Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can you like the new melee?

MystikNeko

12 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I read it and I'd love to, but I still don't have condition overload sadly, mainly because the Switch version still sells it for 100+ plat on average.

I also don't have that many arcanes that would help or Naramon, but my simple damage build tends to get me by in most missions (minus a handful of Sorties like +armor sortie 3 on grineer).

I'm looking forward to the patch dropping mainly because it will make my basic general use build have some more power, especially on weapons that will now actually have a decent base crit and/or status chance.

If only you were on ps4 🥺

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

If you'd like you can spam finishers at late game like you could previously but the corrosive is going to strip the armor in enough hits so you don't need to.

tdlr- get gud 👍

ha says the dude how quit after lvl 235 and claims the systems better even though he has to relly on covert lethality to kill anything yeah nice one 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Covert lethality wasn't mentioned in the build ?

the one you haven't used and cant screen shot? heres a thought instead of that post why dont we all play fatal teleport ash with seeking shuriken it amounts to the same thing. we can use his shurkien to strip armoe rthen telport over with our awesome rakta daggers. i bet nobody has heard of this before what a fantastic new melee meta we have

Edited by mawdeeps

Just now, mawdeeps said:

the one you havent used and cant screen shot? heres a thought instead of that post why dont we all play fatal teleport ash with seeking shuriken it amounts do the same thing. we can use his shurkian to strip armoe rthen telport over with our awesome rakta daggers. i bet know one has heard of this before what a fantastic new melee meta we have

As an ash main you can do this (the common ash) or you can go overboard and build rising storm and stack r3 arcane trickery x2 and run around with your rakta with the build above. But hey you do you kid. Talk to papa when you want advice k?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

As an ash main you can do this (the common ash) or you can go overboard and build rising storm and stack r3 arcane trickery x2 and run around with your rakta with the build above. But hey you do you kid. Talk to papa when you want advice k?

advice your build is literally worse than it would have been before the changes your blindly defending.  but you keep thinking you discovered the holy grail while the rest of us who can do math and have actually tested things outside of finisher damage discuss that. if I need a bad finisher build in future i'll drop you line to be sure though

Edited by mawdeeps

There's a lot of things I don't like about the melee rework, but I have to admit, it's nice being able to actually use weapons I couldn't before.

Who on earth would pick up a Orthos Prime or Fang Prime for a sortie? Now, there's a reason. I'm glad that the update made most melee weapons that were kind of bad... well, now good, or at least viable.

Steve did say that they were finally "tearing off the band-aid" in regards to balance in warframe, and this was a start of it, so we'll see where this goes.

Just now, Snydrex said:

There's a lot of things I don't like about the melee rework, but I have to admit, it's nice being able to actually use weapons I couldn't before.

Who on earth would pick up a Orthos Prime or Fang Prime for a sortie? Now, there's a reason. I'm glad that the update made most melee weapons that were kind of bad... well, now good, or at least viable.

Steve did say that they were finally "tearing off the band-aid" in regards to balance in warframe, and this was a start of it, so we'll see where this goes.

yeah would have been beter to fix the wound that is enemy scaling and the difficulty that they cant decide on before ripping off that band aid and bleeding players

4 minutes ago, mawdeeps said:

yeah would have been beter to fix the wound that is enemy scaling and the difficulty that they cant decide on before ripping off that band aid and bleeding players

Can't really decide how scaling should work when player power is as variable as it was.

There's a reason why most games settle on what the player can do first before designing enemies around them.

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

Can't really decide how scaling should work when player power is as variable as it was.

There's a reason why most games settle on what the player can do first before designing enemies around them.

Hit the nail on the head with that one.

Granted there are still several dents that need hammering out with the new system, but overall now that the damage projections are on a level that half makes sense perhaps DE might stand a chance at developing missions/enemies that don't die to CO/BR/S2W builds in faster than they can spawn, which often followed with people complaining the game is too easy.

On 2019-11-09 at 2:17 PM, Murk119 said:

While I agree with everything else in your post (especially the blocking part, wish it was integrated into some combos), this is simply unfeasible. It'd mean making animations for every move of the hundred or so unique weapons we have, and then doing that again for each of the tens of stances there are. It'd be more animations than that of multiple beat 'em ups combined.

... which DE just did, several times over. Here's some quick maths:

• There are currently 178 melee weapons in the game (or, rather, 177, because one of them is exclusive to China, though the Dark Split-Sword kind of counts as two weapons as well). Assuming we go by my proposal and give every melee weapon one bespoke attack animation, but also assume we give every one of those weapons a special attack (and I don't think that needs to happen for every weapon), we get 356 animations to do.
  • There are currently 53 stances in the game, which DE reworked to give 16 different animations each. This means we currently have 848 animations for melee only, and that's not even counting finishers.

So effectively, DE have already done far more than double the work I am asking for. While I am asking for an additional bit of work in the form of a dynamic IK system for melee animations, such a system would also make melee attacks easier to animate in the long run, and thus decrease the workload overall while allowing melee weapons to differentiate themselves properly.

I'm liking it.

It's made every melee sortie viable for me. 

Combos feel much better now. I don't "whiff" combos as much anymore. I use more varied chains. Some still need improvement though. 

I do hate using the combo meter as resource and I miss holding attack to charge. I also think the lift proc should not be default, but a mod

On 2019-11-09 at 5:32 AM, Kaotyke said:

The moment you realize you can swap combos mid swing.

Keep pressing E, then just click the ADS, then push forward, push forward and ADS... mix and match but never stop clicking E.

Also the salt of overreactions is great in my fires.

^^THIS.  😄  

I love the new animations and the melee targeting system. The new command scheme feels better the only issue I have is the repetition. I'd like to be able to eventually add heavy attack in the combo chain to either extend, end or add some flavor to the combo either a combo with my companion or some fly spit  like that.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

It's a massive step in the right direction. All melee weapons feel viable now with the increased range, and I imagine once the meta figures out how to equip Killing Blow we'll see less people complaining about the damage. There's some thought process to how you interact with melee now aside from just spinning or mashing E. You close gaps, you pay attention to your spacing, you do the charge attack for massive damage. It's more engaging and a lot more fun. 

I would like to see several stances get passed over again and have their mobility restored (or added) but right now it's in a great spot. 

Edited by Acos

2 hours ago, Acos said:

It's a massive step in the right direction. All melee weapons feel viable now with the increased range, and I imagine once the meta figures out how to equip Killing Blow we'll see less people complaining about the damage. There's some thought process to how you interact with melee now aside from just spinning or mashing E. You close gaps, you pay attention to your spacing, you do the charge attack for massive damage. It's more engaging and a lot more fun. 

I would like to see several stances get passed over again and have their mobility restored (or added) but right now it's in a great spot. 

nope tried the heavy attack builds a ttk is still down compared to pre old blood 

3 hours ago, mawdeeps said:

nope tried the heavy attack builds a ttk is still down compared to pre old blood 

Oh, you're right, I thought I was one-shotting level 100+ Grineer with it, but based on your experience I can see I was mistaken. 

On 2019-11-09 at 12:25 PM, MystikNeko said:

Hi. 

I just want to know from you why the heck you enjoy the new (IMHO game destroying) melee mechanic

Opinions from Inaros+Gram mains preferred since those players are fuked most

because it just feels better.

there have been a few missions now where I totally forgot that I had guns equipped because melee was that good

Le 10/11/2019 à 12:58, mawdeeps a dit :

1. totally incorrect if you had done an hour in anything you would know this. you get bonus relics for each complete cycle of rotation going up in quality. so nice strawman but i'd suggest educating your self b4 coming here wit an attitude.

2. is funny given your reply t the 1st point

1. Only in fissures, and it stops climbing at 1h15 minutes (roughly depending on mode), we're still oh so far from any proper ridiculously high level endurance run, those that are actually hurt by the nerf. Again, you're dancing around the point.

2. So for you having a 20-50% power disparity between gears is the same as having 500% disparity ? Because there is the word disparity, it's worth ignoring all form of logic ? Again, you're dancing around the point.