Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator mode should be more risky ?

CephalonSolo

I mean u can be immortal whyle resurrect and just move that fast ,stun anything u want give Mana, enchant meele... (And other powers who cares XD)  if u die in operator mode u should die and not with 4 resurrect but like game over for the mission , 

Not only will put a bit of spice when use it but it will make sense lorewise. 

• Like 1

12 минут назад, CephalonSolo сказал:

You know, if we are talking lorewise it would make most sense if when you die as Operator your Warframe account gets deleted.

I mean that would've been fun, right?

I personaly think risk from being in Operator form is not what makes it not so enjoyable right now. It's just that Operator mode is strangely disconnected from Warframe mode. The story is trying to push us to the idea that warframe and operator should work as one, constantly using each other on the battlefield. But right now it is more like:

"Hold on for a second, intence mobility based gameplay. I'm going to execute some advanced tactical maneuvers by staying at one place for a while, being invisible and invincible and doing nothing because my weapons are useless against everything but Sentient anyway... just a couple seconds more... alright, now we can resume."

If the game tries to go away from that divide between the modes, then we can talk about taking risks while being in Operator form.

It took a lot of effort and grind to get to a stage where operators can be powerful on their own. 

Dying as operator reduces your max health for a time, and it stacks. 

Frames that have an active ability on still take damage (90% DR though) so you can still die as a frame if you are not paying attention. 

The punishment does seem little but I don't think any more is needed.

Maybe a 10 second cool down until reusing transference would be fairer? 

It should zap WF power.

I do kind of miss the old strategy and risk of reviving someone without invisibility. It took some thought and planning to revive. Someone turning back to revive was truly heroic back then.

The flip side was that people revived less and left you to die more often. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

And here we go on the nerf train again...

How about we make the operator 1 health, 1 armor, remove all focus school bonuses, and 30 minute cooldown between transference.  If you're in void mode more than 5 seconds, your Warframe dies.  

DE you listening?  The Nerf Kitties are meowing again!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CephalonSolo said:

I mean u can be immortal whyle resurrect and just move that fast ,stun anything u want give Mana, enchant meele... (And other powers who cares XD)  if u die in operator mode u should die and not with 4 resurrect but like game over for the mission , 

You could've write "I only use and know zenurik" and that would be more efficient than your post.

4 hours ago, ant99999 said:

"Hold on for a second, intence mobility based gameplay. I'm going to execute some advanced tactical maneuvers by staying at one place for a while, being invisible and invincible and doing nothing because my weapons are useless against everything but Sentient anyway... just a couple seconds more... alright, now we can resume."

The operator is one of the most quick methods to travelling on every tileset (except for archwing on open world areas), usually going faster than volt or zephyr (or wukong, nezha, nova, etc) and since long time ago you can CHANGE the void damage for your amp (to puncture, electric, heat, viral). If your use of the opeartor resumes to "do nothing while invisible", I think you are doing it wrong.

• Like 1

If the operator form was more risky no one would start to use it remember the operator starts very squishy with next to no meaning full damage out put. If using it was a death sentence why would you use it? Besides an ill timed operator "death" can kill your frame if there built for shields.

3 часа назад, xHeretic сказал:

The operator is one of the most quick methods to travelling on every tileset (except for archwing on open world areas), usually going faster than volt or zephyr (or wukong, nezha, nova, etc)

Of course they are. But quick travelling unfortunately isn't a part of actual gameplay. Archwing for example also has quick travel capabilities. And is it really a part of gameplay right now? No, it's forgotten about the moment you step to the ground and begin killing things. Void Dash as a mean of surpassing the speed of sound isn't really much different.

3 часа назад, xHeretic сказал:

since long time ago you can CHANGE the void damage for your amp (to puncture, electric, heat, viral). If your use of the opeartor resumes to "do nothing while invisible", I think you are doing it wrong.

Well I really could be wrong here because I find Operator shooting really clunky and inconvenient, and thus don't use it often apart from Eidolons and Profit Taker, but something really tells me that even the 777 Void Kamehameha using viral isn't much of a real competitor to my trusty Corinth.

8 hours ago, CephalonSolo said:

So please tell me:
How are newer players supposed to even attempt to do eidolons?
Even terralyst will just splat new players who don't have maxed out focus schools and arcanes to help their operators...so what are they supposed to do?  Just fail instantly with no warnings and no way to try again?

Yeah...I can see that going over so well. /s (obviously)

And saying "Well don't do eidolons until you completely finish focus!" isn't an answer...especially since eidolons are one of the only ways to quickly do focus.

30 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Of course they are. But quick travelling unfortunately isn't a part of actual gameplay. Archwing for example also has quick travel capabilities. And is it really a part of gameplay right now? No, it's forgotten about the moment you step to the ground and begin killing things. Void Dash as a mean of surpassing the speed of sound isn't really much different.

It is, you said earlier:

8 hours ago, ant99999 said:

Void dash can be performed everywhere, the operator gameplay isn't static as you suggest, also isn't just for reaching far places, as I said, can be executed everywhere.

30 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Well I really could be wrong here because I find Operator shooting really clunky and inconvenient, and thus don't use it often apart from Eidolons and Profit Taker, but something really tells me that even the 777 Void Kamehameha using viral isn't much of a real competitor to my trusty Corinth.

7 - 7 - 7 isn't the best amp tho, 7 -1- 3 outperform it without taking self damage (and yes, lohrin is best than certus, because 8% more of crit chance doesn't compensate the loss of status chance). And yeah, can't one shot enemies but I can lock them and kill enemies on almsot every situation. And you can still use your trusty corinth if you take Umbra (the only frame ATM to play comfy as operator) .

Edited by xHeretic

6 минут назад, xHeretic сказал:

Void dash can be performed everywhere, the operator gameplay isn't static as you suggest, also isn't just for reaching far places, as I said, can be executed everywhere.

Well in the end it could easily be my personal preferences and lack of skill of using Void Dash properly. Everytime I switch from warframe to operator it feels like I suddenly switched a game (someone certainly can find pleasure in this, but not me). Gameplay as a warframe is all about fluidity and mobility, operator is about speed, yes, but it is anything but mobility. If a warframe can be compared to a fighter jet, then an operator is a hot air balloon with a hyperdrive attached to it.

On top of this a lot of operator's passives and arcanes (namely Magus Repair and Void Strike) require staying in void mode for a while (which is easier to achieve without using Dash because they use the same energy pool) sometimes also when being close to something, enemies or your warframe, which also adds some restrictions to mobility.

I mean you probably can play operator being highly mobile, I have little doubt in that, but their entire kit is basically begging you of staying in one place.

As for the weapons part, well, you seem to know the subject better than me, so I won't oppose you there. Don't think I'm going to try using amps as my damage dealing means anytime soon though.

Upcoming patch we are experimenting with discouraging reckless Tenno behavior by promoting good tactics.

Dying in operator mode causes your CPU to implode into oblivion. Locusts will swarm your house and all your wine (and beer) turned into piss. So not dying in operator mode is good tactics.

1 hour ago, ant99999 said:

Well in the end it could easily be my personal preferences and lack of skill of using Void Dash properly. Everytime I switch from warframe to operator it feels like I suddenly switched a game (someone certainly can find pleasure in this, but not me). Gameplay as a warframe is all about fluidity and mobility, operator is about speed, yes, but it is anything but mobility. If a warframe can be compared to a fighter jet, then an operator is a hot air balloon with a hyperdrive attached to it.

On top of this a lot of operator's passives and arcanes (namely Magus Repair and Void Strike) require staying in void mode for a while (which is easier to achieve without using Dash because they use the same energy pool) sometimes also when being close to something, enemies or your warframe, which also adds some restrictions to mobility.

I mean you probably can play operator being highly mobile, I have little doubt in that, but their entire kit is basically begging you of staying in one place.

As for the weapons part, well, you seem to know the subject better than me, so I won't oppose you there. Don't think I'm going to try using amps as my damage dealing means anytime soon though.

Probably is about taste, because I play 95% of the time as operator (most of the time with Umbra for comoddity and yeah, to compenseate the lack of power and Limbo if I want to play just as opertor, Limbo on rift and I forget about him). Vazarin perfom better than magus repair (8x heals for operator on void mode, 6 seconds of invulnerability and 60% of max health of everything friendly) and unairu perfom better than void strike (with unairu wisp) precisely because of that, because you aren't required to stay on void mode for long time to achieve better results and synergize better with lockdown + melt / overload. Their kit is far from satying static, because your power resides on your high mobility skills. Maybe you got that impression because repair and void strike (I dont like that arcane and I dont like madurai even if it gives me inmense power, I cant stand beign in one place)

I have a few old operator videos (with my old setup) if you wanna check them out, Im thinking on doing them again to have proof of the utiliy of this combo (and my new and upgraded build).

I do miss reviving someone being something heroic and risky. On the other hand high level enemies make mods like sanctuary pretty crap compared to just going invisible. 

Just removing the ability to res in void mode isn't the way to go about it though. There would need to be something to replace it. 

Giving other support /healing warframes an augment like the ones nekros/Oberon have would also be neat. 

Can money boy revive while he's a cloud?

14 hours ago, CephalonSolo said:

Bad idea. It would completely destroy Eidolon hunting, especially for newer players. Operators are the way they are for a reason.