  he's one of the best frames for melee rn. Opens up to finishers heals and pretty tanky. While you can do this with pretty much any frame running narmon. I just feel safer with wukong also of course stronger weapons benefit from this type of build as well. But you can turn any status weapon to a high crit high status weapon with this method and do serious damage if you don't mind the upkeep 👍 don't cramp your fingers. And one day you can be as good as me kid 😘 

tldr the way to use the new melee system is to avoid using it and really on finishers just as you had the option to in the old system as well. 

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Brother! Also read my build above if you wanna have fun with melee 

I read it and I'd love to, but I still don't have condition overload sadly, mainly because the Switch version still sells it for 100+ plat on average.

I also don't have that many arcanes that would help or Naramon, but my simple damage build tends to get me by in most missions (minus a handful of Sorties like +armor sortie 3 on grineer).

I'm looking forward to the patch dropping mainly because it will make my basic general use build have some more power, especially on weapons that will now actually have a decent base crit and/or status chance.

• Like 1

Loving it, why?
Moar damage with less buildup BS
Better and more fluid combos
Great buff to several melee weapons that were once only MR fodder
Hard to make a bad melee build

The only people who cry about the melee changes are the endurance run tryhards, slider cavemen and those addicted to "red crits" oh wait, those are the same type of player.

RIP melee rivens. I was just checking some stuff, like. Having damage on a riven was good, and used to make them expensive, RIP that. Critical chance, RIP that too because additive blood Rush, People that put PL on riven for melee, might be disheartening, an entire system, not just one weapon. Combo counter depends on the Weapon, combo counter is kind pointless for Gunblade if you just use Charge.

OOF.

10 minutes ago, mawdeeps said:

tldr the way to use the new melee system is to avoid using it and really on finishers just as you had the option to in the old system as well. 

If you'd like you can spam finishers at late game like you could previously but the corrosive is going to strip the armor in enough hits so you don't need to.

tdlr- get gud 👍