Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can you like the new melee?

MystikNeko

I'm trying to do a new Zenistar build right now. I think you can manage something very decent with Corrupt Charge (starts combo counter at 30), Drifting Contact, Range, and some combo efficiency mod. It should theorically allows to send a 40-50 seconds disc within a few hit.

That will ask you to give up attack speed tho and some other mods. But if you do Elemental x2 / Gladiator Vice (6s combo duration) or Riven / Range / CO / Drifing Contact / Corrupt Charge / Combo efficiency, Zenistar should be useable.

On the other hand, I'm having a ton of fun using Silva & Aegis Prime since yesterday.

My build is now double 60/60 for either Corrosive+Heat or Gaz, CO, BR, Organ Shatter, Berserk, Primed Reach, Drifing contact with Final Harbinger as Stance.

It's brutal. It's so brutal I'd love to find a riven to replace Organ shatters with a Heat+CD or Range+CD and a harmless negative.

Spoiler
9 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

I'm trying to do a new Zenistar build right now. I think you can manage something very decent with Corrupt Charge (starts combo counter at 30), Drifting Contact, Range, and some combo efficiency mod. It should theorically allows to send a 40-50 seconds disc within a few hit.

That will ask you to give up attack speed tho and some other mods. But if you do Elemental x2 / Gladiator Vice (6s combo duration) or Riven / Range / CO / Drifing Contact / Corrupt Charge / Combo efficiency, Zenistar should be useable.

On the other hand, I'm having a ton of fun using Silva & Aegis Prime since yesterday.

My build is now double 60/60 for either Corrosive+Heat or Gaz, CO, BR, Organ Shatter, Berserk, Primed Reach, Drifing contact with Final Harbinger as Stance.

It's brutal. It's so brutal I'd love to find a riven to replace Organ shatters with a Heat+CD or Range+CD and a harmless negative.

Until the Zenistar is fixed I'm leaving mine in the cupboard, it's secondary is useless now at only 9 seconds deployed instead of 49, I liked putting out the disc then sometimes using the main part to slash my way through enemies.

Edited by Slayer-.

7 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:
  Hide contents

Until the Zenistar is fixed I'm leaving mine in the cupboard, it's secondary is useless now at only 9 seconds deployed instead of 49, I liked putting out the disc then sometimes using the main part to slash my way through enemies.

Yes, that's why I'm trying to do a build that allows me to get back a 40-50 seconds disc with minimal effort on my part.

It's not ideal, but if I could make it work decently on frame that don't melee a lot, it's better than nothing.

I still want a fix mind you.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

9 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

I did something similar to my Zenistar when i was changing my old Zenistar build except i used Body Count. Corrupt Charge makes the Duration be at it’s original amount or higher in a shorter Melee time.

1 minute ago, Slayer-. said:

You need to build up combo meter. You max out at 120 seconds with 12x. That's why he was talking about Corrupt Charge and Combo Efficiency.

Zenistar is still pretty useful but you now have to actually hit things with it. Or try stacking initial combo meter. Hey, at least my Zenistar riven will hopefully get higher disposition after a bit. 😉

--

I'm liking melee changes more the more I get used to them. It was really disappointing at first, but after some testing and playing I realized a lot of different weapons I liked but never played function much better now. Overall, melee no longer has infinite scaling and it's obviously huge nerf... but that's probably healthy for the game balance. Before lvl 200 kicks in, feels like melee function about the same anyway. Glaives and Gunblades need serious fixes however IMO.

2 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

You need to build up combo meter. You max out at 120 seconds with 12x. That's why he was talking about Corrupt Charge and Combo Efficiency.

Zenistar is still pretty useful but you now have to actually hit things with it. Or try stacking initial combo meter. Hey, at least my Zenistar riven will hopefully get higher disposition after a bit. 😉

--

I'm liking melee changes more the more I get used to them. It was really disappointing at first, but after some testing and playing I realized a lot of different weapons I liked but never played function much better now. Overall, melee no longer has infinite scaling and it's obviously huge nerf... but that's probably healthy for the game balance. Before lvl 200 kicks in, feels like melee function about the same anyway. Glaives and Gunblades need serious fixes however IMO.

I think you missed what I was talking about, I know how to do all the combo stuff, I'm talking about deploying the disc, DE have nerfed it or bugged from 49 seconds deployed back to 9 seconds deployed, I liked having two weapons in one, there are many other melee weapons that can do what the Zenistar does now if you just want to hit things with it. 😛 

1 minute ago, Slayer-. said:

I think you missed what I was talking about, I know how to do all the combo stuff, I'm talking about deploying the disc, DE have nerfed it or bugged from 49 seconds deployed back to 9 seconds deployed, I liked having two weapons in one, there are many other melee weapons that can do what the Zenistar does now if you just want to hit things with it. 😛 

The higher your combo meter, the longer your disk stays out now. 

2 hours ago, zoffmode said:

The higher your combo meter, the longer your disk stays out now. 

Hmmm, ok thank you didn't know about that change will have to relook at it.

edit: That sort of makes it suck a tad, need to replace speed mods for counters and combo ones. Wish DE had just left it alone. 🙂

Edited by Slayer-.

On 2019-11-11 at 5:51 AM, Acos said:

Oh, you're right, I thought I was one-shotting level 100+ Grineer with it, but based on your experience I can see I was mistaken. 

abd you werent before the rework? u can 1 shot lvl 100 grinner with guns thats noth any where close to the scaling we had b4

7 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

1. Only in fissures, and it stops climbing at 1h15 minutes (roughly depending on mode), we're still oh so far from any proper ridiculously high level endurance run, those that are actually hurt by the nerf. Again, you're dancing around the point.

2. So for you having a 20-50% power disparity between gears is the same as having 500% disparity ? Because there is the word disparity, it's worth ignoring all form of logic ? Again, you're dancing around the point.

1. ok will gloss over the facr you lied about no rewards past c rotation and take your 1hr 15 mins what level are enemies in arbitration and axi misions at that point?

2. what are you even talking about here? i never mentioned any percentage disparity. although with the changes to the formula  all gear types are exponentially worse than they were b4 as they can no longer scale past a certain point where as they could b4 some were better than others but that is still the case.

To answer the initial question in this thread, I like the new melee. I always liked melee but over time melee has just gotten better in my oppinion, like when they added the ability to quickly change from melee to rifle/pistol instead of manually swapping was great.

The new changes to the stances are... well, hit and miss but seen holistically, I think it's better. Most stances became significantly better and more fluid while others just made me retire some of my setups (like the redeemer, I don't like it at all now). Removing those really awkward pause combos was great.

Overall though, I'm having a LOT of fun using weapons that I had previously discarded and trying out new builds for them. My Krohkur has become a monster, the Hate is fantastic and my Sepfahn is super fun. I'm enjoying melee more since this update so all in all, I like it. 

I is somewhat understandable that some hate on the changes if they were heavily invested in rolling rivens to play with high range, maiming strike CO/BR builds. However, there were many unsubtle hints from DE that that kind of meta was going to get changed so at least to me that wasn't at all unexpected. 

Edited by Myrmel

On 2019-11-12 at 8:29 AM, mawdeeps said:

abd you werent before the rework? u can 1 shot lvl 100 grinner with guns thats noth any where close to the scaling we had b4

Well... by level 100 Grineer I really mean "Grineer Heavy Gunner or Bombard" due to their armor scaling. Mook level enemies don't count. 

You type bad. 

How do I enjoy the new melee? Sure, I may have lost my previous build where I would just broken bull my way into 400k red crits using War, but on the other hand...

I did somehow manage to make a Paracesis build which apparently does 1.1m red crits with heavy attacks. Works for me. Not nearly as mobile, but also quite fun.

And overall, I do like most, if not all of the changes made to movesets 🙂

3 hours ago, Salenzar said:

How do I enjoy the new melee? Sure, I may have lost my previous build where I would just broken bull my way into 400k red crits using War, but on the other hand...

I did somehow manage to make a Paracesis build which apparently does 1.1m red crits with heavy attacks. Works for me. Not nearly as mobile, but also quite fun.

And overall, I do like most, if not all of the changes made to movesets 🙂

Your War will still work with broken bull, to be honest anybody can do a Broken bull combo (if right stance is fitted) now no thinking about it at all.

I got my Paracesis up to 12x combo +220 so it makes it easier to use.

• 1 month later...